• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Atlas worth it with?

points only :
30000 Club Vistara points with 1420/- tax
This is prove that the vistara point is worth 69 paisa
points only :
30000 Club Vistara points with 1420/- tax
Vistara mile is worth only 69 paisa
22207 for revenue flight, instead of 30000 vistara miles + 1420
This is proof that the Vistara mile is worth 69 paisa
8 July 1 way ticket from Delhi to Paris
Screenshot_2024-07-05-21-57-48-59_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg This is proof that the vistara point is work 69 paisa

Thank you guys, I think I'll ask him to get atlas. Now he'll be splitting hairs dealing with axis bank drama :LOL:

I just got SBI cashback for myself, so if the atlas card turns out to be a bad deal atleast I'll book tickets for him ;)
Please buy air tickets using Atlas only on the direct airline website and check the MCC code first from Google and Axis customer care.
All major airline MCC codes are available on Google

Ok so if I redeem all my edge points as cv points and book flights, will I usually get a good deal?
I have had Atlas for about a 9 months and Infinia for 6 months. I have used Atlas for a lot of international travel this year worth several lakhs. Given a choice, I would prefer using Infinia for travel as well.
Coming to the Atlas, it is a fairly good card even after the devaluation. I transfered around 90k miles to Vistara. I have already booked some flights on Vistara. If you are flexible with dates, meaning you travel off peak, book at least 3 months in advance and choose whatever date is cheaper, then you can get a value if around 70 to 80% from these miles. Hence, with the 4% reward rate, you can assume an actual 3% when redeemed for air travel with Vistara. You used to get a 30% extra bonus on transfer to Vistara during special offers but that has now been discontinued. In addition, I booked dozens of air tickets in Europe on regional airlines and I correctly received the 5% cashback points (means 10% in miles). So it was quite useful.

So 10 lakh spends including 2 lakhs in travel would get you approximately 75,000 miles on an airline like Vistara. That can be used for 1 round trip ticket from Delhi to London or Paris and 1 round trip Delhi to Goa. Or you can do 6 round trip Delhi to Goa or 7 plus Del to Bombay round trips. All in economy. This assumes booking at off peak months, 3 to 6 months in advance and flexibility with dates. Meaning let's say you want to travel in Feb 2025 but March is cheaper. So you choose March. Now let's say you want March 10 but March 17 is cheaper. So you go on the 17th. Same with return. You want a trip of 7 days but it is cheaper to return after 9 days. So you come back in 9 days. You also accept any flight time, no matter how late or early and any length of stopover if applicable. If you can't do all this, then expect 30 to 50% less value. Personally, I don't work and thus, I am completely flexible with timings and destinations. Otherwise, a 5% actual cashback on SBI Cashback might be better. Combined with some other coupons, it can become 7 to 8%.

I have had Atlas for about a 9 months and Infinia for 6 months. I have used Atlas for a lot of international travel this year worth several lakhs. Given a choice, I would prefer using Infinia for travel as well.
Coming to the Atlas, it is a fairly good card even after the devaluation. I transfered around 90k miles to Vistara. I have already booked some flights on Vistara. If you are flexible with dates, meaning you travel off peak, book at least 3 months in advance and choose whatever date is cheaper, then you can get a value if around 70 to 80% from these miles. Hence, with the 4% reward rate, you can assume an actual 3% when redeemed for air travel with Vistara. You used to get a 30% extra bonus on transfer to Vistara during special offers but that has now been discontinued. In addition, I booked dozens of air tickets in Europe on regional airlines and I correctly received the 5% cashback points (means 10% in miles). So it was quite useful.

So 10 lakh spends including 2 lakhs in travel would get you approximately 75,000 miles on an airline like Vistara. That can be used for 1 round trip ticket from Delhi to London or Paris and 1 round trip Delhi to Goa. Or you can do 6 round trip Delhi to Goa or 7 plus Del to Bombay round trips. All in economy. This assumes booking at off peak months, 3 to 6 months in advance and flexibility with dates. Meaning let's say you want to travel in Feb 2025 but March is cheaper. So you choose March. Now let's say you want March 10 but March 17 is cheaper. So you go on the 17th. Same with return. You want a trip of 7 days but it is cheaper to return after 9 days. So you come back in 9 days. You also accept any flight time, no matter how late or early and any length of stopover if applicable. If you can't do all this, then expect 30 to 50% less value. Personally, I don't work and thus, I am completely flexible with timings and destinations. Otherwise, a 5% actual cashback on SBI Cashback might be better. Combined with some other coupons, it can become 7 to 8%.
Its a great comparison as well as eye opener for atlas vs sbicb
Yes if one is not in the miles and hotel game sbi cb is best 5% vs Axis Bank atlas 4% with lot of stunts asking invoices by Axis Bank

What do you do for living? Or is you have a very big bank balance.

Its a great comparison as well as eye opener for atlas vs sbicb
Yes if one is not in the miles and hotel game sbi cb is best 5% vs Axis Bank atlas 4% with lot of stunts asking invoices by Axis Bank
Yes, SBI Cashback is a fuss free card where you get actual cashback without the need to spend more to redeem it. In addition, there is no minimum spend or milestone requirements. You spend 100, you get Rs 5 cashback next month. Simple and fuss free. Plus you get it on all online spends, not just flights. I have this card as well.

Back