• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone opened BOB BRO Account recently?

Ecoli8

TF Buzz
Dear TFFam,
Anyone opened the newly launched BOB BRO account recently? The account has many free perks and definitely features as a lucrative offer for students.
However though they said free Rupay Platinum DC for life, still charged a issuance charges of ₹354. Currently having a dispute with their grievance cell. Anybody here faced the same situation?

Ya I checked, it's removed.

Tried to reset UPI PIN using Virtual DC and it worked flawlessly. You can ask your brother to try it once.
Sure thing. Thank you!

Do you know how to check the account variant in Netbanking? I just want to confirm whether they opened "BOB Lite" or anything else. Can't find this information anywhere I checked in Netbanking.

Thank you.

Sure thing. Thank you!

Do you know how to check the account variant in Netbanking? I just want to confirm whether they opened "BOB Lite" or anything else. Can't find this information anywhere I checked in Netbanking.

Thank you.
You can find it in bobworld app. I don't use the INB much because of how ugly it is visually.

currently the app is down so can't share you the steps. but if I recall the steps are as follows - view all accounts -> click on your savings account.

I don't use the INB much because of how ugly it is visually.
I agree with you. It has one of the worst UX I've ever seen!

Moreover, their email servers are extremely slow too, and what's worse is the dependence of email OTPs for most operations. For instance, I was trying to add a beneficiary in netbanking. To confirm it, I needed to enter a six-digit OTP, wherein the first three digits were sent to the registered mobile number, and the next three digits were sent to the registered email address. While I got the mobile OTP instantly, I am still waiting for the email OTP for the past 15 minutes! In the meanwhile, the session timed out and it logged out. :face-with-symbols-on-mouth:

Even yesterday, the emails were coming with a delay of upto 1 hour.

Ab kya bolun inhe?

Last edited:
@con
Moreover, their email servers are extremely slow too
Transactional messages come 1/2 hour late to me whereas the OTP's are instant.

For instance, I was trying to add a beneficiary in netbanking. To confirm it, I needed to enter a six-digit OTP, wherein the first three digits were sent to the registered mobile number, and the next three digits were sent to the registered email address
I would personally suggest using Bobworld, it's a breeze to add a beneficiary using it. Only Mobile OTP is needed and it comes instantly.

You can now activate bobworld app
Damn, in order to activate the bob World app, I need the physical debit card, too. Can't set it up otherwise. It seems I have no other option but to wait until it is delivered. 🤔

@ritwik2000 and @doraemon — Do you remember how long it took for the physical debit card to be dispatched? (I had already checked the debit card option in the application process.)

I agree with you. It has one of the worst UX I've ever seen!

Moreover, their email servers are extremely slow too, and what's worse is the dependence of email OTPs for most operations. For instance, I was trying to add a beneficiary in netbanking. To confirm it, I needed to enter a six-digit OTP, wherein the first three digits were sent to the registered mobile number, and the next three digits were sent to the registered email address. While I got the mobile OTP instantly, I am still waiting for the email OTP for the past 15 minutes! In the meanwhile, the session timed out and it logged out. :face-with-symbols-on-mouth:

Even yesterday, the emails were coming with a delay of upto 1 hour.

Ab kya bolun inhe?
BOB ke liye Naya beneficiary add karne ka matlab

Brahmastra ke tukde jodna hai

Sometimes I feel it's their way of increasing CASA

Damn, in order to activate the bob World app, I need the physical debit card, too. Can't set it up otherwise. It seems I have no other option but to wait until it is delivered. 🤔

@ritwik2000 and @doraemon — Do you remember how long it took for the physical debit card to be dispatched? (I had already checked the debit card option in the application process.)
For me, Opened Lite recently

Account opened: 24th May
Card delivered: 4th June

There is a option to active bobworld using internet banking portal. I forgot my INB password and on doing forget password the email otp is not coming on time. So cant share the exact steps.

The card will come within 10 days. My welcome kit got dispatched on 1st April. I opened my account on 27th March.

When I tried to open the bob BRO account for my brother online for minor (17age), system still asking to enter pan card number. It is showing the kyc as PANCARD if we select " are you an NRI. What to do?

Back