• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Ace and Axis Airtel

z1xxuqvoi

TF Buzz
Just wanted to check if we are allowed to have both Axis Ace and Axis Airtel CC. I got my Airtel card rejected, wondering if it's due to existing Ace card. Any idea?

z1xxuqvoi

TF Buzz
Yes I hold both
Thank you for confirmation!

Looks my rejection reason could be something else then. They just mentioned "internal policies" as rejection reason which is just very broad term and could not guess what else could be. CIBIL score is good, should be something else.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
There is no such rules about credit cards in Axis.
1. Some people even have 4 cards while their rule says 3.
2. Some priority account holders get privilege cc as LTF while others get FYF
3. Some NTB customers easily get both Airtel and Ace cc while an age-old HNI customer can't even get any.
4. Some even get 2-3 cc approved within a month/quarter whereas to some a cooling period of 3 months get applied

With axis, things are always mysterious every time

Last edited:

z1xxuqvoi

TF Buzz
Thanks for these - it really helps to know I am not alone :) and not the odd one!

There is no such rules pertaining to credit cards in axis.

Yeah, it's bit crazy, seriously. I have a Citi card as well - not sure how they are going to map it! Going to wait and watch. Just thought this 25% cb for monthly airtel payments 'll be useful and applied but it's what it is!
With axis things are always mysterious everytime

Just need to move on, also better in a way for me - got bit obsessed in taming/optimizing game and need to just let go of these reward games and just use a "core" card.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
I have a Citi card as well - not sure how they are going to map it!
Why don't you map it to an amex card? i.e, apply for a new Amex credit card (with my referral link ofc).
Just thought this 25% cb for monthly airtel payments 'll be useful and applied but it's what it is!
This ain't useful, to be frank, it looks useful only till u don't have it. 25% upto Rs 300, seriously? What happens in 300 per month, that's a meager 3600rs annually. With a new Amex cc, you will get this amount easily in one go at approval time. Also, the monthly milestone rewards on just 6k spends, which is easily >300 per month.
Just need to move on, also better in a way for me - got bit obsessed in taming/optimizing game and need to just let go of these reward games and just use a "core" card.
You are absolutely correct. Move from axis to amex, and here you are allowed to have 3 cards together - mrcc, gold and plat travel.

They will try to say I am upselling you amex cards for referral but you and I both know the ground reality.

James

TF Ace
Just wanted to check if we are allowed to have both Axis Ace and Axis Airtel CC. I got my Airtel card rejected, wondering if it's due to existing Ace card. Any idea?
I got Ace in April from pre approved offers. In Oct, I applied for airtel. Got it approved.

The problem with airtel is you can get 300 cashback in stead of 600 and For Swiggy transactions also, I didn't get correct cashback.

Jhon Anand

TF Premier
I got Ace in April from pre approved offers. In Oct, I applied for airtel. Got it approved.

The problem with airtel is you can get 300 cashback in stead of 600 and For Swiggy transactions also, I didn't get correct cashback.
True for swiggy. Recieved for transaction right merchant name bundltechnologies but no 10% cashback for swiggybanglore.

Both were swiggy orders.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
True for swiggy. Recieved for transaction right merchant name bundltechnologies but no 10% cashback for swiggybanglore.

Both were swiggy orders.
There are many others ways to get 10% off swiggy
Best is getting amazon pay vouchers at effective 10% discount and then use them wherever swiggy, Zomato, tomato, etc

z1xxuqvoi

TF Buzz
Move from axis to amex, and here you are allowed to have 3 cards together - mrcc, gold and plat travel
Thanks a lot for your thoughts. Let me think about it.

Just after reading a lot of pros/cons - I am leaning towards just 1 card for all spends - nothing else. Not sure if that's going to be Amex or something else - More leaning towards a Visa card for wider acceptance., but will decide soon.

I had only Indian Oil Citibank card for a pretty long time and was happy with it as the points were covering for all my petrol expenses. But then Covid struck and got used to WFH from then on. Travel just got reduced exponentially to almost bare minimum except for some weekend drives which also is minucule now compared to earlier.

Last year, I got Axis Ace offer from GPay, and along with it came the FOMO of rewards. It all started while trying to read about the offers of this card, and Youtube recommendations from the finfluencers created a real FOMO! Then I subsequently got HDFC Millenia, SBI cashback, and Amazon ICICI Pay and this game of optimization/maximization of rewards started.

Now, thinking back, I want to go back to the 1 card world and put an end to this madness.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor

Just after reading a lot of pros/cons - I am leaning towards just 1 card for all spends - nothing else. Not sure if that's going to be Amex or something else - More leaning towards a Visa card for wider acceptance., but will decide soon.

I had only Indian Oil Citibank card for a pretty long time and was happy with it as the points were covering for all my petrol expenses. But then Covid struck and got used to WFH from then on. Travel just got reduced exponentially to almost bare minimum except for some weekend drives which also is minucule now compared to earlier.

Last year, I got Axis Ace offer from GPay, and along with it came the FOMO of rewards. It all started while trying to read about the offers of this card, and Youtube recommendations from the finfluencers created a real FOMO! Then I subsequently got HDFC Millenia, SBI cashback, and Amazon ICICI Pay and this game of optimization/maximization of rewards started.

Now, thinking back, I want to go back to the 1 card world and put an end to this madness.
1 card to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them.?

James

TF Ace

No, 1 card will not be enough

kishorvr

TF Premier
I have an account with Axis. Is it true that I can apply for Axis Ace only on Gpay? The credit card apply is showing Ace. I called customer care and he said applying on the Axis application will reject.