• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel thanks app does not have option to pay Telangana electricity bills? How to use airtel axis card to pay bill and get 10% discount

ragz

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi folks,

I recently applied for Axis airtel card and it got approved.
I have a Telangana electricity bill pending to be paid but I don't see option to pay Telangana electricity bill on Airtel thanks app.
Is there any way to pay Telangana (tsspdcl) electricity bill through Airtel axis credit card and still earn 10% cashback?

Thanks in advance for your help

Bhanu Agarwal

TF Premier
Hi folks,

I have a Telangana electricity bill pending to be paid but I don't see option to pay Telangana electricity bill on Airtel thanks app.
Is there any way to pay Telangana (tsspdcl) electricity bill through Airtel axis credit card and still earn 10% cashback?

Use amazon pay with ICICI amazon credit card. This will give you unlimited 2%

CreditLife

TF Buzz
After multiple attempts to contact the Airtel team I got the following reply from them in August

We would like to inform you that presently there is no provision to make electricity bill payment from Telangana and Andhra Pradesh states. We will notify you once the service is available.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Hi folks,

Get Axis Ace if you can. It gives 5% on utility, but also has 2% on offline and other spends.
Or get Axis Neo which is being LTF.

ragz

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Get Axis Ace if you can. It gives 5% on utility, but also has 2% on offline and other spends.
Or get Axis Neo which is being LTF.
I already have ace.. But I now use dcb to get 7% rewards on amazon gc and then use that to pay Telangana electricity bills.. Better than ace in terms of rewards just that it is less than 10% cashback of airtel axis card

Reactions: SSV

Gaara

TF Ace
Tamil Nadu gets bills EB bi-monthly. Is there anyway to pay in advance using Thanks?
You can make advance payments for your electricity bills in Tamil Nadu using the TANGEDCO (Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation) online payment system. Here are the available options:

TANGEDCO Official Website:
  • Visit the TANGEDCO website.
  • Make payments through various methods, including net banking, credit/debit cards, BHIM/UPI, and more

reach2dpg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Discoms from Telangana is not available in the Airtel app. I am using the scratch card offers to load fund to Amazon wallet and pay the electricity bill. It saves me 3-4%. But all other telecom and utility bills are on the Axis Airtel credit card.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Discoms from Telangana is not available in the Airtel app. I am using the scratch card offers to load fund to Amazon wallet and pay the electricity bill. It saves me 3-4%. But all other telecom and utility bills are on the Axis Airtel credit card.
I'm using my Axis ACE card from family member. Same issue as I'm from TG State

RajeshV

TF Premier
You can make advance payments for your electricity bills in Tamil Nadu using the TANGEDCO (Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation) online payment system.
Erm... Yes, but I was only hoping it were possible so that I can pay the ₹3000 every month on Airtel Thanks for the cashback.