• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Axis Magnus Monthly Milestone Reward Points Tracking (Check Yours)

Ok, will try in next payment. Just for my understanding, if we cancel booking will they refund amount to credit card or refund as MMT voucher. If it's voucher then it will be very tough to use it back.
Amount will be returned to your gift card.
You can use that for subsequent booking . But if this is just a fake booking for visa , it’s better not to use gift card and I would suggest also not to make any paid booking from MMT.
It’s better to use direct hotel bookings or booking.Com for visa , they provide a fully confirmed booking with no charges also pay at arrival option is there

I didn't want to risk it. this is my first international trip. My colleague had booked through booking.com and his visa got rejected(may be there is another reason for rejection but when he went to Visa agent they told may be because it was not fully paid hotel booking it got rejected). So didn't want to risk it just because of this. May be I will try in my next trip but for this trip I don't want to risk it.
If you book directly with any hotel chain, in most cases they just takes the card details as guarantee, but they hardly debits the card till the check in happens or may be after the cancellation period is over (typically 24/48/72 hrs before check in day).

Same for me too.. 5th late night was the last set of points I received for txns up till 3rd Jan.. Not got anything since.. Guessing must be similar for everyone then.

If you book directly with any hotel chain, in most cases they just takes the card details as guarantee, but they hardly debits the card till the check in happens or may be after the cancellation period is over (typically 24/48/72 hrs before check in day).
From what I have experienced most hotels and even Airbnb outside India do the opposite.

They partially charge the card or the whole amount to avoid cancellations and avoid fake bookings/no-shows. At least you'll have to go through the hassle of cancelling your booking and waiting a few days to get your refund.

Most places also have policies regarding the cheapest rates not being refundable or having cancellation clauses so you can only cancel and get a full refund if your trip is far ahead, so paying upfront is mandatory. Some let you go ahead without payment but you must save your card information and they'll do a verification charge so they will have that as guarantee.

This will highly depend on your type of stays, OTA and countries.

Of course you can always find pay at arrival/no-prepayment but you'll have a considerable smaller amount of options.

As I have made a transaction on 4th Jan and didn't get the regular points on my Magnus card, reached customer care and was told it takes max 16 days to get them. For any milestone points, it takes 90 to 120 days. Also they said the milestone benefit is not applicable for the month card was issued.

Back