• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis myzone from axis salary account

credit_noob

TF Premier
I've opened a salary account with Axis Bank and applied for a My Zone card three months ago, which had a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 500. Now, Axis Bank is issuing the same card for free.

Limit: 26k
Network: Visa
No of months Salary credited:6
@ joining fee paid

What is the course of action? To convert it to free?

I am aware many threads exist but card very new so new thread created

helloworld

TF Legend
- through mail and escalate till PNO.

but its hard and mostly they won't, in that case

- Close and negotiate with retention team.

Still nothing,

- Close it and wait for the offer again to apply.

But, IMO salary means you can get better cards in axis, try once.

credit_noob

TF Premier
- through mail and escalate till PNO.

but its hard and mostly they won't, in that case

- Close and negotiate with retention team.

Still nothing,

- Close it and wait for the offer again to apply.

But, IMO salary means you can get better cards in axis, try once.
dilse open bank didn't give good limit how can I expect better card.

helloworld

TF Legend
dilse open bank didn't give good limit how can I expect better card.

How much limit you got?

Is it pre-approved?

Use your relationship to get what you need. Note: If you don't ask then you won't get anything.

And for your inspiration.. 👇

You have salary account with them..

Last edited:

Ekavya

TF Premier
I've opened a salary account with Axis Bank and applied for a My Zone card three months ago, which had a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 500. Now, Axis Bank is issuing the same card for free.

Limit: 26k
Network: Visa
No of months Salary credited:6
@ joining fee paid

What is the course of action? To convert it to free?

I am aware many threads exist but card very new so new thread created
Just close the card. Their retention team will call you and offer you to give 2000 edge points. Reject it. If they convert it free then take it. Otherwise just close the card.

Wait for the offer next year. Axis offers Many paid card as a LTF throughout the year. So you can always get those cards.

credit_noob

TF Premier
Just close the card. Their retention team will call you and offer you to give 2000 edge points. Reject it. If they convert it free then take it. Otherwise just close the card.

Wait for the offer next year. Axis offers Many paid card as a LTF throughout the year. So you can always get those cards.
++Update
Close request initiated. Card was immediately blocked and disappeared from the app. Upon meeting with the branch employee, she stated that it was not possible to convert the 3-month-old card to a LTF. She suggested to wait 6 months or 11 months and then raise a closure request to convert it to LTF. Then she cancelled the closure request and unblocked the card.

Ekavya

TF Premier
++Update
Close request initiated. Card was immediately blocked and disappeared from the app. Upon meeting with the branch employee, she stated that it was not possible to convert the 3-month-old card to a LTF. She suggested to wait 6 months or 11 months and then raise a closure request to convert it to LTF. Then she cancelled the closure request and unblocked the card.
The employee was smart 😁. She convinced you to keep the card. But I have few problems:

1. It's not easy to convert a paid card to LTF even if they're are offering it LTF at that moment. (Fellow Technofino users please correct me if I am worng)

2. Sometime You can get pre-approved LTF card from the Axis app based on your Primary card. But if you already have Myzone you can't get it pre-approved in the app. But you can get Neo card LTF if the offer if running.

So keep using the Myzone card and wait for any Axis LTF offer. If you find one apply for it.