• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Priority Pass No Longer Valid in India? See This Twitter Post

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Saw this twitter post saying we can no longer get free lounge access even in international terminals using Axis Bank priority pass. I dont think it is true. Any update?

1693576128323.png

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Saw this twitter post saying we can no longer get free lounge access even in international terminals using Axis Bank priority pass. I dont think it is true. Any update?

1693576128323.png

Quite confused about this. No international lounge of India is mentioned for any of the cards. and Magnus doesn't actually work on international lounges of India. So does that mean, can't use it at all?
There's also this in one of the points: "As part of the Priority Pass Program, Magnus Credit Card holders will be eligible for unlimited complimentary international lounge visits for Primary card holders"

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Quite confused about this. No international lounge of India is mentioned for any of the cards. and Magnus doesn't actually work on international lounges of India. So does that mean, can't use it at all?
There's also this in one of the points: "As part of the Priority Pass Program, Magnus Credit Card holders will be eligible for unlimited complimentary international lounge visits for Primary card holders"
Wording is misleading in Twitter post. The gist is:
  • You cannot use PP if the lounge is in India, except the few shown in the Twitter post. Before Sep 1, you could use PP on many lounges at International Terminal (airport) in India. Now you have to use your credit card to access lounges in India
  • For Lounges outside India, PP works as before
This is what I know. Others are welcome to comment.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Wording is misleading in Twitter post. The gist is:
  • You cannot use PP if the lounge is in India, except the few shown in the Twitter post. Before Sep 1, you could use PP on many lounges at International Terminal (airport) in India. Now you have to use your credit card to access lounges in India
  • For Lounges outside India, PP works as before
This is what I know. Others are welcome to comment.
I think anything within India is considered domestic usage irrespective of whether the terminal is domestic or international. Outside India is international.

So this means Infinia PP is the only one that can be used anywhere within and outside India. Magnus CC has to be used within India and Magnus PP to be used outside India.

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think anything within India is considered domestic usage irrespective of whether the terminal is domestic or international. Outside India is international.

So this means Infinia PP is the only one that can be used anywhere within and outside India. Magnus CC has to be used within India and Magnus PP to be used outside India.

The main difference was that many lounges on international terminals in India did not allow entry by Axis card but allowed PP in general. So a Axis user could use their PP and get entry in those lounges. That is not possible going forward.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

1693576128323.png

The pdf talks about domestic lounges only. International lounges within India is still part of priority pass.

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@chasni @thanix But the main question is where exactly is it mentioned that Axis Bank Priority pass cannot be used in international lounges located in India? Because beyond immigration counter, it is considered international area. Lounges located in International terminal which are associated with Prioritypass should accept the Prioritypass of Axis bank right? That is all lounges listed under International Terminal in Prioritypass website should be accessible. If not, is there an Axis bank T&C document specifically mentioning that? Because even now, in the updated website of Axis cards, it says unlimited lounge access.

I wrote to Axis bank and they say Priority pass can be used at international lounges.
1693665152046.png

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@chasni @thanix But the main question is where exactly is it mentioned that Axis Bank Priority pass cannot be used in international lounges located in India? Because beyond immigration counter, it is considered international area. Lounges located in International terminal which are associated with Prioritypass should accept the Prioritypass of Axis bank right? That is all lounges listed under International Terminal in Prioritypass website should be accessible. If not, is there an Axis bank T&C document specifically mentioning that? Because even now, in the updated website of Axis cards, it says unlimited lounge access.

I wrote to Axis bank and they say Priority pass can be used at international lounges.
1693665152046.png

Check the new TnC for Magnus that was published arnd 22nd Jul. It mentions that it cannot be used except a few lounges. Page 3

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Again, "international" term can mean both for axis, 1. international lounges excluding India, 2. All international lounges including India.
Please confirm this, over the same chain.

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Where did u get this info?

Edit: Are you referring to some exclusive lounges? There are some exclusive lounges which accept business class tickets and PP. So you may have visited that one. Otherwise, most international terminals in India also have normal lounge where you can swipe your Magnus.
Hyderabad International lounge did not accept Magnus. Which ones have you visited via Magnus?

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Check the new TnC for Magnus that was published arnd 22nd Jul. It mentions that it cannot be used except a few lounges. Page 3
If we see the TnC document from that link, following is clearly interpreted:
1. List of accessible DOMESTIC lounges which also accept priority pass, are now limited. That list is given. Again, these are DOMESTIC lounges.

2. INTERNATIONAL lounges are still unlimited and the list of accessible lounges can be seen in prioritypass website. If we go to priority pass website, it lists lounges under Domestic Terminal and International terminal. So any lounge listed under International terminal can be accessed with Axis Priority Pass.

1693667661117.png

Arun Pratheep

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Axis has removed International terminal lounges in India from June 1st 2023 for Magnus.

Then it was accessible using priority pass till August 31st.

From September 1 onwards, priority pass in international terminal lounges in India can be used in the 10 mentioned lounges only.
Eg: Cannot use priority pass for accessing Loyalty Lounge in the international terminal in Mumbai.

For outside India Priority pass can be used anywhere it is supported.

In conclusion, International terminal lounges in India cannot be accessed by neither Magnus card nor priority pass(Other than the mentioned 10 lounges)

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Axis has removed International terminal lounges in India from June 1st 2023 for Magnus.

From September 1 onwards, priority pass in international terminal lounges in India can be used in the 10 mentioned lounges only.
Eg: Cannot use priority pass for accessing Loyalty Lounge in the international terminal in Mumbai.

In conclusion, International terminal lounges in India cannot be accessed by neither Magnus card nor priority pass(Other than the mentioned 10 lounges)

This going to confuse the hell out of people. Some airport terminals are integrated for domestic as well as international departures. For e.g. T3 in Delhi has both domestic and international. How is someone going to know if they can swipe their Magus to access the lounge?

Arun Pratheep

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This going to confuse the hell out of people. Some airport terminals are integrated for domestic as well as international departures. For e.g. T3 in Delhi has both domestic and international. How is someone going to know if they can swipe their Magus to access the lounge?
I don't know about Delhi, but in Mumbai terminal 2 which has both Domestic as well as International Departure the lounges are also separate.
Eg: Loyalty Lounge can only be accessed in international departure.

The best way to check if a lounge is accessible using Magnus is to use Dreamfolks website. It shows the eligible lounges for Magnus.

praneeth999

TF Select
This is so confusing and a big nerf in benefits if neither Magnus CC nor PP issued for it can be used at international lounges in India.

For Indian citizens, any international travel would start from India and most of us definitely want to use Lounge.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Those mentioned lounges are domestic lounges in India and not international lounges within India
Magnus can only be swiped in domestic lounges within India. There are no international lounges within India that can be accessed via the Magnus credit card.

If you want to use international lounges within India, you need to use priority pass.

ccdc

TF Ace

this is confusing as hell.....so if i want to use intl lounge in Mumbai which is Loyalty Lounge (Clipper) then how do i access it? Magnus CC or Magnus PP....and if i have guests with me...how can they access the lounge?...anyone can answer???

Last edited: