• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for NPS Contribution

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Waynoway

TF Buzz
Last update: 10-04-24
  • HDFC : Milestone benefits only ✅
  • HSBC Cashback: 0% ✅
  • AMEX Gold Charge: 1 MR/50 + Milestone benefits ✅
  • AMEX SmartEarn/ MRCC: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith+: 1% + Milestone benefits ✅
  • ICICI APay: 1% ✅
  • SC Smart: 2% ✅
  • SC Ultimate: 2% (Govt. transaction)
Note: Mostly other cards from same bank works with varied reward rate and similar rule of exclusion.

Tip: IDFC, IndusInd, BOB provides better rewards using payzapp like prepaid card load (MCC: wallet) which you can use to pay NPS compared to direct payment where you'll get from 0.25% to 0.8% only on these cards.

For NPS payments MCC: 9399 (Govt. Services)

Do check both payment gateways Razorpay and Billdesk (above values are according to Billdesk gateway).

Also, do share missing cards rewards that you tried, will update accordingly.

PG Charges (with GST) on NPS website/app:
  • VISA, Mastercard & AMEX = 0.885% (0.75% + GST)
Note: Above are for TIER 1. TIER 2 disabled credit card payments (based on latest available options).

If in doubt, always try test transaction and confirm with support. Things may chage any time, proceed with caution.

Last edited by a moderator:
gateways not accept but amex allows same for rent payments, none of the portals accepting amex. But somehow we managed to pay, will get milestone benefits.
well, rent is different thing altogether as lot of portal provide work around.
Such route is not feasible for income tax portal as far as i understand,
If you have a workaround for it, please share,.

I know it is being asked multiple times, but just checking again if anyone recently got EM on atlas for NPS ? Thanks

Atleast official doc doesn't exclude govt transactions

PS : I have done 1K transaction and will update once transaction gets settled.
Yes. We get EM for NPS contributions, I’ve made little transaction and got the EM against it.
But not sure if there is any capping. If anywhere aware of this please let us know.

Can anyone confirm whether the Amazon Pay ICICI Card is offering a 1% cashback in 2024? My plan is to pay through Amazon ICICI to get 1%, then use the HDFC Easyshop Platinum to get the remaining 1%. The net cashback is what I was trying to get.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm whether the Amazon Pay ICICI Card is offering a 1% cashback in 2024? My plan is to pay through Amazon ICICI to get 1%, then use the HDFC Easyshop Platinum to get the remaining 1%. The net cashback will be 2% - 1.08%, which will be about Rs. 490 on a net investment of Rs. 50,000.
The charges for NPS is 0.9% (0.75% + 18% gst ) not 1.08%. Also I pay using MRCC card so rewards are much better.

Do I need to open separate nps account? I had some investments from past 2 years using etmoney.
Not sure but you can try.
Google nps login - you would get enps.nsdl site.
Now you should have a PRAN number. Try resetting password from there using pran and mobile. Once you have password you can login with pran and password and see your contributions. If this works you would be able to contribute as well from there.

Did not work, even can't create new as pan already exists.
For now paid 539 extra with my kotak mojo
Not sure but you can try.
Google nps login - you would get enps.nsdl site.
Now you should have a PRAN number. Try resetting password from there using pran and mobile. Once you have password you can login with pran and password and see your contributions. If this works you would be able to contribute as well from there

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back