• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[** BBD NOW on 26/09 **] Plan for 2024 BBD and GIF Sale

I am thinking to purchase a Samsung phone for my father. I have shortlisted these:-

1. Samsung Galaxy M35 5G (8GB RAM,128GB Storage) @15,300Rs Net.
Samsung Galaxy M55s 5G (8GB RAM,128GB Storage) @16,900Rs Net.

Which one should I go for, I am confused. Need your kind guidance Please.

Reactions: SSV
I am thinking to purchase a Samsung phone for my father. I have shortlisted these:-

M35 has better battery life where as M55 has better Processor .
If you care about battery life then M35 , if you care about faster processing then M55.. it all depends on what your father use it for..

I just started using M35 from today, its is very good for my use case. much somoother than my previous m33. have to see how long battery last when compared to my previous M33.
For me battery life is the most important thing and hence chose M35, even though M55 scores better from overall perspective..

If M55 had come with 6,000 Mah, I would have definitely paid premium of 2K easily and would have taken it in a blink..

Last edited:
Got 8K discount for 4 flight tickets worth 24K. Amazon is giving ₹1000 additional cashback for first time users. On top of it there's more cashback + Infinia Gyftr voucher. 😛😛
Do you see any offer timeline till when?
I may make use of it only in October.

at the end of the day know that if you're used to a level of service with Amazon, Flipkart will never match that. It'll forever remain a dehati attitude company
I beg to differ but my recent experience with Flipkart customer support has been awesome but Amazon Escalations has got morons on their seats.

Reactions: SSV
I beg to differ but my recent experience with Flipkart customer support has been awesome but Amazon Escalations has got morons on their seats.
These days, AMZN has gone down from overall customer support perspctive from the peaks about 5 years ago and FK upped the game in the same time..
so overall, both FK and AMZN are almost equal from their producat offerings, offers, discounts, after sales support and customer support ....etc...
they are almost equal.. no big difference..

M35 has better battery life where as M55 has better Processor .
If you care about battery life then M35 , if you care about faster processing then M55.. it all depends on what your father use it for..

If M55 had come with 6,000 Mah, I would have definitely paid premium of 2K easily and would have taken it in a blink..
We have to find some battery benchmarks for both phones, but I think that even with 5000mah battery, M55S will perform better in battery life compared to Exynos 1380 powered M35 with 6000mah. Exynos 1380 is infamous battery sucker.

Unfortunately these phones are mostly sold in India and we don't have a reliable website comparing two phones in terms of battery life.

We have to find some battery benchmarks for both phones, but I think that even with 5000mah battery, M55S will perform better in battery life compared to Exynos 1380 powered M35 with 6000mah. Exynos 1380 is infamous battery sucker.

Unfortunately these phones are mostly sold in India and we don't have a reliable website comparing two phones in terms of battery life.
understood..
but I rely on my own experience..
My M33 5G for the last two years consistently gave me more than 2 days of battery life with the same Exynos processor , ie 1280..
and if M35 gives me 2 days of battery I will be more than happy with the purchase as 1380 is giving me a much better smoother app experience without any lags compared to 1280.. and also this time I bought 8GB variant as compared to 6GB in my previous M33

Last edited:
Sma

Smartprix, on paper

I
It is the lowest price, as of now.. maybe 500-1000 diff for specific users.

You can consider buying after 3-4 days, as it'll be around the close of phase 1 of this year's Dussehra-Diwali sale (tentative). So by the start of phase 2 sales, you might find a better deal, and would still be able to close the 1st order, as it might not have yet delivered.

For last 2 years, the sales kept on continuing for 3-4 weeks, with different bank partners and different offers.

I remember, in 22, I purchased a poco m4 (or m5, I don't remember), by the end of 1st phase, then by the early days of phase 2, a better deal was available, and hence cancelled the 1st order, and placed a fresh order.

However the best of best deals, may (MAY) be long behind, as FK plays the ace card mostly on Day 1 of the sale, which I felt

Amazon delivered in 3 days.
Flipkart still near hub after 5 days, despite the hub is 30km away. Deadline to deliver is today.
Same with me Flipkart Extended delivery date by 7 days showing the product is in nearest Hub which is 15 km only

Really Poor service by Flipkart Amazon has far better service flipkart will never be able to improve

Same with me Flipkart Extended delivery date by 7 days showing the product is in nearest Hub which is 15 km only

Really Poor service by Flipkart Amazon has far better service flipkart will never be able to improve
This is the kind of nonsense im talking about. Facing the same thing. It's too much cognitive load having to wait and be available for open box deliveries. Flipkart has open box deliveries because they have a history of unending scams.

Last edited:

Don't buy samsung phones below ₹30000 with sAmoled display. I have two M21, one f41, one m30s. All with sAMOLED display. After 2 years of use all are facing 2 problems.
1. All became too much slow
2. Screen became 1st colourful then black. Authorised Service centre told it's a normal issue for sAmoled display. Replaced screen with ₹4660. All the phones faced this problem.

Now from last week, one M21 is switching off randomly any time. Authorised Service centre told it's mother board issue and will cost ₹9000 to replace the mother board. So, abandoned the phone and bought cmf 1 for arround ₹12.5k in this BBD sale.

Don't buy samsung phones below ₹30000 with sAmoled display. I have two M21, one f41, one m30s. All with sAMOLED display. After 2 years of use all are facing 2 problems.
1. All became too much slow
2. Screen became 1st colourful then black. Authorised Service centre told it's a normal issue for sAmoled display. Replaced screen with ₹4660. All the phones faced this problem.

Now from last week, one M21 is switching off randomly any time. Authorised Service centre told it's mother board issue and will cost ₹9000 to replace the mother board. So, abandoned the phone and bought cmf 1 for arround ₹12.5k in this BBD sale.
Thanks for sharing your experience :)

Back