• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any one used airport arrival lounges using credit or debit cards?

There are many lounges which are on arrival (pre security/landside area), some on top of my mind are Pune (Bird Lounge), Bhubaneswar (Bird lounge)
Mumbai (Aviserv Lounge), Delhi (Plaza Premium T1,T3)

Note - some of the lounges I have used, over the last 10+ years, there was one lounge in chennai I used for almost 8 hours during layover using 3 swipe on PP card, after COVID, with no flights, a lot of lounges are closed temporarily/permanently.

There are many lounges which are on arrival (pre security/landside area), some on top of my mind are Pune (Bird Lounge), Bhubaneswar (Bird lounge)

Note - some of the lounges I have used, over the last 10+ years, there was one lounge in chennai I used for almost 8 hours during layover using 3 swipe on PP card, after COVID, with no flights, a lot of lounges are closed temporarily/permanently.
Thanks man 😄

does arrival lounge also have food?

Yes, food and all the same facility.

It is same as any other lounge. The only difference is location
Arrival lounge are generally located before immigration & security area (before departure).

Mumbai (Aviserv Lounge) - T1? Never seen or heard.

Can we just use it post arrival and leave airport? Or only when next connecting flight?

Aviserv is very much there, you can find in Google/trip advisor reviews

Most Landside/Arrival lounge will ask for boarding pass/ticket (if check-in is not done)
You can use it for departure or before the connecting flight

Tip - if some is having too much time, one can do 2 airport lounge on same day using (Landside/Arrival lounge) and other one after security.

It's given as perceived valued. In 2-3 years, except super premium. most card will have limit of max 2 times per year access on card. And some will start charging it

Best for international travel, if someone enjoys good wine, enjoy couple of small rounds and then go to flight and sleep :)

On a side note only 😅

Aviserv is very much there, you can find in Google/trip advisor reviews

Most Landside/Arrival lounge will ask for boarding pass/ticket (if check-in is not done)
You can use it for departure or before the connecting flight

Tip - if some is having too much time, one can do 2 airport lounge on same day using (Landside/Arrival lounge) and other one after security.
So need a departure ticket only? Then it's same as departure lounge only, as it can't be used on arrival. Only difference is location being before security.

Yes, you will need ticket/boarding pass.
However some lounges may allow you on arrival too (just try your luck 😅)

There are few cases why these arrival lounge are setup

1. Layover passenger
2. Check-in is not opened but your departure flight is on same day say 5-6 hours later
3. Family/friends reaching airport together, but have different flights
4. Lounge after security may not access on the card/pp, but eligible for arrival/Landside lounge

True, I went for first to lounge using my Millennia DC. I felt it was overrated.

Just that it'll be helpful for someone who has long layovers etc. Otherwise it's just a complimentary feature with some minimal benefits. But yes, a good 'free' feature to have nonetheless.
I look at it differently.

Yes, they are crowded because of easy access but it saves money specially if you are planning to have a meal at the ariport. My recent travel between Mumbai to Hyderabad, my flight timings were such that I had to have breakfast on Mumbai Airport and Dinner on Hyderabad Airport while return. This was a family travel with 5 Adults & 1 Child.

Was able to get access to all using Credit Cards and PP. Even if I consider 400 bucks per person per meal, that's about 5000 Bucks saved. Add to it, one of the Lounge was the Mumbai Airport Amex Lounge. So hot made-to-order Breakfast, Fruit Juices etc. Had the option of Liqour too but cant do that at 9 in the morning :p

t3 delhi arrival wont allow for arrival flights ? i mean why they need only money nah thorugh swipe also its restricted to top cards like pp etc

Back