• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Atlas worth it with?

Hey
If someone's spend is just 8-10L year (~2-3L on flights) and if they don't want to redeem hotels and only transfer to airmiles, is atlas worth it?

Is there some other card that's better for this purpose?
Best use case for atlas is accor(hotel) or club itc(again hotel) but since you are not into hotels, wouldn't recommend it... Maybe you can use yes reserv with 3x or 5x subscription based on your usage.

Would like others to weigh in on this too.

Axis Atlas is totally worth it.

Axis has highest number of airline transfer partners in India with good reward rates (4% and 10%). Just keep all the invoices and you are sorted

Only thing you need to keep in mind is how much of your 10L spends are part of exclusion categories (Utilities, Govt. etc). If not major, then go for it

Hey
If someone's spend is just 8-10L year (~2-3L on flights) and if they don't want to redeem hotels and only transfer to airmiles, is atlas worth it?

this may help you... was discussed just yesterday

1720184160257.png

Axis Atlas is totally worth it.

Axis has highest number of airline transfer partners in India with good reward rates (4% and 10%). Just keep all the invoices and you are sorted

Only thing you need to keep in mind is how much of your 10L spends are part of exclusion categories (Utilities, Govt. etc). If not major, then go for it
Does Club Vistara, Spice and Air India points good value? I mean will they charge you points according to the flight cost only?
I'm not at all interested in hotel redemptions and most people seem to use this card for Accor, so I'm a bit concerned whether flight redemptions are actually worth it at the end.

this may help you... was discussed just yesterday

View attachment 59825
Yes thanks. But the problem is I don't want to spend points on hotels, because I don't really enjoy the experience.
I rather spend the points on flights. I was wondering if the card is worth it for someone who only redeems airasia/singapore airlines/club vistara airmiles.

If not, can you please suggest a card that will save maximum profit on international and domestic airline bookings. I was thinking SBI Cashback again

Reactions: SSV
Yes thanks. But the problem is I don't want to spend points on hotels, because I don't really enjoy the experience.
I rather spend the points on flights. I was wondering if the card is worth it for someone who only redeems airasia/singapore airlines/club vistara airmiles.

If not, can you please suggest a card that will save maximum profit on international and domestic airline bookings. I was thinking SBI Cashback again
just go thru this and you may get some ideas

Hey

Atlas for travel
Airtel for utility bills
SBI cashback for online payment

I am not a great fan of 🪓 cards, so have no idea of how Atlas, magnus etc work...
but I thought Atlas was a travel card and you shuold still get good rewards in redeemimng the rewards to book flight tickets as well, not just redeeming into hotel bookings..

@drsel is Atlas not a good option for flight bookings for its reward redemption ??

what other cards do you have?
do you have cards that give lounge access

I am not a great fan of 🪓 cards, so have no idea of how Atlas, magnus etc work...
but I thought Atlas was a travel card and you shuold still get good rewards in redeemimng the rewards to book flight tickets as well, not just redeeming into hotel bookings..

@drsel is Atlas not a good option for flight bookings for its reward redemption ??
It is 3rd best after Magnus Burgundy and HDFC Infinia.

Traveledge has upto 8% markup (including a small convenience fee) and gives 24% return on air tickets up to 2 lacs every month using Magnus burgundy.
So around 16% benefit.

HDFC Smartbuy also has a markup + convenience fee and gives you 16.66% return (excluding markup & convenience fee) on air tickets up to 112500 every month.
So much less than 16% benefit.

Direct airline websites have zero markup & zero convenience fee, but you get only 10% return using Atlas.

Online travel agents give a maximum of 10 to 12% discount (Max 10000)

Last edited:
what other cards do you have?
do you have cards that give lounge access
It's not for me, I just have HDFC Millenia and ICICI Sapphiro LTF (alumni)

This is for my father, who's currently using infinia on airline website and just getting 3.3%. I thought there should be something that gives more, will choose SBI cashback as last resort

It is second best after Magnus burgundy
traveledge charges up to 8% more and gives 24% return on air tickets using Magnus burgundy.
So around 16% benefit.

Direct airline website is not charging anything more but you get only 10% return using Atlas
Ok so if I redeem all my edge points as cv points and book flights, will I usually get a good deal?

Direct airline website is not charging anything more but you get only 10% return using Atlas
the point here is , can we get 10% return if we redeem the RP s for flight bookings? OP is not interested in hotel bookings for reward redemption...

the point here is , can we get 10% return if we redeem the RP s for flight bookings? OP is not interested in hotel bookings for reward redemption...
Yeah sure.
Buy the air tickets on the direct airline website using Atlas card. (please do not use Atlas on Traveledge, you will get only 4% return).

Then convert the miles to different air line partners as follows (Max 30000 Atlas miles to 60000 miles of the partner every year)--

Vistara (BEST airline partner) for domestic & some international flights
or
Singapore, United , Turkish, Japan for international flights.

However the airmiles will be worth only 60 to 80 Paisa when used to book economy seats, so the return drops to 6 to 8%

Last edited:
Ok so if I redeem all my edge points as cv points and book flights, will I usually get a good deal?
Yeah sure. He can redeem the miles as follows--
Vistara for domestic flights or Singapore airlines, United , Turkish, Japan for international flights
However the miles will be worth only 66 to 80 Paisa so the return drops to 6.6 to 8%
Is this good enough mate for you?? @cowcoconut

It's not for me, I just have HDFC Millenia and ICICI Sapphiro LTF (alumni)

This is for my father, who's currently using infinia on airline website and just getting 3.3%. I thought there should be something that gives more, will choose SBI cashback as last resort
if he has Infinia, he can buy Amazon GVs and book flights from Amazon and get around 15% return.. isn't it?? have you thought about it??
You get good rates for flights thru Amazon as well...

Last edited:
Back