• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for NPS Contribution

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Waynoway

TF Buzz
Last update: 10-04-24
  • HDFC : Milestone benefits only ✅
  • HSBC Cashback: 0% ✅
  • AMEX Gold Charge: 1 MR/50 + Milestone benefits ✅
  • AMEX SmartEarn/ MRCC: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith+: 1% + Milestone benefits ✅
  • ICICI APay: 1% ✅
  • SC Smart: 2% ✅
  • SC Ultimate: 2% (Govt. transaction)
Note: Mostly other cards from same bank works with varied reward rate and similar rule of exclusion.

Tip: IDFC, IndusInd, BOB provides better rewards using payzapp like prepaid card load (MCC: wallet) which you can use to pay NPS compared to direct payment where you'll get from 0.25% to 0.8% only on these cards.

For NPS payments MCC: 9399 (Govt. Services)

Do check both payment gateways Razorpay and Billdesk (above values are according to Billdesk gateway).

Also, do share missing cards rewards that you tried, will update accordingly.

PG Charges (with GST) on NPS website/app:
  • VISA, Mastercard & AMEX = 0.885% (0.75% + GST)
Note: Above are for TIER 1. TIER 2 disabled credit card payments (based on latest available options).

If in doubt, always try test transaction and confirm with support. Things may chage any time, proceed with caution.

Last edited by a moderator:

helloworld

TF Legend
I needed cashback. 1.5 to 2.5 % is quite good for me. I don't have any interest in milestones calculating etc.

one example..

others also available but need some interest. also, none of them need huge milestone calculation, its same like idfc where you need to cross 30k milestone for higher below for normal. Same rule for these banks, not like magnus calculation. a simple basic, if achieved higher.

whole point is you considered idfc is only card provide rewards, I'm saying there are others. If not interested, wealth itself will do good upto 30k, 1.5% and more 2.5% ( for 60k spends, your avg. 2% only and it needs more to get 2.5%).

Thank you. The whole purpose of me getting IDFC wealth card is for govt. services where no card is rewarding.

Also, on going AU offer provides 2 to 3%.

HumorSimpson

TF Legend
Also, on going AU offer provides 2 to 3%.
I did my research. AU only good if one has predictive expense every month. I don't have NPS. But some other govt spends like advance tax , school fee etc which are sporadic and for my limits IDFC wealth fits.
whole point is you considered idfc is only card provide rewards, I'm saying there are others. If not interested, wealth itself will do good upto 30k, 1.5% and more 2.5% ( for 60k spends, your avg. 2% only and it needs more to get 2.5%).
I never said IDFC is the only one. I said IDFC wealth CB is 1.5 - 2.5 % in response to someone who said it's 1%.

Bhanu Agarwal

TF Premier
Correct. Even I got the full points in May23 with wealth card. So just wanted to see why he has denied it so confidently.
I read this somewhere that govt transactions, rent & bla bla... will earn 1x point only.
Speaking from experience? Or is it mentioned in tnc?
Never tried.

But still loading balance over payzapp wallet then paying is better --> as charges are 0.6..% + 18% GST.
But few people reported with credit card it will be 0.90% + 18% GST

Rs.50,000 + Rs.531 --> as per 0.9%
Rs.50,000 + Rs.354 --> as per 0.6% (approx.)

Saving anything is better if can

Last edited:

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I read this somewhere that govt transactions, rent & bla bla... will earn 1x point only.

Never tried.

But still loading balance over payzapp wallet then paying is better --> as charges are 0.6..% + 18% GST.

It gives points as I said. Do you mind deleting the earlier comment to avoid confusing others?

its_karan

TF Ace
I am talking about CC not banks. For govt. services like prop tax, income taxes etc IDFC wealth is the only one rewarding for me.

Never tried.

Hey @Bhanu Agarwal @techt , Have you checked or do you know whether ICICI provides 1% cashback for:

1. APay ICICI to NPS
  2. APay ICICI to PayZapp Prepaid Card and then to NPS?
I have Billdesk and RazorPay as gateways. The cheapest for me would be Apay to PayZapp and then use it to pay to NPS. And pay the APay from HDFC DC. This only works if ICICI provides 1 % on adding 50,000 to PayZapp.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.