• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank sending notice for clarification regarding customer's travel spends on atlas

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Axis Bank today sent notices to many of its Atlas credit card customers requesting clarification and invoices regarding their "travel category spends". Axis Atlas is a travel-focused credit card, so it's surprising that the bank is asking for invoices and clarification for travel category expenses over the past few months. A few days ago, Axis Bank deducted Edge Miles and Edge Reward Points from some customers' reward accounts, citing business transactions. Now, they are requesting clarification on affected customers' travel spends within the next 30 days, otherwise, the bank will cancel their credit cards.

Here, I'm attaching a copy of the notice email:

Screenshot 2024.png

Many genuine Atlas customers have been affected by this move. Some people just spent under 10k on travel categories and received clarification notices. I can understand Axis's desire to eliminate abusers from their customer list, but troubling genuine customers is unacceptable. This is the main reason I didn't add the Axis Magnus Burgundy credit card/Axis Magnus credit card to our list of the best credit cards for 2024. While it may offer good rewards, it's not reliable at all. Axis should revert to their old credit card reward system as they are not capable of running a reward system with airmiles transfer partners.
For peace of mind, stay away from Axis Bank credit cards.

HOME_CARDER

TF Select
Has anyone received ATLAS miles for transactions made during the blocked period and afterward? Although ATLAS got unblocked, I haven't received any miles yet, but receiving ER points regularly.

sharad131

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is Axis doing that again? Many users have reported to get same error on ER portal which they got on March 11 :)

HOME_CARDER

TF Select
8s3vj6.jpg

Guys, Axis blocked my account again. For the same exact period. I have it on email that they confirmed they got all documents and everything is clear from their side. Seriously so frustrated, has anyone tried RBI Ombudsman? Can we claim harassment if they are doing it again and again after confirming in writing they got all documents and everything is good ?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guys, Axis blocked my account again. For the same exact period. I have it on email that they confirmed they got all documents and everything is clear from their side. Seriously so frustrated, has anyone tried RBI Ombudsman? Can we claim harassment if they are doing it again and again after confirming in writing they got all documents and everything is good ?
@drsel, any advice for the fellow 🪓 ian....
mate !!

drsel

TF Legend
Even my edge miles redemption is blocked, few existing edge miles have disappeared; but account login is working and cards are working fine.

I have written to them to ask if they want me to again send invoices of the recent travel related transactions

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Even my account is blocked.
I have written to them to ask if they want me to again send invoices of the recent travel related transactions
Om Namah Shivayya !!
Om Shanthi Shanthi !!

drsel

TF Legend
This is done automatically by some computerized software which blocks the edge miles of those Atlas cards which are only being used to get 10% return on travel spends (many times).

Many full time, professional travel agents must be using Atlas cards for all their customer airline and hotel bookings.

So if your miles are blocked, then you have to prove your travel spends are personal & genuine with invoices.
So this is the case of guilty until proven innocent

Last edited:

_amit_

TF Premier
This is done automatically by some computerized software which blocks those who are getting 10% return on travel spends many times using Atlas card
Interesting.

How are you aware of this conditional logic?

Have this block happened before this year?

drsel

TF Legend
Interesting.
How are you aware of this conditional logic?
Have this block happened before this year?
There is an article on economic Times also.

But I was blocked on 11th March like so many others and now again like so many others.

drsel

TF Legend
Large Travel agents get up to 17% commission from the airlines for international flights and an extra 10% from Atlas.
so its nearly 27% profit for them