• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amount held on lein in IDFC savings account

prash1161

TF Ace
So issue is disputed amount received by me is 5000
I received it in idfc
And nothing happened I was unaware that it is scammed amount or anything
Then I transferred 14k for some thing to uco and then again uco to idfc

So the amount blocked should be 5000 but they blocked 5000 in uco because I sent my money to uco and then I sent to idfc so they blocked again 5000 in idfc

Idfc told me that hold is from cyber cell odisha and gave me a number I tried 10000 times but they never pickup my call.

Also called odisha cyber police got number from offical website, called 5/13 station in odisha and they were unable to get any info

Also got a frnd online he to visited nearby small police station they were also unable to find what's the issue is .

Nor idfc is contacting to cyber police who sent them the intimation to hold, police is also not contacting me to sort it out .

And uco is not even replying by any solution or anything from 2 months . Not even branch manager is helping even I have a good relationship. Also complaint on rbi portal still no response.

For 5000 my 15000 (5+5 in idfc 5 in uco ) is blocked .

This issue is very serious in our country, police to block amount but there's no case or solution given.

For example you are a shopkeeper and I sent you 1l for goods
After a day i reported it as a scam on cybercell mha portal your bank will keep 1l on hold and you will be in loss when u will try to reach cyber police at Max they will do is take 1l and say will unhold from your account.

Government is not taking any action at all nor banks are interested.

I am seeking your helping to get justice. I agree at Max if 5000 is disputed hold that but I did internal transaction so why more 5+5k is holded .

And also why 5000 is holded what's issue no intimation.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Is this a new organised racket

Best advice is to not have UPI for primary bank account . Is there any way we can stop incoming online transfer from unknown account in our bank account ?

True .
That's why using rupay UPI

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
This service of getting amounts blocked is becoming a menace. Similar issue with me as well...

Some idiot lady transferred 36.8k by mistake in my ICICI account via UPI. No idea why she didn't see & verify the name before transferring. But upon realizing her mistake, she filed complaint at 1930 saying she was victim of fraud, and it got that 36.8k lien in my account, almost instantly, like maybe within an hour of txn.

But she wasn't probably satisfied with this, so she called her bank same day and filed another complaint with her bank, without informing them of the complain she already made to cyber cell, this time saying reason as 'mistaken txn', so her bank put a lien request to ICICI to block 36.8k in my account. And the king of ret@rds at ICICI put another block, without even checking if same complain already exists or not for that txn (same RRN).

The lady still wasn't satisfied maybe, so she yet again filed a manual complaint after 8 days at her nearest police station. Instead of redirecting her to cyber cell, they took the complaint and asked ICICI to put another block of 36.8k without checking for existing complaints on same txn!!!

So overall, I received 36.8k in my account, but ICICI blocked ~1.1L (36.8k x 3). All complaints have been made by same complainant, and have same RRN (txn number) in its description.

ICICI L1 & L2 customer care is a sham. When I escalated L1 complaint to L2, same person called me up who handled L1 complaint and said bank cannot do anything. And I'm not able to raise L3 complaint (to nodal officer) as the online complaint form on ICICI website throws a weird error asking to fill some 'feedback number', but there is no such field in the form. And complaining via email to headservicequality@icicibank.com is not generating any SR, and absolutely no response.

After relentless efforts with branch manager, I got one lien revoked (one which was raised by bank), but the other two with police orders are still in place. Branch manager also confirmed my doubt that if I give debit consent once, both amounts will be deducted as the debit confirmation will be against that particular RRN, which is most probably same in both complaints. I'm saying 'most probably' because that manual complaint is not even visible in ICICI system.

No idea what to do here. If anyone has got some higher level connections in ICICI who can atleast help see the complaint details, please DM me.
Your UPI ID is your Mobile Number at which she sent the Amount ?

If yes then why she did not called you for reversal instead of raising the mutilple Complaints🤦‍♂️

Her UPI ID is also visible to you, if it is Mobile Number directly Call Her.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
This service of getting amounts blocked is becoming a menace. Similar issue with me as well...

