• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Application was cancelled

Actually ICICI, HDFC and Even Indusind does provide credit card to NRI.. I have from all 3 banks added to my nre account..
You answered your own question..
These guys do provide CC s to NRIs as they are eligible to provide..
Where as Amex is not..May be it was eligible before and hence they have that data item.
Because now they can't issue to NRIs they are cancelling..
See the difference, they haven't rejected you they cancelled it..

You answered your own question..
These guys do provide CC s to NRIs as they are eligible to provide..
Where as Amex is not..May be it was eligible before and hence they have that data item.
Because now they can't issue to NRIs they are cancelling..
See the difference, they haven't rejected you they cancelled it..
Yeah might be..but they did a cibil enquiry... Can i ask them to remove it ?

Then why amex has different portfolio acc to different countries, amex aint amex everywhere
The different portfolio is to cater different people of different countries. For example, They have tie up with Taj here, but in France, nobody would care about that Taj benefit. Right....

Until we are talking about Amex Plat, which they do status matching in many places. But that's a different story.
----
But the Card is still AmEx only. Payments Processing happens same way.

That might be the case for rejection. But @indi_vishal please get it confirmed from Amex team, they will do the needful. If not one agent try again you will get answer usually Amex team are the best in business.
As suggested I made another call to confirm.. Now they are saying it is put on Hold and customer care executive has assigned my case to specialized team.. and they will revert back in 2-3 days.... will update
But why will I take Indian AmEx. Other countries have better AmEx of their own. 🤔
I am taking Indian Amex coz I have better credit history in India. :D

As suggested I made another call to confirm.. Now they are saying it is put on Hold and customer care executive has assigned my case to specialized team.. and they will revert back in 2-3 days.... will update

I am taking Indian Amex coz I have better credit history in India. :D
Lets hear from the horses mouth, why he interested in taking indian amex card...aayush says why not use the existing foreign amex card for payments in india itself?

Back