• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for NPS Contribution

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Waynoway

TF Buzz
Last update: 10-04-24
  • HDFC : Milestone benefits only ✅
  • HSBC Cashback: 0% ✅
  • AMEX Gold Charge: 1 MR/50 + Milestone benefits ✅
  • AMEX SmartEarn/ MRCC: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith+: 1% + Milestone benefits ✅
  • ICICI APay: 1% ✅
  • SC Smart: 2% ✅
  • SC Ultimate: 2% (Govt. transaction)
Note: Mostly other cards from same bank works with varied reward rate and similar rule of exclusion.

Tip: IDFC, IndusInd, BOB provides better rewards using payzapp like prepaid card load (MCC: wallet) which you can use to pay NPS compared to direct payment where you'll get from 0.25% to 0.8% only on these cards.

For NPS payments MCC: 9399 (Govt. Services)

Do check both payment gateways Razorpay and Billdesk (above values are according to Billdesk gateway).

Also, do share missing cards rewards that you tried, will update accordingly.

PG Charges (with GST) on NPS website/app:
  • VISA, Mastercard & AMEX = 0.885% (0.75% + GST)
Note: Above are for TIER 1. TIER 2 disabled credit card payments (based on latest available options).

If in doubt, always try test transaction and confirm with support. Things may chage any time, proceed with caution.

Last edited by a moderator:
This AU bank is Chut... they're rejecting the card because they're expecting me to be in office for office verification. I have permanent WFH who will go for this thing???
I am also working from home and I got is last week bro

They called and said distance between your office and home is more than 1000kms so are you working from home
I said yes, then they asked for consent from official email id and card approved after 2 days

No home or office verification (may be bcoz i had account with them)
Same for me, when I applied I was working from home. They asked email from office confirming same, when I provided it got approved.

I am also working from home and I got is last week bro

They called and said distance between your office and home is more than 1000kms so are you working from home
I said yes, then they asked for consent from official email id and card approved after 2 days

No home or office verification (may be bcoz i had account with them)
I did it too. I sent email & id card from office mail id only.
But still chut... are rejecting my card.
I guess its depends on verification guy --> that guy might be marked my profile as fraud.

I don't have AU bank nearby else will go & apply from them

I did it too. I sent email & id card from office mail id only.
But still chut... are rejecting my card.
I guess its depends on verification guy --> that guy might be marked my profile as fraud.

I don't have AU bank nearby else will go & apply from them
For me Au & MRCC have provided good value. IDFC select you can use then.
Not sure about Axis cards if they provide on govt. transaction.

When can I see the points.
Let say If I add 5k then when will see the those points in IDFC ??
With Payzapp card, NPS contribution is free? or any charges
Idfc gives RPs for payzapp that is confirmed, no need to verify this
Still if you want you will have to wait till statement

Payzapp to NPS is not personally verified hence suggested to do test txn with small amount (500 is the min amount for nps contribution i guess)

Idfc gives RPs for payzapp that is confirmed, no need to verify this
Still if you want you will have to wait till statement

Payzapp to NPS is not personally verified hence suggested to do test txn with small amount (500 is the min amount for nps contribution i guess)
Ohh got you now.

Let me see over NPS site if seeing option to pay through payzapp prepaid card or not.

Hope will get 10x points

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back