• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Burgundy Account Eligibility & Which Credit Card Axis Offer To Burgundy Customers

They'll downgrade the account after 3 months if AQB of 10L or NRV of 30L is not maintained.
If you hold a burgundy debit card after downgrade INR 1,500 + GST will be charged.
Official rule for select cc is to charge INR 3000 + GST however, they'll generally not charge you even after downgrade.
I’m having required AQB for burgundy since 2 months and for another month, can I ask for account upgrade from priority now ? I want select cc , hopefully it will be free after my account degrades

Opened a Burgundy account y’day. Heard there is some recent changes for issuing Axis select credit card, new rules are one has to have ITR of 10L and above to be eligible to get the Axis Select CC with burgundy account.

My RM shared this information, is it true?

Opened a Burgundy account y’day. Heard there is some recent changes for issuing Axis select credit card, new rules are one has to have ITR of 10L and above to be eligible to get the Axis Select CC with burgundy account.

My RM shared this information, is it true?
You have to be eligible for an axis bank credit card only then you can get axis select.
10L income criteria is on paper, wait for few months, you'll get pre approved offer.

This 5L initial deposit is only for people who have no account in Axis bank ...

Not true .

I have a liberty account , and I opened burgundy account online with 5L initial deposit.
But..

It requires assistance from customer care as you do need your existing customer ID getting mapped to new account ...

And some tricks/ hacks , that agent itself will tell you , and will assist you throughout.

Initially I was not able to apply for burgundy online due to error.

As usual I got a call back , to ask if I had any problem.
I explained my situation.
So she told me the way to get through the application.
She herself completed my vkyc by sharing her employee I'd and now working on getting my account mapped to my cust.id in 24 hrs.

Update:
In just 2 hrs my new account already got mapped to my customer I'd and existing Liberty Family got upgraded to burgundy family.

And today is bank holiday !! 🤪

Last edited:
Other members have suggested some solutions but since you mentioned that you have 5 L only for a few days, some of those options might not be possible for you.

With this method you'll have Burgundy account in 15 minutes, without visiting branch:

1. Open burgundy account online for a family member (deposit 5L using your DC or fund transfer).

2. Log into internet banking for that account and link your existing account under family ID.

3. You'll get sms to accept invitation for family banking, accept it and the process will be done instantly.

(I have personally tried this method and it works)
My dad has burgundy account and I can get added as family but I dont have 5L to maintain. Is it necessary for all family members to maintain min balance?

My dad has burgundy account and I can get added as family but I dont have 5L to maintain. Is it necessary for all family members to maintain min balance?
No, it has to be maintained at a family level. So if you dad is maintaining the requisite balance, you need not maintain anything. They may ask you to fund the account for 1 lac or so within 10 days of opening, but this amount can be funded and then transferred out.

Other members have suggested some solutions but since you mentioned that you have 5 L only for a few days, some of those options might not be possible for you.

With this method you'll have Burgundy account in 15 minutes, without visiting branch:

1. Open burgundy account online for a family member (deposit 5L using your DC or fund transfer).

2. Log into internet banking for that account and link your existing account under family ID.

3. You'll get sms to accept invitation for family banking, accept it and the process will be done instantly.

Hi Jitendra, thanks for the steps. I have followed this process, how much time it takes for accout to get upgraded to Burgandy.

I have a prestige salary account. I bought Niva Bupa health insurance, not from Axis Bank. But does the health insurance count in trv for burgundy and priority?

If something is not purchased from / through Axis, you can't expect it to be counted towards your Total Relationship Value with them, can you?!

while depositing 5 Lakhs to open account one can earn 5000 ER also.

Back