• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon Pay - Application already exists

pra300

TF Buzz
Hello everyone,

Here is my case:

1) Had Apay CC from 2018
2) Closed it in July 2022 due to low credit limit along with Coral CC.
No luck with LE despite having other CC with 1L+ limit and summitted income proofs!
3) I decided to re-apply in May 2023, no re-apply option in the app and bank also refused to re-activate closed card.
4) After learning from members here I created new Amazon account, but still did not get apply invite. So I gave up getting Apay card.
5) Last month I got Amazon prime shopping edition subscription on the new account, and I discovered I got apply button.
When I go to apply it redirects me to a bank page which states "Application already exists with your mobile number"

Contacted support, CSM called & said I can't re-apply from same number.
Interestingly he mentioned that my card is not closed! I requested to re-activate same. Gave me 2 days of timeline for answer.
I am not very optimistic on the outcome since I already got confirmation of closure in the past and was denied card re-activation request twice.

There is not a single issue with my cibil and credit history.
My question is - can I still get Apay card somehow?

Last edited:

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Gave me 2 days of timeline for answer.

Since he has asked for 2 days timeline, the best is to wait.

If you get the card, that's perfect! If you still don't get it, try applying from a different number.
That shouldn't be a big concern and you can always update the number later by reaching out to ICICI support!
(there have been some complications with this to some users, so ensure you keep the same Amazon account and number active if things go sideways)

ARCHISMAN_DAS

TF Select
"
am in the Same issues but my problem is little different In 2022 I was eligible for ICICI apay Paperless process according to the amazon and
. tried to apply but Imay not eligible because I wasn't 21 years old but when I get turn into 21 in 2023 I again tried but this time every time I try the page can't load at all and getting no option to apply again. When I reach to the amazon support they said the application from 2022 is existed So I can't apply new. I don't know how it's possible. But reach to the bank support they said it's Invite based Can't apply normal way. But I am the Saving account Customer since 3 years and also hadthe invite in past.

rextg

TF Buzz
You
"
am in the Same issues but my problem is little different In 2022 I was eligible for ICICI apay Paperless process according to the amazon and
. tried to apply but Imay not eligible because I wasn't 21 years old but when I get turn into 21 in 2023 I again tried but this time every time I try the page can't load at all and getting no option to apply again. When I reach to the amazon support they said the application from 2022 is existed So I can't apply new. I don't know how it's possible. But reach to the bank support they said it's Invite based Can't apply normal way. But I am the Saving account Customer since 3 years and also hadthe invite in past.
you can apply even though you are less than 21 years old if you have any cc relation. I got my apay card at 19 yrs having fd card of 6m old.

pra300

TF Buzz
Update:
I did not receive any communication from the bank representatives.
Not sure why I checked application again, somehow I was able to proceed with application. I guess they removed previous application entry.
It mentioned 100% paperless process.
Only asked to verify OTP via personal/official email.

Let's see how it goes for me, I'll post.

2nd Update:
I got call today 14 Feb, customer support manager said they can't re-activate closed card but they informed Amazon to remove old application (previous card).

3rd Update 15 Feb:
Application not approved, apply after 180 days lol! :LOL:
You can't really crack how they assess application and applicant profiles, even people with strong history will get rejected and students with no jobs will get lakhs of credit limit!

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Grogu

TF Premier
Even I closed my Apay CC linked to previous Amazon account. I created a new account with a different email address and when I tried to apply, got a message that application already exists with mobile number. So I talked to the customer support to get the application removed from backend. Now, I can proceed further to share my existing Coral card details and generate OTP for instant card but it says "Sorry, we can't provide you this card at this moment".

pra300

TF Buzz
Even I closed my Apay CC linked to previous Amazon account. I created a new account with a different email address and when I tried to apply, got a message that application already exists with mobile number. So I talked to the customer support to get the application removed from backend. Now, I can proceed further to share my existing Coral card details and generate OTP for instant card but it says "Sorry, we can't provide you this card at this moment".
Can you go back & NOT choose existing credit card? That way it should let you proceed. Give it a try.