• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amount held on lein in IDFC savings account

prash1161

TF Ace
So issue is disputed amount received by me is 5000
I received it in idfc
And nothing happened I was unaware that it is scammed amount or anything
Then I transferred 14k for some thing to uco and then again uco to idfc

So the amount blocked should be 5000 but they blocked 5000 in uco because I sent my money to uco and then I sent to idfc so they blocked again 5000 in idfc

Idfc told me that hold is from cyber cell odisha and gave me a number I tried 10000 times but they never pickup my call.

Also called odisha cyber police got number from offical website, called 5/13 station in odisha and they were unable to get any info

Also got a frnd online he to visited nearby small police station they were also unable to find what's the issue is .

Nor idfc is contacting to cyber police who sent them the intimation to hold, police is also not contacting me to sort it out .

And uco is not even replying by any solution or anything from 2 months . Not even branch manager is helping even I have a good relationship. Also complaint on rbi portal still no response.

For 5000 my 15000 (5+5 in idfc 5 in uco ) is blocked .

This issue is very serious in our country, police to block amount but there's no case or solution given.

For example you are a shopkeeper and I sent you 1l for goods
After a day i reported it as a scam on cybercell mha portal your bank will keep 1l on hold and you will be in loss when u will try to reach cyber police at Max they will do is take 1l and say will unhold from your account.

Government is not taking any action at all nor banks are interested.

I am seeking your helping to get justice. I agree at Max if 5000 is disputed hold that but I did internal transaction so why more 5+5k is holded .

And also why 5000 is holded what's issue no intimation.

Last edited:

Trust Me

TF Ace
have been trying to write to pno since Jan 25, no response at all, nil.
sending email to them isn't even generating any SR# weirdly, no auto generated acknowledgement even!

One thing I don't understand. Isn't it the Bank's responsibility to cross check the transaction reference number before a lien is placed on some disputed amount ?! If they had frozen an identical amount multiple times, the Bank should be asked to produce the reference number(s), and to explain why they had blocked a given amount multiple times for the same transaction number. There has got to be some rule against blocking a certain amount multiple times for the same transaction irrespective of how many different sources have originated complaints independently.

If there is no satisfactory response or no response at all, the Bank can be complained against to the RBI Ombudsman for deficiency in service and a large sum could be asked for as compensation for mental harrassment. If the ball is in the RBI's court, the Bank officials just cannot afford to keep on ignoring your complaints.

atx

TF Select
One thing I don't understand. Isn't it the Bank's responsibility to cross check the transaction reference number before a lien is placed on some disputed amount ?! If they had frozen an identical amount multiple times, the Bank should be asked to produce the reference number(s), and to explain why they had blocked a given amount multiple times for the same transaction number. There has got to be some rule against blocking a certain amount multiple times for the same transaction irrespective of how many different sources have originated complaints independently.

If there is no satisfactory response or no response at all, the Bank can be complained against to the RBI Ombudsman for deficiency in service and a large sum could be asked for as compensation for mental harrassment. If the ball is in the RBI's court, the Bank officials just cannot afford to keep on ignoring your complaints.
Exactly! It should've been the bank's responsibility to not have multiple blocks for same txn, given a similar complaint already exists. But I think these lazy bums choose the easy way, as it isn't their money getting blocked afterall.

amitkumar759875

TF Select

Exactly it should be the banks responsibility to check the transaction, than transferring it to the police station. There should be a process to reverse the transaction if done wrongfully.

Trust Me

TF Ace
Exactly! It should've been the bank's responsibility to not have multiple blocks for same txn, given a similar complaint already exists. But I think these lazy bums choose the easy way, as it isn't their money getting blocked afterall.

So, unless they are taught a lesson through a strong reprimand from the RBI, they will feel free to keep on doing this!

Trust Me

TF Ace
We can't do anything, and RBI says it's on discretion with the bank.

Where does RBI say that putting multiple liens on identical amounts based on a single transaction is on the discretion of the Bank ?!!! --- Or is it all just speculation ?!

Just think, -- if it were indeed so, the whole nation could potentially be held to a ransom just by bringing a multitude of false allegations of fraud from multiple sources against anybody and everybody based on single transactions, -- and thereby freezing the whole amount in any given bank account indefinitely, subject to investigations spanning lifetimes, given the prevailing condition of the judicial system in the country!

--- So, as I said, there has got to exist preventive rules already for protection against such scenarios. So why not ask for help from the RBI ?!

amitkumar759875

TF Select
Where does RBI say that putting multiple liens on identical amounts based on a single transaction is on the discretion of the Bank ?!!! --- Or is it all just speculation ?!

Just think, -- if it were indeed so, the whole nation could potentially be held to a ransom just by bringing a multitude of false allegations of fraud from multiple sources against anybody and everybody based on single transactions, -- and thereby freezing the whole amount in any given bank account indefinitely, subject to investigations spanning lifetimes, given the prevailing condition of the judicial system in the country!

--- So, as I said, there has got to exist preventive rules already for protection against such scenarios. So why not ask for help from the RBI ?!
You can ask help from RBI, for removing the lien amount if it is not sent to cyber cell or any police station. This is way how the law system works in India. It is on the discretion of the bank to put lien or freezes, we can speed up the process by complaining about the branch to RBI.

iampqq

TF Premier
Yeah I know bro, but how to convince police of this scam when they hardly want to act? I went to police station, they didn't say it in exact words but implied I'm hallucinating thinking this as a scam. Instead of checking complaints, they asked me to talk to the concerned SHO (of the police station where complaint was filed). I contacted that SHO (got his number & details from one of the complaints), and he asked me to meet him in person at his station, in a town near Jhansi, with all my documents, statements, etc. And I live in Pune, around 1000 kms away.

I was having lunch in my office at the time of the disputed txn, got an incoming txn msg and suddenly I've to run post to pillars to unblock my personal money! No way I'm going to a different city and all that when the complainant can just sit in her home and wait.
This thread was opened my be my alt I'd forgot password and email to😂

So what you can do is nothing
Because police didn't take action just put lein and sleep

I have 3 lein on same noone helped
Maine tho idfc ke head office Mai bamboo dala tha . Fir bhi bole police sa hua h so we can't do anything. Police ke pas jao tho bolte jo state Mai hua hai yaha jao. Vo state ki police ko call karta tho bolte hamme nhi pata ye number sa dikh nhi Raha . Kare tho kare kya