• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone opened BOB BRO Account recently?

Ecoli8

TF Buzz
Dear TFFam,
Anyone opened the newly launched BOB BRO account recently? The account has many free perks and definitely features as a lucrative offer for students.
However though they said free Rupay Platinum DC for life, still charged a issuance charges of ₹354. Currently having a dispute with their grievance cell. Anybody here faced the same situation?

I opened it online so after 3 days I automatically got a mail that INB has been activated on my account.

For accounts opened through branch I guess you need to submit the INB activation form to branch after account creation because my mother opened a account through branch and after repeatedly telling the official to activate inb during account opening process, it did not got activated.
I see. Your account is BRO and your mom's is Lite, right?

And, did you experience any issues opening it online? And did you have to visit branch for KYC or anything else after opening your account online?

I see. Your account is BRO and your mom's is Lite, right?

And, did you experience any issues opening it online? And did you have to visit branch for KYC or anything else after opening your account online?
No her's is Advantage SBGEN. (will be closing it in near future and open lite account for her.)

The Online Process was buttery smooth. No the KYC verification happens during VKYC via XML so if aadhar servers are down during VKYC that could be a issue as OTP will arrive late (happened with me). No physical visit required for KYC.

No her's is Advantage SBGEN. (will be closing it in near future and open lite account for her.)

The Online Process was buttery smooth. No the KYC verification happens during VKYC via XML so if aadhar servers are down during VKYC that could be a issue as OTP will arrive late (happened with me). No physical visit required for KYC.
I just checked their website carefully. BOB Lite account has no mention of whether the Issuance Fees of ₹354 for their RuPay Platinum Debit Card would be levied or not. Any idea about that?

I just checked their website carefully. BOB Lite account has no mention of whether the Issuance Fees of ₹354 for their RuPay Platinum Debit Card would be levied or not. Any idea about that?
The issuance charge is nil in bob lite if you maintain 3k qab as confirmed to me by fellow members holding this account.

Also I went to the branch today to get a rupay select dc for my account. I asked them your query and they also confirmed no issuance charge and amc in lite if 3k is maintained.

The issuance charge is nil in bob lite if you maintain 3k qab as confirmed to me by fellow members holding this account.

Also I went to the branch today to get a rupay select dc for my account. I asked them your query and they also confirmed no issuance charge and amc in lite if 3k is maintained.
Thanks a lot for answering my queries, Ritwik! You're superb! Will open a Lite account for him online today then. 😊

Thanks a lot for answering my queries, Ritwik! You're superb! Will open a Lite account for him online today then. 😊
you're welcome.

so you r saying that you can get rupay select for free with BOB BRO?
when did I say that ? I told I just went to get a rsdc for my account. (only RPDC has NIL issuance in BRO. AMC is there for RPDC and as of now only RPDC is issued to this scheme code)

so you r saying that you can get rupay select for free with BOB BRO?
I currently have 2 bob accounts - Advantage (jointly holding) and BRO.
For BRO the system threw an error saying "Rupay Select Debit Card cannot be issued to this scheme code".
The branch official told to submit the application form for my advantage account and they will issue it for my advantage account.
For BRO I showed them the RTI mentioning any any savings account can get the RSDC (hope you saw that RTI) and after checking it BM took a complaint.

Last edited:
I got my vkyc completion mail at 03:34pm and got a SMS that included account number with CIF at 5:12pm
I got only one email so far, which was to verify the email address, which I already verified.

Didn't receive any email thereafter, not even for vKYC. And after vKYC was completed, received only an SMS confirmation. No emails again. Checked spam folder; not there too.

I got only one email so far, which was to verify the email address, which I already verified.

Didn't receive any email thereafter, not even for vKYC. And after vKYC was completed, received only an SMS confirmation. No emails again. Checked spam folder; not there too.
I also got a sms at the same timestamp along with the mail stating VKYC is completed and account will be opened shortly.

I would request you to wait for 2-3 hours hopefully the account information will be intimidated to the registered mob no

Also at night check in BHIM if account coming or not.

I also got a sms at the same timestamp along with the mail stating VKYC is completed and account will be opened shortly.

I would request you to wait for 2-3 hours hopefully the account information will be intimidated to the registered mob no

Also at night check in BHIM if account coming or not.
Thank you, my brother's BOB Lite account has been opened successfully! :D

The emails were delivered late by one hour, whereas the SMS were on time. I checked the email headers to see the original send time and they matched with the SMS send time.

Anyway, if anyone else is interested, here's the timeline:
  1. 3:17 PM: Video KYC Completed. Got SMS and email that mentioned:
    "The process of V-KYC is initiated and after verification of details submitted by you, the account would be opened. Please use 202407xxxxxxxxxxxxx as the URN for all communication with the Bank."
  2. 3:43 PM: Got the SMS and email: "The process of V-KYC is completed and your account would be opened shortly. After successful opening of the account, you would be receiving an intimation from us in SMS /E-mail."
  3. 6:01 PM: Got the SMS with successful account creation confirmation, and a PDF file on email with the account and CIF details.

I am thinking to open the same for me too, since it looks like a no-frills zero balance account. :D

@ritwik2000 how long it took you to get the netbanking credentials?

I was trying to set up UPI PIN, but strangely there is no option to set UPI PIN with Aadhaar authentication. Only debit card authentication is present. 😶

And the debit card is supposed to arrive late.
Strange I did mine using Aadhar few months back.

Here is a workaround for this - login into bobworld app -> cards -> apply for virtual debit card -> click on select card variant -> select Rupay Platinum virtual. Once you get the virtual card details use it to generate UPI PIN.

Strange I did mine using Aadhar.
Apparently, Bank of Baroda has removed the Aadhaar authentication method to set/reset UPI PIN. I confirmed it from many recent YouTube comments and 𝕏 posts. Most complaints were since June. So, they might have removed it last month.

You can even try to reset your UPI PIN yourself (You can always cancel this operation any time) and check whether the Aadhaar authentication option appears or not.

Apparently, Bank of Baroda has removed the Aadhaar authentication method to set/reset UPI PIN. I confirmed it from many recent YouTube comments and 𝕏 posts. Most complaints were since June. So, they might have removed it last month.

You can even try to reset your UPI PIN yourself (You can always cancel this operation any time) and check whether the Aadhaar authentication option appears or not.
Ya I checked, it's removed.

Tried to reset UPI PIN using Virtual DC and it worked flawlessly. You can ask your brother to try it once.

Back