Some idiot lady transferred 36.8k by mistake in my ICICI account via UPI. No idea why she didn't see & verify the name before transferring. But upon realizing her mistake, she filed complaint at 1930 saying she was victim of fraud, and it got that 36.8k lien in my account, almost instantly, like maybe within an hour of txn.

But she wasn't probably satisfied with this, so she called her bank same day and filed another complaint with her bank, without informing them of the complain she already made to cyber cell, this time saying reason as 'mistaken txn', so her bank put a lien request to ICICI to block 36.8k in my account. And the king of ret@rds at ICICI put another block, without even checking if same complain already exists or not for that txn (same RRN).

The lady still wasn't satisfied maybe, so she yet again filed a manual complaint after 8 days at her nearest police station. Instead of redirecting her to cyber cell, they took the complaint and asked ICICI to put another block of 36.8k without checking for existing complaints on same txn!!!

So overall, I received 36.8k in my account, but ICICI blocked ~1.1L (36.8k x 3). All complaints have been made by same complainant, and have same RRN (txn number) in its description.

ICICI L1 & L2 customer care is a sham. When I escalated L1 complaint to L2, same person called me up who handled L1 complaint and said bank cannot do anything. And I'm not able to raise L3 complaint (to nodal officer) as the online complaint form on ICICI website throws a weird error asking to fill some 'feedback number', but there is no such field in the form. And complaining via email to headservicequality@icicibank.com is not generating any SR, and absolutely no response.

After relentless efforts with branch manager, I got one lien revoked (one which was raised by bank), but the other two with police orders are still in place. Branch manager also confirmed my doubt that if I give debit consent once, both amounts will be deducted as the debit confirmation will be against that particular RRN, which is most probably same in both complaints. I'm saying 'most probably' because that manual complaint is not even visible in ICICI system.

No idea what to do here. If anyone has got some higher level connections in ICICI who can atleast help see the complaint details, please DM me.
download.jpeg

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

You complaint against her for fraud too & mental harrasment.
State that she wrongfully transferred amount and now harrasment as your account has been marked freeze ..
If there is no relationship pior to this incident to that lady .u should counter claim
At cyber security & police

Don't act like u didn't do anything & u are innocent
act like u have been victim of fraud by lady as your money is stuck which u have saved for major investment in Stock and now because of her it's missed and ask for compensation

don't go slow .
do police compliant & also try to get together with the lady ( by contact or by calling police station at which complaint was filed) they must have the number/ contact .

once your money problem get resolved..
Fugg her back for harrasment and false complaint.

atx

TF Select
@atx it might not be an innocent mistake from her side. this is becoming a good way to earn good money.
Yeah I know bro, but how to convince police of this scam when they hardly want to act? I went to police station, they didn't say it in exact words but implied I'm hallucinating thinking this as a scam. Instead of checking complaints, they asked me to talk to the concerned SHO (of the police station where complaint was filed). I contacted that SHO (got his number & details from one of the complaints), and he asked me to meet him in person at his station, in a town near Jhansi, with all my documents, statements, etc. And I live in Pune, around 1000 kms away.

I was having lunch in my office at the time of the disputed txn, got an incoming txn msg and suddenly I've to run post to pillars to unblock my personal money! No way I'm going to a different city and all that when the complainant can just sit in her home and wait.

atx

TF Select
Your UPI ID is your Mobile Number at which she sent the Amount ?

If yes then why she did not called you for reversal instead of raising the mutilple Complaints🤦‍♂️

Her UPI ID is also visible to you, if it is Mobile Number directly Call Her.
I've 2 UPI IDs associated with my ICICI account, one is the mobile no & other is custom one. But I'm not able to check on which ID I rcvd that amount, neither in txn history nor in the txn SMS. Just that account was credit by that person (name, not her UPI ID) & txn ref no.

