• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank cannot deny to choose card network on credit card

sidp

TF Ace
Good! But this change on next renewal is useless. Even that is after 6m from now.

Btw this "renewal " is yearly renewal or reissue. If it is reissue people will have to wait >5 years.

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
New notification which enables you to chose your own card network provider.

Will this let Diners Club Black holders chose Visa / Mastercard? This would solve a lot of problems.

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@TechnoFino

1709718853593.png

Since you are being referenced in the article, please do give us hope, will HDFC start issuing DCB on Visa / mastercard or they'll keep this variant specific to Diners Club only?

sidp

TF Ace
Will this let Diners Club Black holders chose Visa / Mastercard? This would solve a lot of problems.
No. This directive allows customers to choose from multiple available networks. But in reality this hardly makes any difference. As you can ask for network change only at the time of "renewal"( which I think rbi means card reissue).
Again rbi can't force bank to offer all cards on all network. That is a commercial decision left to issuers itself.

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No. This directive allows customers to choose from multiple networks. But in reality this hardly makes any difference. As you can ask for network change only at the time of "renewal"( which I think rbi means card reissue).
Again rbi can't force bank to offer all cards in all network. That is a commercial decision.
Then people can block and reissue on another platform?

sidp

TF Ace
Then people can block and reissue on another platform?

Check the thread I've mentioned. It has the rbi directive. But wording isn't clear.

Wr have to understand that all this decision was taken with consultation of bank. The reason they have used wording like "only at the time of renewal", means banks don't want to make it a simple process. If people start to abuse it, they might start charging for it.
Also it is not being implemented for another 6months. So by that time we will have a clear idea.

deep@vie

TF Legend
No. This directive allows customers to choose from multiple available networks. But in reality this hardly makes any difference. As you can ask for network change only at the time of "renewal"( which I think rbi means card reissue).
Again rbi can't force bank to offer all cards on all network. That is a commercial decision left to issuers itself.
A flood of blocking & reissuing in different network can come from TF if it succeeds😂

Last edited:

asahi

TF Premier
I consider renewal means yearly(coz lots of cards are paid ones) if not we are doomed nothing changes except for new applications.
But if in case it is true.
I’ll ask My Airtel, APay Cards on Amex Networks
Simply click on Rupay(5-10 points for every ₹100) even One Card on Rupay

deep@vie

TF Legend
I consider renewal means yearly(coz lots of cards are paid ones) if not we are doomed nothing changes except for new applications.
But if in case it is true.
I’ll ask My Airtel, APay Cards on Amex Networks
Simply click on Rupay(5-10 points for every ₹100) even One Card on Rupay
Amex conversion I don't think going to happen.others very much possible atleast for renewals

jeevanreddy58

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Credit card users can now choose between Visa, Mastercard, RuPay and Amex. Here's what you need to know

Note that, as per the circular, “card issuers who issue credit cards on their own authorised card network (in other words, those who have their own card network) are excluded from the applicability of the circular”. This applies to American Express Banking Corp., which will not be required to issue it credit cards on card networks other than its own.