• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amount held on lein in IDFC savings account

prash1161

TF Ace
So issue is disputed amount received by me is 5000
I received it in idfc
And nothing happened I was unaware that it is scammed amount or anything
Then I transferred 14k for some thing to uco and then again uco to idfc

So the amount blocked should be 5000 but they blocked 5000 in uco because I sent my money to uco and then I sent to idfc so they blocked again 5000 in idfc

Idfc told me that hold is from cyber cell odisha and gave me a number I tried 10000 times but they never pickup my call.

Also called odisha cyber police got number from offical website, called 5/13 station in odisha and they were unable to get any info

Also got a frnd online he to visited nearby small police station they were also unable to find what's the issue is .

Nor idfc is contacting to cyber police who sent them the intimation to hold, police is also not contacting me to sort it out .

And uco is not even replying by any solution or anything from 2 months . Not even branch manager is helping even I have a good relationship. Also complaint on rbi portal still no response.

For 5000 my 15000 (5+5 in idfc 5 in uco ) is blocked .

This issue is very serious in our country, police to block amount but there's no case or solution given.

For example you are a shopkeeper and I sent you 1l for goods
After a day i reported it as a scam on cybercell mha portal your bank will keep 1l on hold and you will be in loss when u will try to reach cyber police at Max they will do is take 1l and say will unhold from your account.

Government is not taking any action at all nor banks are interested.

I am seeking your helping to get justice. I agree at Max if 5000 is disputed hold that but I did internal transaction so why more 5+5k is holded .

And also why 5000 is holded what's issue no intimation.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Issue is i received a payment of 11500 from my friend 2 months ago in my IDFC bank account and then transfered 15000 from my idfc to uco , then uco to idfc . After 10 days my idfc bank got hold of 5000 2 times and uco bank 1 time .

But the actual report is of 1 time 5000 rupees .

I transferred from idfc to uco to they put on uco and also uco to idfc so they put again.

So in short 5000 rs hold should be one time not 3 .

May be my friend received money by an scammer or something idk.

It's bank it saying ask to police but when i visited in my area they told we can't help , the complaint is from odisha so you have to visit their as I live in Mumbai so I can't.

Should I complain to rbi that only 5000 should be holded why 15000 it's same account.
Were you playing jiggly puff .

So which bank is holding your balance ? Idfc or uco bank ?
In your account or friends?

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
Issue is i received a payment of 11500 from my friend 2 months ago in my IDFC bank account and then transfered 15000 from my idfc to uco , then uco to idfc . After 10 days my idfc bank got hold of 5000 2 times and uco bank 1 time .

But the actual report is of 1 time 5000 rupees .

I transferred from idfc to uco to they put on uco and also uco to idfc so they put again.

So in short 5000 rs hold should be one time not 3 .

May be my friend received money by an scammer or something idk.

It's bank it saying ask to police but when i visited in my area they told we can't help , the complaint is from odisha so you have to visit their as I live in Mumbai so I can't.

Should I complain to rbi that only 5000 should be holded why 15000 it's same account.
I think your amount not blocked, your account get freezed. If a penny transferred from a scammer account then also cyber police issue a freeze notice to bank till they solve case. In this case neither bank nor RBI could help you. Only option to appear in respective cyber police station where complaint lodged. If you think they are not in a mood to help you only option to go court against your account freeze with all proofs.

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There is a court order recently asking banks not to freeze account... see article below. This happened quite a few times in Kerala last year and became big news. Only to find out that there were a few un-ethical ppl in cybrplc who played this game. eventually they asked to send amt to a upi id and once done, the freeze gets released.

prash1161

TF Ace
There is a court order recently asking banks not to freeze account... see article below. This happened quite a few times in Kerala last year and became big news. Only to find out that there were a few un-ethical ppl in cybrplc who played this game. eventually they asked to send amt to a upi id and once done, the freeze gets released.

they unfreezed acc but amt is holded 10k in idfc 5k in uco , but actual report was of 5k

prash1161

TF Ace

I received it in idfc

So the amount blocked should be 5000 but they blocked 5000 in uco because I sent my money to uco and then I sent to idfc so they blocked again 5000 in idfc

Idfc told me that hold is from cyber cell odisha and gave me a number I tried 10000 times but they never pickup my call.

