• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone opened BOB BRO Account recently?

Ecoli8

TF Buzz
Dear TFFam,
Anyone opened the newly launched BOB BRO account recently? The account has many free perks and definitely features as a lucrative offer for students.
However though they said free Rupay Platinum DC for life, still charged a issuance charges of ₹354. Currently having a dispute with their grievance cell. Anybody here faced the same situation?

Please tel me that is there any proof needed for proving as a student while opening the bob BRO account through online/offline??
No, no proof is needed to prove what you do for opening a Savings account in any bank. However, while my brother was opening the BOB Lite account, the "Student" option was not present there. I had to choose "Others" instead. I have no idea if they show a different set of options in the dropdown for other Savings account variants.

When I tried to open the bob BRO account for my brother online for minor (17age), system still asking to enter pan card number. It is showing the kyc as PANCARD if we select " are you an NRI. What to do?
Since your brother is about to turn 18 next year, I recommend you to open the bank account as well as the PAN card when he does.

Getting a new PAN card takes less than 10 days. That said, I recommend him to get the PAN card only after he turns 18, since if you create one for him now, he would have to re-order the PAN again next year, as a minor's PAN has no photo and the signature is that of his parents.

Also, for the bank accounts, BOB might have transactional restrictions for minors. And you might have to get the "Minor" flag removed from the bank account after he turns 18 by visiting the branch. It's not worth the hassles. Get it done next year.

Last edited:
No, no proof is needed to prove what you do for opening a Savings account in any bank. However, while my brother was opening the BOB Lite account, the "Student" option was not present there. I had to choose "Others" instead. I have no idea if they show a different set of options in the dropdown for other Savings account variants.

Since your brother is about to turn 18 next year, I recommendth you to open the bank account as well as the PAN card when he does.

Getting a new PAN card takes less than 10 days. That said, I recommend him to get the PAN card only after he turns 18, since if you create one for him now, he would have to re-order the PAN again next year, as a minor's PAN has no photo and the signature is that of his parents.

Also, for the bank accounts, BOB might have transactional restrictions for minors. And you might have to get the "Minor" flag removed from the bank account after he turns 18 by visiting the branch. It's not worth the hassles. Get it done next year.
Ok bro. May i know minor flag restrictions get removed automatically when he turns 18?

I contacted customer care they informed me that pancard is mandatory to open bob Bro through digitally
yes it is mandatory online as well as offline if they open it through tab banking.

Manually through physical form it can be opened through Form60 but again accounts opened through form60 has its limitations.

Since he is 17 I don't think apart from form60 restrictions there will be any other restrictions.

Damn, in order to activate the bob World app, I need the physical debit card, too. Can't set it up otherwise. It seems I have no other option but to wait until it is delivered. 🤔
Here are the steps to activate bobworld through INB - login into INB -> Hover to SERVICES tab -> Select Mobile Banking -> Click on Registration -> Now from thereon follow the appropiate instructions.

You will get a activation key via sms. Use that to register in BOBWorld.

Here is a yt video explaining the process - link

Last edited:
My brother just got the Welcome kit from Bank of Baroda for his new BOB Lite account, which was dispatched by Speed Post from Manipal, Karnataka on 29th July, and I received it today, 31st July, in Kolkata. Really impressive speed! (The account was created online in the eve of 25th July, so the overall speed is really impressive!) 😀

The Welcome Kit contains the RuPay Platinum Debit Card, chequebook, and some useless documents which could have been a single sheet with a link to those articles. There was no passbook inside.

My brother just got the Welcome kit from Bank of Baroda for his new BOB Lite account, which was dispatched by Speed Post from Manipal, Karnataka on 29th July, and I received it today, 31st July, in Kolkata. Really impressive speed! (The account was created online in the eve of 25th July, so the overall speed is really impressive!) 😀

The Welcome Kit contains the RuPay Platinum Debit Card, chequebook, and some useless documents which could have been a single sheet with a link to those articles. There was no passbook inside.
Awesome news.

He can collect the passbook from the home branch by quoting the account number and original KYC documents.

The cheque book and Atm cards are having your name?? I mean both are personalized/ non-personalised?

I think someone needs to file an RTI seeking information regarding whether existing customers of BOB can open BOB Lite savings account.

koi ye rti online file krdo sabhi ka bhala ho jyega including me.
You can't open bob lite via online if you have already one account. I tried it. On the second page it shows that "existing customer"error. Also we need to tick some option including "I am not a existing customer of bob" at the time of opening bob lite via online

You can't open bob lite via online if you have already one account. I tried it. On the second page it shows that "existing customer"error. Also we need to tick some option including "I am not a existing customer of bob" at the time of opening bob lite via online
What you said is fully correct but here is the catch. branches nowadays don't open via manual forms although the provision to do so is still there.

Now one member from TF had closed a bob account long back but in bank's system they still had his customer id and this is the reason he was unable to open any new account as branch was not opening the account via manual form.
So he filled a RBI BO complain and within few days he got a call from Regional Head of bob and they said will coordinate with Head office and delete the existing customer id.

Now this was for a Non-lite account. For BOB Lite also it is possible I guess but we need to show proper proof and only RTI can help us acheive that.

What you said is fully correct but here is the catch. branches nowadays don't open via manual forms although the provision to do so is still there.

Now one member from TF had closed a bob account long back but in bank's system they still had his customer id and this is the reason he was unable to open any new account as branch was not opening the account via manual form.
So he filled a RBI BO complain and within few days he got a call from Regional Head of bob and they said will coordinate with Head office and delete the existing customer id.

Now this was for a Non-lite account. For BOB Lite also it is possible I guess but we need to show proper proof and only RTI can help us acheive that.
Yes. I also noticed the mentioned case of the member. I plan to close my bob advantage SB o bal account to open bob lite. Does it makes any difficulty same as those person?

Back