• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Alumni offers for Premium Credit Cards of various banks

IDFC has future first account. Its a 0 balance account, comes with VISA Signature debit card. It is for alumni of certain colleges. In my case, they did not verify my college before opening account.
Will the account be converted back to normal 10k variant after couple of years when the individual in no longer a student??

Also can this account be upgraded to wealth account??

Hi - I'm looking to apply for the LTF Diners Black through Alumni offer. Any contact who can help? I'm at Kolkata.

Hi - I'm looking to apply for the LTF Diners Black through Alumni offer. Any contact who can help? I'm at Kolkata.
1. Apply online, see which card is available for you. If it's shows DCB (even if paid), apply. There will be cibil enquiry for checking card
2. Go to bank, tell them you want DCB. They will tell you that they will try, but not with surety.
In both above cases, after getting paid card, simply mail HDFC, tell them to convert it into ltf based on alumni offer, they will ask degree proof and will do so.

3. Else, you can directly mail HDFC and give you salary details, alumni status etc, and see what they reply

I have applied for the ICICI Sapphiro LTF (Lifetime Free) card using the alumni offer and successfully obtained it. However, I am also interested in an add-on card for my wife. Nevertheless, ICICI has informed me that they do not provide an additional Sapphiro card under the alumni offer.

Is this information accurate? HDFC, for instance, offers an add-on card for the DCB LTF card.

I have applied for the ICICI Sapphiro LTF (Lifetime Free) card using the alumni offer and successfully obtained it. However, I am also interested in an add-on card for my wife. Nevertheless, ICICI has informed me that they do not provide an additional Sapphiro card under the alumni offer.

Is this information accurate? HDFC, for instance, offers an add-on card for the DCB LTF card.
ICICI requires you to visit branch to get add-on card if the recipient doesn't have a savings account with icici. Probably this is the reason. So your best bet is to just go to the branch with wife and apply for add-on card.

1. Apply online, see which card is available for you. If it's shows DCB (even if paid), apply. There will be cibil enquiry for checking card
2. Go to bank, tell them you want DCB. They will tell you that they will try, but not with surety.
In both above cases, after getting paid card, simply mail HDFC, tell them to convert it into ltf based on alumni offer, they will ask degree proof and will do so.

3. Else, you can directly mail HDFC and give you salary details, alumni status etc, and see what they reply
Thanks for the information. Do you have mail Id of hdfc?

Do you know at what stage they gonna perform cibil check?
No idea how they doing it now.... For me, it was through Alumni team, and they took a manual form for splitting limit from my Regalia.
CIBIL hit happened after 5-6 days, when manually someone would have processed the application.

In the option 3 in above post - it would most likely occur after the HDFC email team replies back positively on the upgradation and you give your consent. [However, I'm not 100% sure].
For option 1 - there will be CIBIL for sure while entering the details and checking the cards (it happens even before HDFC shows the eligible cards)

Alright. Thanks for explaining.
No idea how they doing it now.... For me, it was through Alumni team, and they took a manual form for splitting limit from my Regalia.
CIBIL hit happened after 5-6 days, when manually someone would have processed the application.

In the option 3 in above post - it would most likely occur after the HDFC email team replies back positively on the upgradation and you give your consent. [However, I'm not 100% sure].
For option 1 - there will be CIBIL for sure while entering the details and checking the cards (it happens even before HDFC shows the eligible cards)

ICICI requires you to visit branch to get add-on card if the recipient doesn't have a savings account with icici. Probably this is the reason. So your best bet is to just go to the branch with wife and apply for add-on card.
Thanks. We don't have any relationship with ICICI Bank except the Sapphiro Card against the alumni offer. I spoke with someone who told me the add-on card against the alumni offer will not be LTF but a paid one.

I don't know what the correct position is.

Thanks. We don't have any relationship with ICICI Bank except the Sapphiro Card against the alumni offer. I spoke with someone who told me the add-on card against the alumni offer will not be LTF but a paid one.

I don't know what the correct position is.
They are lying. Add-on card would have the same fee attached as it is in the case of paid Sapphiro, i.e, ZERO. Visit branch, ask for the add-on card form, fill it and submit along with any relevant documents asked.

Back