• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for NPS Contribution

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Waynoway

TF Buzz
Last update: 10-04-24
  • HDFC : Milestone benefits only ✅
  • HSBC Cashback: 0% ✅
  • AMEX Gold Charge: 1 MR/50 + Milestone benefits ✅
  • AMEX SmartEarn/ MRCC: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith+: 1% + Milestone benefits ✅
  • ICICI APay: 1% ✅
  • SC Smart: 2% ✅
  • SC Ultimate: 2% (Govt. transaction)
Note: Mostly other cards from same bank works with varied reward rate and similar rule of exclusion.

Tip: IDFC, IndusInd, BOB provides better rewards using payzapp like prepaid card load (MCC: wallet) which you can use to pay NPS compared to direct payment where you'll get from 0.25% to 0.8% only on these cards.

For NPS payments MCC: 9399 (Govt. Services)

Do check both payment gateways Razorpay and Billdesk (above values are according to Billdesk gateway).

Also, do share missing cards rewards that you tried, will update accordingly.

PG Charges (with GST) on NPS website/app:
  • VISA, Mastercard & AMEX = 0.885% (0.75% + GST)
Note: Above are for TIER 1. TIER 2 disabled credit card payments (based on latest available options).

If in doubt, always try test transaction and confirm with support. Things may chage any time, proceed with caution.

Last edited by a moderator:

hedgehog2122

TF Premier
For DCB they calculated, so hopefully same system will apply here. If its a big transaction, do check with support once for a word but I think it will consider for milestone and annual fee waiver. No hands on experience on this card, do check others if needed.
I have used regalia gold for NPS payment, counted towards milestone not sure about annual fee waiver, only time will tell though

varkey

TF Buzz
Same issue for me...but the customer care is saying...there will be additional charges for that transaction more than the 0.75% + GST...he is not telling the additional amount but suggesting me to add some amount and try again...

This is true. I made a test payment of Rs 1500, the PG charges of 0.75% (not GST) was added and Rs 1511.25 was shown as transaction amount. However, an additional Rs 17.83 was charged as surcharge.

It appears the surcharge is 1% + GST. So net extra cost is 1.93%.

Edit - Looks like GST for 0.75% was waived only for the smaller transaction. I tried a 11k transaction and GST was added to the 0.75%, which makes the total markup around 2.07%

Last edited:

varkey

TF Buzz
However, an additional Rs 17.83 was charged as surcharge.

Interesting, this morning the extra surcharge by PayZapp was refunded and credited back. So I guess it remains 1.93% premium.

I added the money to PayZapp wallet with a BoB Eterna, so 3.75% cashback. Still net positive.

rsivva

TF Select
This is true. I made a test payment of Rs 1500, the PG charges of 0.75% (not GST) was added and Rs 1511.25 was shown as transaction amount. However, an additional Rs 17.83 was charged as surcharge.

Edit - Looks like GST for 0.75% was waived only for the smaller transaction. I tried a 11k transaction and GST was added to the 0.75%, which makes the total markup around 2.07%
Any other way to add funds using credit card with low charges?

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
any one used snapdeal rupay to pay NPS? are we getting same 2.5 % for nps as well.
need to pay 50k
Yes, per the users here (last post Aug23). Try with small amount. Also, max 33k per month applicable as reward capping.

Also, found this gem which lists many cards which are giving points by @helloworld: Can we make this thread as wiki? @vaibhav111 with this info?

1707968339014.png

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Yes, per the users here (last post Aug23). Try with small amount. Also, max 33k per month applicable as reward capping.

Also, found this gem which lists many cards which are giving points by @helloworld: Can we make this thread as wiki? @vaibhav111 with this info?

1707968339014.png
Sure will change thread type to wiki. His comment will need to edited to the top then.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.