• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Beginner in credit card journey facing issues

Hello there! I'm also 19 years old and currently receive a monthly salary of INR 50,000. However, I only have an HDFC IndianOil credit card with a limit of INR 25,000. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you might have on how I can progress further in my financial journey. I'm currently studying in a college that is affiliated with either the HDFC DCB Alumni List or the ICICI Alumni List, and I'm eager to explore opportunities that might be available through these affiliations. Thank you for any advice or guidance you can offer!

Hello there! I'm also 19 years old and currently receive a monthly salary of INR 50,000. However, I only have an HDFC IndianOil credit card with a limit of INR 25,000. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you might have on how I can progress further in my financial journey. I'm currently studying in a college that is affiliated with either the HDFC DCB Alumni List or the ICICI Alumni List, and I'm eager to explore opportunities that might be available through these affiliations. Thank you for any advice or guidance you can offer!
For DCB Final year ID card is enough with permanent address and parents mobile number(can use yours only)

Toss a coin & then decide🤣
Coin neither gave heads nor tail 😛

steve-smith-Zvvu4zRKijE-unsplash.jpg

Jokes apart, please tell your opinion

So, they rejected Apay twice & approved platinum. LoL, ICICI is always different. They rejected platinum twice for me & approved Apay
They once low-key rejected my apay application (post vkyc & ITR checks) solely because I refused getting a policy from them (2021),
I started getting calls from ICICI during 2022 as truecaller shows under promotional offers' banner... I NEVER ATTENDED THEM,
Now in 2023, amazon showed me icici apay application worth 1k+ rewards, I thought trying won't hurt..
(I've been using amazon pay later every month i.e; all bills etc, /30k limit)
I applied in July & was approved on vkyc, no documents asked. Officer just asked me my annual income nothing else. (approval within 15 minutes)
Received card in a week.

They once low-key rejected my apay application (post vkyc & ITR checks) solely because I refused getting a policy from them (2021),
I started getting calls from ICICI during 2022 as truecaller shows under promotional offers' banner... I NEVER ATTENDED THEM,
Now in 2023, amazon showed me icici apay application worth 1k+ rewards, I thought trying won't hurt..
(I've been using amazon pay later every month i.e; all bills etc, /30k limit)
I applied in July & was approved on vkyc, no documents asked. Officer just asked me my annual income nothing else. (approval within 15 minutes)
Received card in a week.
My case is different. Two times they de linked my application and asked me to apply as fresh. Then I applied one day and next day nothing was showing on Amazon and I aplied again next day. But they approved one application and rejected one. But in amazon it was showing not approved so I can't avail the welcome benefits. Then I escalated to icici and they said me to wait 2 month. I went to rbi ombudsman then they fixed issues in 3 days. Omg I can write a big story about icici. But this is what they're doing. Their app is great but they're not great in supporting the customer. Icici irritated me too much. While writing this, I was angry

My case is different. Two times they de linked my application and asked me to apply as fresh. Then I applied one day and next day nothing was showing on Amazon and I aplied again next day. But they approved one application and rejected one. But in amazon it was showing not approved so I can't avail the welcome benefits. Then I escalated to icici and they said me to wait 2 month. I went to rbi ombudsman then they fixed issues in 3 days. Omg I can write a big story about icici. But this is what they're doing. Their app is great but they're not great in supporting the customer. Icici irritated me too much. While writing this, I was angry
Yes, they showed me offer for CC under Loans section (I think it was minimum documentation & not the pre approved) I went ahead though & OTP etc completed but at moment I was entering my details about salary and wasn't even halfway...
All went white then black 🖤... Pops up & Lo behold it says = You are not eligible at this moment.. फलाना dhimkana (CIBIL Score = 762 atm, all on-time payments)
I didn't completed my whole application & it hit into my CIBIL, (received update next morning)....

Anyways I got my First ICICI Card (APAY) 💳 issued to me on 15th July, activated on 20th July (applied on 12th July)..
It's my 7th card, I didn't knew about exclusion of apay at various websites & sales,
So given ICICI internal policies or whatever,
How to escalate now to get Coral or platinum?
Any suggestions welcomed & Thanks in advance. (P. S. : I've read about X's DM'ing route but that incomplete application CIBIL hit is bothering me to do any further advances)

Last edited:
I got my first credit card in January - HDFC Millenia with my salary account. Also applied ICICI apay during that time and to my surprise it got approved, probably because I have a gold savings with ICICI.
So, currently holding two CC
- HDFC Millenia (1.5L limit)
- ICICI APay (60K Limit)

I have a CIBIL score of 752 as per one score app. I am finding it difficult to get any new ccs. Can people suggest me how to climb up the CC ladder and get more cards 🙂
Try to make the millenia ltf by mailing hdfc.

