• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Atlas worth it with?

@Lobogris thanks for the insight. We fly a lot domestically and are hoping that the accelerated edge miles (somewhere around 7% cashback) would add up.

Can someone let me know about the add on card situation? How easy is it to get an atlas add on card

@Lobogris thanks for the insight. We fly a lot domestically and are hoping that the accelerated edge miles (somewhere around 7% cashback) would add up.

Can someone let me know about the add on card situation? How easy is it to get an atlas add on card
Not only atlas any card with Axis Bank they r not currently offering add on
Branch manager has to get some special approval which is tough

Not only atlas any card with Axis Bank they r not currently offering add on
Branch manager has to get some special approval which is tough
That's a big problem then, other family members can't use the card for POS transactions and get the 3-4% return on that. Nor can they help to get to 7.5L yearly spends.
Will consider just using Infinia and SBI cashback.

That's a big problem then, other family members can't use the card for POS transactions and get the 3-4% return on that. Nor can they help to get to 7.5L yearly spends.
Will consider just using Infinia and SBI cashback.
But if you’re having a good RM / BM u can just try but no confirmation
U r right Axis Bank wants its card users not to reach spending milestone on fee waivers easily

Looking like too much hassle:
- CV points not necessarily good value (we really don't care about hotels, since we mostly use central government guest houses domestically and prefer villa resorts abroad)
- Axis might block card and ask for receipts, might devalue, might not give proper cashback etc.
- Hard for family members to use the card without addon card
- Doesn't get 10X rewards on international spends since we buy from third party aggregator sites (traveledge doesn't have all Asian airlines)
- 5k annual fee

Looks like he should stick with infinia for now and use the smartbuy when possible.

Can you add details on gyftr – if Amazon is 2x or not on Atlas?
With the recent Infinia limit to 10k per card, I am looking for an alternative – need about 1L per month spends on Amazon pay 🙂

hey , i was planning to get one. just a questions i had. i know its pretty lame but still. i do have a friend who owns a decent 3 star hotel/, if i swipe for a 100k occasionally (he gives me cash after cutting 1/1.5% fees), say once a month or once in 2 months. will i be eligible for accelerated 5x rewards ? or can use it to hit milestones spends without actually spending anything but 1/1.5%

hey , i was planning to get one. just a questions i had. i know its pretty lame but still. i do have a friend who owns a decent 3 star hotel/, if i swipe for a 100k occasionally (he gives me cash after cutting 1/1.5% fees), say once a month or once in 2 months. will i be eligible for accelerated 5x rewards ? or can use it to hit milestones spends without actually spending anything but 1/1.5%
Hotel owner will have to pay income tax on all that income.
with no corresponding expense, it will be 100% net profit which is fully taxable

He said he’ll set it off against cash bills or whatever adjustments he knows best To a limit of 500k max. Hence asking.
If this was the case, every hotel owner would apply for Atlas card in a family members name, and use it on the hotel swipe machine to earn 10% without any capping.

The only deterrent is that an order to earn 10%, he will have to pay over 30% income tax

Last edited:
Back