• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for NPS Contribution

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Waynoway

TF Buzz
Last update: 10-04-24
  • HDFC : Milestone benefits only ✅
  • HSBC Cashback: 0% ✅
  • AMEX Gold Charge: 1 MR/50 + Milestone benefits ✅
  • AMEX SmartEarn/ MRCC: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith+: 1% + Milestone benefits ✅
  • ICICI APay: 1% ✅
  • SC Smart: 2% ✅
  • SC Ultimate: 2% (Govt. transaction)
Note: Mostly other cards from same bank works with varied reward rate and similar rule of exclusion.

Tip: IDFC, IndusInd, BOB provides better rewards using payzapp like prepaid card load (MCC: wallet) which you can use to pay NPS compared to direct payment where you'll get from 0.25% to 0.8% only on these cards.

For NPS payments MCC: 9399 (Govt. Services)

Do check both payment gateways Razorpay and Billdesk (above values are according to Billdesk gateway).

Also, do share missing cards rewards that you tried, will update accordingly.

PG Charges (with GST) on NPS website/app:
  • VISA, Mastercard & AMEX = 0.885% (0.75% + GST)
Note: Above are for TIER 1. TIER 2 disabled credit card payments (based on latest available options).

If in doubt, always try test transaction and confirm with support. Things may chage any time, proceed with caution.

Last edited by a moderator:

harmonizer97

TF Buzz
Hey @Bhanu Agarwal @techt , Have you checked or do you know whether ICICI provides 1% cashback for:

1. APay ICICI to NPS
  2. APay ICICI to PayZapp Prepaid Card and then to NPS?
I have Billdesk and RazorPay as gateways. The cheapest for me would be Apay to PayZapp and then use it to pay to NPS. And pay the APay from HDFC DC. This only works if ICICI provides 1 % on adding 50,000 to PayZapp.
Can confirm AmazonPay ICICI gives 1% cashback on loading the PayZapp prepaid card.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-16 045148.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-16 045148.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 29

helloworld

TF Legend
Is NPS calculated for Milestone benefits on Regalia Gold? I am not looking for reward points or cash back, I am interested only at milestone benefits.

For DCB they calculated, so hopefully same system will apply here. If its a big transaction, do check with support once for a word but I think it will consider for milestone and annual fee waiver. No hands on experience on this card, do check others if needed.

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I read this somewhere that govt transactions, rent & bla bla... will earn 1x point only.

Never tried.

But still loading balance over payzapp wallet then paying is better --> as charges are 0.6..% + 18% GST.
But few people reported with credit card it will be 0.90% + 18% GST

Rs.50,000 + Rs.531 --> as per 0.9%
Rs.50,000 + Rs.354 --> as per 0.6% (approx.)

Saving anything is better if can

I tried contributing using the Payzapp prepaid card but the charges are still 0.75%+GST. Same as that of credit card is there any other way to get reduced rate?

dipu_5

TF Buzz
I tried contributing using the Payzapp prepaid card but the charges are still 0.75%+GST. Same as that of credit card is there any other way to get reduced rate?
Yes, charges seem to be 0.75% + GST. My transaction was getting declined by Payzapp giving insufficient balance error in spite of having sufficient balance...customer care suggested to try again later stating some technical issue....weird

Enthusiast

TF Premier
Yes, charges seem to be 0.75% + GST. My transaction was getting declined by Payzapp giving insufficient balance error in spite of having sufficient balance...customer care suggested to try again later stating some technical issue....weird
Same issue for me...but the customer care is saying...there will be additional charges for that transaction more than the 0.75% + GST...he is not telling the additional amount but suggesting me to add some amount and try again...

dipu_5

TF Buzz
Same issue for me...but the customer care is saying...there will be additional charges for that transaction more than the 0.75% + GST...he is not telling the additional amount but suggesting me to add some amount and try again...
yes, that's absurd, all the charges should be transparent and known upfront.

its_karan

TF Ace
Has anyone very recently used ApayICICI for NPS Tier 1 on KFintech? Is it giving 1% or not? Please confirm or check anyone. Thanks.

• NPS CRA: KfinTech
  • Tier I
  • Card: Amazon Pay ICICI
  • PG:Billdesk

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.