• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any one with HDFC Biz Black Metal Card?

I think there are reels going viral regarding the Biz Black CC. For sure HDFC is going to make it super difficult to get this card now. There is no way they can sustain giving 3.33% unlimited base returns on something like tax payment, these rewards will definitely be loss making for them.

Question: If I have HDFC Diners Black as LTF and want Biz Black for business expenses (ITR 23L), will they cancel my individual DB LTF and issue BizBlack? does any one have DB LTF + Biz Black?
Mine was same case, with DCB. They asked me to close that, as they won't allow you to get this issued with another core card. If you had Infinia, then possibly you could have got BizBlack as floater.
reason for planning to get Biz Black is my accountant wants me to either reduce credit card usage or have dedicated card for business expenses.
Annual spend : about 10L (on all cards HDFC DCB, SBI 5% CB, Tata Nue and some other rarely used) + 4.5L tax payment (not sure if it counts towards fee waiver limit).
In your case, IMHO, it probably won't be of much value. You won't be eligible for fee waiver with 4.5L spend (7.5L required). And to get max benefit of even that 4.5L tax payment, you would need to stagger it as 50K*9 (over 9 months, which I guess would result in missed deadline). Too much hassle!

I think there are reels going viral regarding the Biz Black CC. For sure HDFC is going to make it super difficult to get this card now. There is no way they can sustain giving 3.33% unlimited base returns on something like tax payment, these rewards will definitely be loss making for them.
I agree that the returns are very good but I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. At most you can possibly expect a devaluation a year or so from now but it will still seem profitable enough to a cardholder.

There is a 0.8% surcharge you pay on tax payments via CC. So, HDFC is getting a cut there. The 3.33-16.67% returns are as reward points which people are expected to redeem on SmartBuy for flights / hotels. There again HDFC has a good fat cut. HDFC is not issuing these cards anyone and everyone who applies after getting inspired by those influencers. They look at the portfolio and then issue them. They are a company and companies exist on one simple principle - make profits within the confines of law.

It is billing cycle as mentioned in the website..
If the billing cycle is on 15th and you make a tx on 15th, it should count towards the next billing cycle, correct? Asking since 15th is the advance tax deadline.

It is surprising that HDFC uses calendar month for Infinia but billing cycle for BizBlack! Even some other limits on BizBlack are as per calendar month!

Last edited:
Team,

I'm salaried, but also have a rental income on which I pay gst (around 52K) and file returns and also pay advance tax(75k to 100k) every quarter for total income. Only 25% of my annual income is salaried while rest is rental income. I

I have HDFC Infinia, Tata Neu Rupay and Swiggy card (took in July 24). All share a combined limit of 15L.

Am interested in Biz Black card and tried to apply online initially and it showed a message that I recently applied for a card. Assuming it's Swiggy card, how long should I wait before trying again. Later approached my branch manager.

He contacted someone from cards dept and I was informed that I can get Biz black with shared/combined limit with Infinia. But when I informed that I already have 3 cards, he said that I can't get another card as there is a restriction of 3 cards. I informed him that I'm ready to close/cancel Swiggy card if required.

Later the credit card person informed that if my wife has account in hdfc, he will try to get biz black on her name. Am not quite sure, if it's primary card on her name and addon card on my name OR just a biz black addon card for my Infinia primary card. He mentioned as addon card. He said he will first get approval and then can apply. Waiting for that now.

Which would be a better option. Am I eligible for Biz Black Card. If yes, apply on my name or on my wife's name. Your thoughts are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Team,

I'm salaried, but also have a rental income on which I pay gst (around 52K) and file returns and also pay advance tax(75k to 100k) every quarter for total income. Only 25% of my annual income is salaried while rest is rental income. I

I have HDFC Infinia, Tata Neu Rupay and Swiggy card (took in July 24). All share a combined limit of 15L.

Am interested in Biz Black card and tried to apply online initially and it showed a message that I recently applied for a card. Assuming it's Swiggy card, how long should I wait before trying again. Later approached my branch manager.

He contacted someone from cards dept and I was informed that I can get Biz black with shared/combined limit with Infinia. But when I informed that I already have 3 cards, he said that I can't get another card as there is a restriction of 3 cards. I informed him that I'm ready to close/cancel Swiggy card if required.

Later the credit card person informed that if my wife has account in hdfc, he will try to get biz black on her name. Am not quite sure, if it's primary card on her name and addon card on my name OR just a biz black addon card for my Infinia primary card. He mentioned as addon card. He said he will first get approval and then can apply. Waiting for that now.

Which would be a better option. Am I eligible for Biz Black Card. If yes, apply on my name or on my wife's name. Your thoughts are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
No. not possible to have to wait for 6 months and then apply, and also once you have closed 3rd card, you have to wait for 1 month for the NOC received and then you can go with floater but nevertheless 6 months, you have to wait for applying any new card cannot be done immediately.

Team,

Thanks in advance.
First of all, there is no hard limit of 3 cards in HDFC. You should not have informed them yourself, they are always looking for reasons to not give the BizBlack card. Just ask your bank RM to send your application form to credit card department for processing.

Team,

Thanks in advance.
HDFC is non transparent. It is interesting because they play these cheap tricks with customer from all around India, so its either part of their training or the organisational culture has gone to the dump.
It could be similar for other banks, but HDFC is standing out.

Simply ask your RM for BizBlack as a floater of Infinia and you will get it easily.

Later the credit card person informed that if my wife has account in hdfc, he will try to get biz black on her name
Maybe they might try something for approval if not already eligible, but as they are already making things up about the 3 card rule, and by not denying it, I don;t think they would have helped much.

Also there is no need to open HDFC account to get the card (even for Infinia or BizBlack).
BizBlack is available via online application already which proves no such requirement. Whether one gets it is different, as this is only about requirements.

And for Infinia, even though it is supposedly an invitation based card, but few here have reported getting it without any prior relationship and Infinia being the only relationship. This means the credit card team can apply the card for the customer (maybe application from CC team could be an invitation too).
These sees like a cheap tactic by the bank as usually we encounter the account guys instead of credit card guys and whenever an RM connects with CC person, words have already been "handled".

Its rare to get in contact with a HDFC CC guy or sales manager and who can even work things out.

Back