• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX PLATINUM TRAVEL CARD BEST WAYS TO SPEND

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to spend on AMEX platinum travel credit card to reach the milestone of 4 Lakhs per annum ?
The reason i'm asking is AMEX card is not allowed in most of the online websites...
Please suggest, Thanks

If one is finding it tough to spend 4L organically, best way to hit milestone is to use the Paytm money rotation method. There is some fuel wallet cashback offer going on till October 31.

Yes, paytm charges 2.65% for loading wallet using credit card but it gives 1.5% - 2% fuel wallet cashback. The remaining delta will be compensated by normal RPs and you will be able to hit milestones.

In this way you can get the 40k milestone RPs and use other cards for the rest of the year to get more points which you wouldn't have got if you were going to spend 4L organically using amex plat travel.
If you are doing this, dont bring the money back to bank, rather use it to pay CC bills or other utilities, to avoid increase in wallet loading fees.

Reactions: SSV
Provided you apply it in account.
Every Amazon Pay Gift Voucher comes with one year validity by default, even after you applying to your account.
Exception : Apay GV issued for CB on ICICI Apay CC, this has 3 years validity

Examples for both the cases:

1) Apay GV with one year validity from issuance(not added to account date)

1698421410507.jpeg

2) Apay issued as a CB on ICICI Apay CC, which will have 3 years validity

1698421582840.jpeg

Last edited:
Difference between practical and theory. They remain valid.
Speak to customer care or try yourself.
Sure, I understand what you are saying..
But at the end of the day, I don't want to depend on someone's kindness/ discretion( i.e. Amazon's).. and don't want to risk...

AFAIK and as per T&C, they can extend the expiry date if you contact support, but it expires by default.

Screenshot 2023-10-27 231851.png

Also, I recall seeing a message stating that 'pay balance closer to expiry are used first' when paying with pay balance. However, I dont see it now.

AFAIK and as per T&C, they can extend the expiry date if you contact support, but it expires by default.

View attachment 33475

Also, I recall seeing a message stating that 'pay balance closer to expiry are used first' when paying with pay balance. However, I dont see it now.

You are exactly right... @sm9811911 ... Thank you very much for making me to contact Amazon CC with regard to GV expiry date.

Yes, we can renew the GV after its expiry ..we need to contact Amazon CC with GV numbe , then they will renew it...

I was under the impression that they will expire as Amazon strictly follows what they say and promise.. It seems they are lenient in this perspective...

Thanks again because of you I learnt a new thing today.. Apologies if I offended you by any means...

You are exactly right... @sm9811911 ... Thank you very much for making me to contact Amazon CC with regard to GV expiry date.

Yes, we can renew the GV after its expiry ..we need to contact Amazon CC with GV numbe , then they will renew it...

I was under the impression that they will expire as Amazon strictly follows what they say and promise.. It seems they are lenient in this perspective...

Thanks again because of you I learnt a new thing today.. Apologies if I offended you by any means...
All good.
Also used to be automatic i.e no need to call anyone, the gv added to your account can be used even after expiry. May have changed now.

Reactions: SSV
Can anyone tell me what is the best way to spend on AMEX platinum travel credit card to reach the milestone of 4 Lakhs per annum ?
The reason i'm asking is AMEX card is not allowed in most of the online websites...
Please suggest, Thanks
Offline:

Fuel - HPCL (0%) & Private Company outlets (check surcharge though), IOCL Voucher through Park Plus (conservative net gain approx 7.7%)

Grocery - DMart, Metro Cash n Carry, Best Price, Check once at nearest regional supermarket chain as well

Electronics - Croma, Vijay Sales, Sales India

Pharmacy - Apollo Pharmacy (Hit or Miss depends upon the outlet), alternatively can purchase voucher online and redeem them at offline stores, Regional Pharmacy Chains

Apparels - Pantaloons, Westside, Trends

Online:

Tax - NPS, City Municipal Taxes

Utilities - Electricity, Gas

Insurance - Term, Life, Health, PA, LIC (Through Amazon vouchers)

Voucher - Amazon Pay and Shopping voucher from reward multiplier

Wallet - Paytm/Mobikwik/HP Pay (check charges though) Bigbasket, Milkbasket, BB Daily

Fastag Recharge: Park+

E-commerce - Most of the prominent websites including but not limited to Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, etc

Last edited:
You can use it online to buy vouchers use at store like MORE Stores malls Hotels airline tickets load wallets if you pay Bsnl only mobile or landlines or Internet you get points for this too. You can use in hpcl petrol pumps mostly in metros if non metros they have list where it will get accepted. Some time all hpcl petrol pumps. You can use them on Amex portal for vouchers too. Amazon flipkart etc These are few common ways of using it.this is how I reached all my milestone upto 4 lakhs and stopped it max benefits upto 4lakhs spend is good for rate of return.
But the website says that 1 point per 50Rs spend will not be credited for Fuel?

Offline:

Fuel - HPCL (0%) & Private Company outlets (check surcharge though)

Grocery - DMart, Check once at nearest regional supermarket chain as well

Electronics - Croma, Vijay Sales

Pharmacy - Apollo Pharmacy (Hit or Miss depends upon the outlet, alternatively can purchase voucher online and redeem them at offline stores

Apparels - Pantaloons, Westside, Trends

Online:

Tax - NPS, City Municipal Taxes

Utilities - Electricity, Gas

Insurance - Term, Life, Health, PA, LIC (Through Amazon vouchers)

Voucher - Amazon Pay and Shopping voucher from reward multiplier

Wallet - Paytm/Mobikwik (check charges though) Bigbasket, Milkbasket, BB Daily

E-commerce - Most of the prominent websites including but not limited to Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, etc
But the website says that 1 point per 50Rs spend will not be credited for Fuel, Utilities?

Back