Also called odisha cyber police got number from offical website, called 5/13 station in odisha and they were unable to get any info

Also got a frnd online he to visited nearby small police station they were also unable to find what's the issue is .

Nor idfc is contacting to cyber police who sent them the intimation to hold, police is also not contacting me to sort it out .

And uco is not even replying by any solution or anything from 2 months . Not even branch manager is helping even I have a good relationship. Also complaint on rbi portal still no response.

This issue is very serious in our country, police to block amount but there's no case or solution given.

After a day i reported it as a scam on cybercell mha portal your bank will keep 1l on hold and you will be in loss when u will try to reach cyber police at Max they will do is take 1l and say will unhold from your account.

I am seeking your helping to get justice. I agree at Max if 5000 is disputed hold that but I did internal transaction so why more 5+5k is holded .

Check this help

prash1161

TF Ace
I received it in idfc

@AlphaCAT @NShah @S S V @RAMESH BABU N

AlphaCAT

TF Ace
Contributor
Been in such situations multiple times when I used to do crypto P2P arbitrage. Despite having margins of 3-5% and earnings of around 12-15k per day , I had to leave it solely bcoz of fraudsters who filed fake cases and police ppl who were reluctant to do anything or were interested in collecting some settlement amount/bribe .

Got amount hold from Hyderabad, Mumbai, Guwahati and Udaipur !!

Cyber Cell ppl are too lazy with zero transparency. They are proactive in placing liens or block , but doesn’t bother afterwards !

prash1161

TF Ace
Been in such situations multiple times when I used to do crypto P2P arbitrage. Despite having margins of 3-5% and earnings of around 12-15k per day , I had to leave it solely bcoz of fraudsters who filed fake cases and police ppl who were reluctant to do anything or were interested in collecting some settlement amount/bribe .

Got amount hold from Hyderabad, Mumbai, Guwahati and Udaipur !!

Cyber Cell ppl are too lazy with zero transparency. They are proactive in placing liens or block , but doesn’t bother afterwards !
Bro now a days even they don't have to put a lein . If u do online report on particular transaction its like instant 1-2 hours.

Itsankurdas

TF Buzz
I received it in idfc

I received it in idfc

I received it in idfc

I am also facing similar issue. My mom received fund in her indusind bank savings account from a company branch X. Then my mom credited some of the funds to my idfc first bank account. But now both accounts are freezed. Hold amount is 16000 in both account. But my mom have rs68000 stuck in that freezed account and I had rs26000 stuck in my freezed account. So, total 94000 stuck in freezed accounts.

My mom account is at layer 4 of cyber crime and my account is at layer 5.

I never though receiving funds from a wallet company will drag me into this.

Please help!!

kushhh

TF Ace
I am also facing similar issue. My mom received fund in her indusind bank savings account from a company branch X. Then my mom credited some of the funds to my idfc first bank account. But now both accounts are freezed. Hold amount is 16000 in both account. But my mom have rs68000 stuck in that freezed account and I had rs26000 stuck in my freezed account. So, total 94000 stuck in freezed accounts.

My mom account is at layer 4 of cyber crime and my account is at layer 5.

I never though receiving funds from a wallet company will drag me into this.

Please help!!
Why did branchx put a hold ?

atx

TF Select
This service of getting amounts blocked is becoming a menace. Similar issue with me as well...

Some idiot lady transferred 36.8k by mistake in my ICICI account via UPI. No idea why she didn't see & verify the name before transferring. But upon realizing her mistake, she filed complaint at 1930 saying she was victim of fraud, and it got that 36.8k lien in my account, almost instantly, like maybe within an hour of txn.

But she wasn't probably satisfied with this, so she called her bank same day and filed another complaint with her bank, without informing them of the complain she already made to cyber cell, this time saying reason as 'mistaken txn', so her bank put a lien request to ICICI to block 36.8k in my account. And the king of ret@rds at ICICI put another block, without even checking if same complain already exists or not for that txn (same RRN).