And that's the thing, nobody has called me regarding any of these complaints till date. Not that lady, nor cyber cell, nor the police station, not even my bank that a lien has been raised or a police complaint has been filed or whatever. No communication at all. The only communication I rcvd was an SMS from ICICI that a lien of that amount has been raised, that's it. It didn't even say it was due to a police complaint.

I have her mobile no, from the complaint copy that ICICI bank gave me, but I'm deliberately refraining from establishing any sort of contact with her directly. No idea tomorrow if she would want to expedite her case, she'll go to police & tell that I called her and threatened to take back case. Till now in police systems, only a 'fraud' tag is attached to my name (as complaint to 1930 is for cyber frauds), don't want it to promote to 'uthaaigira' as well. :(

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I've 2 UPI IDs associated with my ICICI account, one is the mobile no & other is custom one. But I'm not able to check on which ID I rcvd that amount, neither in txn history nor in the txn SMS. Just that account was credit by that person (name, not her UPI ID) & txn ref no.

And that's the thing, nobody has called me regarding any of these complaints till date. Not that lady, nor cyber cell, nor the police station, not even my bank that a lien has been raised or a police complaint has been filed or whatever. No communication at all. The only communication I rcvd was an SMS from ICICI that a lien of that amount has been raised, that's it. It didn't even say it was due to a police complaint.

I have her mobile no, from the complaint copy that ICICI bank gave me, but I'm deliberately refraining from establishing any sort of contact with her directly. No idea tomorrow if she would want to expedite her case, she'll go to police & tell that I called her and threatened to take back case. Till now in police systems, only a 'fraud' tag is attached to my name (as complaint to 1930 is for cyber frauds), don't want it to promote to 'uthaaigira' as well. :(
Call while recording yourself in camera .

Talking directly makes much sense

atx

TF Select
You complaint against her for fraud too & mental harrasment.
State that she wrongfully transferred amount and now harrasment as your account has been marked freeze ..
If there is no relationship pior to this incident to that lady .u should counter claim
At cyber security & police

Don't act like u didn't do anything & u are innocent
act like u have been victim of fraud by lady as your money is stuck which u have saved for major investment in Stock and now because of her it's missed and ask for compensation

don't go slow .
do police compliant & also try to get together with the lady ( by contact or by calling police station at which complaint was filed) they must have the number/ contact .

once your money problem get resolved..
Fugg her back for harrasment and false complaint.
I went to file a counter complaint, local police suggested I'm hallucinating. They just said one thing to me, that if a lien/freeze is raised by any police station, then unless judiciary is involved, only that police station can reverse it, either by cancelling it or generating a NOC, so go talk to that police station. And the cyber cell dude at that police station (Jhansi), wants me to 'present myself' (exact words: aap yaha haazir hoye) with all my documents, statements, etc, as if Jhansi is in my baaju vaali gali.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I went to file a counter complaint, local police suggested I'm hallucinating. They just said one thing to me, that if a lien/freeze is raised by any police station, then unless judiciary is involved, only that police station can reverse it, either by cancelling it or generating a NOC, so go talk to that police station. And the cyber cell dude at that police station (Jhansi), wants me to 'present myself' (exact words: aap yaha haazir hoye) with all my documents, statements, etc, as if Jhansi is in my baaju vaali gali.
If police is non compliant.

Register case in court via online forum in consumer court

varun__goel_

TF Legend
I think you should contact a lawyer at this point

Our mate @BugsBunny left the forum, otherwise he might have helped....

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
here's a suggestion. send some 100 rs to her account & raise fraud complaint from 3 places as she did (just to get sweet revenge).

on a serious note, i think you should write to pno of icici bank & if you dont receive a satisfactory response, raise compaint to rbi bo.

atx

TF Select
here's a suggestion. send some 100 rs to her account & raise fraud complaint from 3 places as she did (just to get sweet revenge).

on a serious note, i think you should write to pno of icici bank & if you dont receive a satisfactory response, raise compaint to rbi bo.
have been trying to write to pno since Jan 25, no response at all, nil.
sending email to them isn't even generating any SR# weirdly, no auto generated acknowledgement even!