In few months icici will offer you ltf coral or higher card( or you can apply for icici platinum, it works for sale)

Get a cc from axis(they run ltf program time to time) & sbi (cashback or smilpyclick).

Aslo get a rupay cc for upi (hdfc tata nue or axis kiwi)

I think Tata might appreciate it with some automobilistic humour (Tata Tiago Neo 💳 card)
Yes, they showed me offer for CC under Loans section (I think it was minimum documentation & not the pre approved) I went ahead though & OTP etc completed but at moment I was entering my details about salary and wasn't even halfway...
All went white then black 🖤... Pops up & Lo behold it says = You are not eligible at this moment.. फलाना dhimkana (CIBIL Score = 762 atm, all on-time payments)
I didn't completed my whole application & it hit into my CIBIL, (received update next morning)....

Anyways I got my First ICICI Card (APAY) 💳 issued to me on 15th July, activated on 20th July (applied on 12th July)..
It's my 7th card, I didn't knew about exclusion of apay at various websites & sales,
So given ICICI internal policies or whatever,
How to escalate now to get Coral or platinum?
Any suggestions welcomed & Thanks in advance. (P. S. : I've read about X's DM'ing route but that incomplete application CIBIL hit is bothering me to do any further advances)
They knew that you'll make fun of their brand here, that's why😂

Need help,
I am trying to get a card for my mother, she does not hold a card as of now, had 9-10yrs back a credit card from ICICI. Her itr is around 5L. Tried today for kotak and sbi both rejected, they didn't even asked for itr, straight away rejected. I checked her cibil today, it is 726.. What cards can I apply for her? Need sugg. TIA. And which bank can provide pre approved card quickly?

Try to make the millenia ltf by mailing hdfc.

In few months icici will offer you ltf coral or higher card( or you can apply for icici platinum, it works for sale)

Get a cc from axis(they run ltf program time to time) & sbi (cashback or smilpyclick).

Aslo get a rupay cc for upi (hdfc tata nue or axis kiwi)
Millenia is already LTF from salary account. Got a ICICI coral rupay. Not applying for any cards for next few months as suggested by fellow members on the forum.

Need help,
I am trying to get a card for my mother, she does not hold a card as of now, had 9-10yrs back a credit card from ICICI. Her itr is around 5L. Tried today for kotak and sbi both rejected, they didn't even asked for itr, straight away rejected. I checked her cibil today, it is 726.. What cards can I apply for her? Need sugg. TIA. And which bank can provide pre approved card quickly?
Talk directly to Customer care person or visit bank and ask if there's any possibility to get one considering current score & enquiries,
Or build a FD backed CC history (veterans do say not best for long term)
I maybe wrong with my thesis here but apay later was entry into my CIBIL journey & might have helped me with building history, after that I got pre approved offer from Axis for 1st CC with 75K limit...
Used apay later limit continously for 3 months, paid on time (limit increased from 7k to 15k in next 3 more months currently 30k & not used in 2023 apart from few Swiggy tnxs, after that received Axis CC offer)

CIBIL calculations might show upto 7yrs history & mom's inactive CC history is hindering in getting a CC atm.

Open kotak 811 zero balance & check cibil inside the app,
It gives pre approved cards to many... (personally verified, same goes for AU Bank but serviceable pin code is a must)
Ab nind arhi h bhai, *T&C applies = mai गलत भी हो सकता हू

Talk directly to Customer care person or visit bank and ask if there's any possibility to get one considering current score & enquiries,
Or build a FD backed CC history (veterans do say not best for long term)
I maybe wrong with my thesis here but apay later was entry into my CIBIL journey & might have helped me with building history, after that I got pre approved offer from Axis for 1st CC with 75K limit...
Used apay later limit continously for 3 months, paid on time (limit increased from 7k to 15k in next 3 more months currently 30k & not used in 2023 apart from few Swiggy tnxs, after that received Axis CC offer)

CIBIL calculations might show upto 7yrs history & mom's inactive CC history is hindering in getting a CC atm.

Open kotak 811 zero balance & check cibil inside the app,
It gives pre approved cards to many... (personally verified, same goes for AU Bank but serviceable pin code is a must)
Ab nind arhi h bhai, *T&C applies = mai गलत भी हो सकता हू
Thanks dear for valuable suggestions👍

Need help,
In which banks,she has an account?

Back