The lady still wasn't satisfied maybe, so she yet again filed a manual complaint after 8 days at her nearest police station. Instead of redirecting her to cyber cell, they took the complaint and asked ICICI to put another block of 36.8k without checking for existing complaints on same txn!!!

So overall, I received 36.8k in my account, but ICICI blocked ~1.1L (36.8k x 3). All complaints have been made by same complainant, and have same RRN (txn number) in its description.

ICICI L1 & L2 customer care is a sham. When I escalated L1 complaint to L2, same person called me up who handled L1 complaint and said bank cannot do anything. And I'm not able to raise L3 complaint (to nodal officer) as the online complaint form on ICICI website throws a weird error asking to fill some 'feedback number', but there is no such field in the form. And complaining via email to headservicequality@icicibank.com is not generating any SR, and absolutely no response.

After relentless efforts with branch manager, I got one lien revoked (one which was raised by bank), but the other two with police orders are still in place. Branch manager also confirmed my doubt that if I give debit consent once, both amounts will be deducted as the debit confirmation will be against that particular RRN, which is most probably same in both complaints. I'm saying 'most probably' because that manual complaint is not even visible in ICICI system.

No idea what to do here. If anyone has got some higher level connections in ICICI who can atleast help see the complaint details, please DM me.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This service of getting amounts blocked is becoming a menace. Similar issue with me as well...

Some idiot lady transferred 36.8k by mistake in my ICICI account via UPI. No idea why she didn't see & verify the name before transferring. But upon realizing her mistake, she filed complaint at 1930 saying she was victim of fraud, and it got that 36.8k lien in my account, almost instantly, like maybe within an hour of txn.

But she wasn't probably satisfied with this, so she called her bank same day and filed another complaint with her bank, without informing them of the complain she already made to cyber cell, this time saying reason as 'mistaken txn', so her bank put a lien request to ICICI to block 36.8k in my account. And the king of ret@rds at ICICI put another block, without even checking if same complain already exists or not for that txn (same RRN).

The lady still wasn't satisfied maybe, so she yet again filed a manual complaint after 8 days at her nearest police station. Instead of redirecting her to cyber cell, they took the complaint and asked ICICI to put another block of 36.8k without checking for existing complaints on same txn!!!

So overall, I received 36.8k in my account, but ICICI blocked ~1.1L (36.8k x 3). All complaints have been made by same complainant, and have same RRN (txn number) in its description.

ICICI L1 & L2 customer care is a sham. When I escalated L1 complaint to L2, same person called me up who handled L1 complaint and said bank cannot do anything. And I'm not able to raise L3 complaint (to nodal officer) as the online complaint form on ICICI website throws a weird error asking to fill some 'feedback number', but there is no such field in the form. And complaining via email to headservicequality@icicibank.com is not generating any SR, and absolutely no response.

After relentless efforts with branch manager, I got one lien revoked (one which was raised by bank), but the other two with police orders are still in place. Branch manager also confirmed my doubt that if I give debit consent once, both amounts will be deducted as the debit confirmation will be against that particular RRN, which is most probably same in both complaints. I'm saying 'most probably' because that manual complaint is not even visible in ICICI system.

No idea what to do here. If anyone has got some higher level connections in ICICI who can atleast help see the complaint details, please DM me.
Try to get the contact of that lady.
Call her and ask to take back her complaints. and let her know if she doesn't do that. You will be lodging an FIR on her name under Defamation (Section 499 IPC), False Charge of Offence (Section 211 IPC), Criminal Intimidation (Section 506 IPC).
If she doesn't comply go the nearest police station and do the same.

Itsankurdas

TF Buzz
I received it in idfc

Did your problem solved? If yes, how did you solved it?

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Try to get the contact of that lady.
Call her and ask to take back her complaints. and let her know if she doesn't do that. You will be lodging an FIR on her name under Defamation (Section 499 IPC), False Charge of Offence (Section 211 IPC), Criminal Intimidation (Section 506 IPC).
If she doesn't comply go the nearest police station and do the same.
Mess with girls and ladies on ur own peril in todays times

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge