• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for NPS Contribution

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Waynoway

TF Buzz
Last update: 10-04-24
  • HDFC : Milestone benefits only ✅
  • HSBC Cashback: 0% ✅
  • AMEX Gold Charge: 1 MR/50 + Milestone benefits ✅
  • AMEX SmartEarn/ MRCC: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith+: 1% + Milestone benefits ✅
  • ICICI APay: 1% ✅
  • SC Smart: 2% ✅
  • SC Ultimate: 2% (Govt. transaction)
Note: Mostly other cards from same bank works with varied reward rate and similar rule of exclusion.

Tip: IDFC, IndusInd, BOB provides better rewards using payzapp like prepaid card load (MCC: wallet) which you can use to pay NPS compared to direct payment where you'll get from 0.25% to 0.8% only on these cards.

For NPS payments MCC: 9399 (Govt. Services)

Do check both payment gateways Razorpay and Billdesk (above values are according to Billdesk gateway).

Also, do share missing cards rewards that you tried, will update accordingly.

PG Charges (with GST) on NPS website/app:
  • VISA, Mastercard & AMEX = 0.885% (0.75% + GST)
Note: Above are for TIER 1. TIER 2 disabled credit card payments (based on latest available options).

If in doubt, always try test transaction and confirm with support. Things may chage any time, proceed with caution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Last update: 01-02-24
  • BOB Eterna: 0.375% ✅
  • AMEX Gold Charge: 1 MR / 50 + Milestone benefits ✅
  • AU Zenith: 1.25% + Milestone benefits ✅
Note: Mostly other cards from same bank works with varied reward rate.

Tip: IDFC, IndusInd, BOB provides better rewards using payzapp like prepaid card load (MCC: wallet) which you can use to pay NPS compared to direct payment where you'll get from 0.25% to 0.8% only on these cards.

For NPS payments MCC: 9399

Do check both payment gateways Razorpay and Billdesk (above values are according to Billdesk gateway).

NPS Charges (with GST) on NPS website/app:
  • VISA, Mastercard & AMEX = 0.885%
Note: Above are for TIER 1, TIER 2 disabled credit card payments (based on latest available options).

If in doubt, alway try test transaction and confirm with support. Things may chage any time, proceed with caution.
scb ult also will give +ve rewards

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
not recommended. let me know which options can we redeem those +ve rewards, because those vouchers failrly useless and not needed, in general.
Marriott / ITC / Allen Solly / Titan.. many more... here ppl transfer points to marriott so you can easily buy the voucher at 1rs value ??? Amex ppl get luxury options.. SCB also gives.. everything is not amz / fk.. each to his own!

helloworld

TF Legend
Marriott / ITC / Allen Solly / Titan.. many more... here ppl transfer points to marriott so you can easily buy the voucher at 1rs value ??? Amex ppl get luxury options.. SCB also gives.. everything is not amz / fk.. each to his own!

T&Cs of these vouchers (not talking about Allen Solly / Titan etc. if you have usage and believe these worth 1RP = 1Rs. you're good with the card redemption options, many available and free to use) for ITC says, thse can be redeemed for luxary 5* hotels like ITC Grand hotels only not for Storii etc..

1708322659102.png
These prices are not 10k per night but 25k+ night.

Allen Solly, I consider 1RP = 0.60p easily with outside available options, then reward rate is 2% which in normal case (you have use case here, but like me) not required or won't go if not for vouchers and may spend elsewhere where its useful.

everything is not amz/fk.. but same way everything not worth redeem and/or consider 1RP = 1Rs. just because they say so..

There are people who use Uber etc. vouchers which I think match their day 2 day or preferred usage not force to spend because no other option or because they have voucher.

I'm not saying Amex is best for everyone but certainly giving 3 or 4 options to users based on their flexibility of redemption.. same I can't guarantee for SCU (which 2 years back I say it has 3 or 4 options).

Atleast my preferences not available with SCU. I took the card and spend to redeem against Croma and 2 other options which removed, continued spends and thought to redeem VijaySales which again removed along with 3 other options, then Vistara which come and go frequently, finally had 35k points no idea what to redeem because if I redeem on thse 1RP hotel then I have to spend atleast 15k per night extra along with voucher, which usually provide hotel in alterantive hotel with similaar category, IMO.

Also, you need to have 10k and multiples of 10k points to redeem these vouchers which can get only after spending 3L spends (in last 2 years, there is only 1 offer to get extra 7000 points otherwise everything else 5 per 150), which I do not think recommended for everyone or pay + points further reduces points value.

If you have really use case, you may use but otherwise its still not recommended to spend your valuable monthly spends on this card.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
T&Cs of these vouchers (not talking about Allen Solly / Titan etc. if you have usage and believe these worth 1RP = 1Rs. you're good with the card redemption options, many available and free to use) for ITC says, thse can be redeemed for luxary 5* hotels like ITC Grand hotels only not for Storii etc..

1708322659102.png
These prices are not 10k per night but 25k+ night.

Allen Solly, I consider 1RP = 0.60p easily with outside available options, then reward rate is 2% which in normal case (you have use case here, but like me) not required or won't go if not for vouchers and may spend elsewhere where its useful.

everything is not amz/fk.. but same way everything not worth redeem and/or consider 1RP = 1Rs. just because they say so..

There are people who use Uber etc. vouchers which I think match their day 2 day or preferred usage not force to spend because no other option or because they have voucher.

I'm not saying Amex is best for everyone but certainly giving 3 or 4 options to users based on their flexibility of redemption.. same I can't guarantee for SCU (which 2 years back I say it has 3 or 4 options).

Atleast my preferences not available with SCU. I took the card and spend to redeem against Croma and 2 other options which removed, continued spends and thought to redeem VijaySales which again removed along with 3 other options, then Vistara which come and go frequently, finally had 35k points no idea what to redeem because if I redeem on thse 1RP hotel then I have to spend atleast 15k per night extra along with voucher, which usually provide hotel in alterantive hotel with similaar category, IMO.

Also, you need to have 10k and multiples of 10k points to redeem these vouchers which can get only after spending 3L spends (in last 2 years, there is only 1 offer to get extra 7000 points otherwise everything else 5 per 150), which I do not think recommended for everyone or pay + points further reduces points value.

If you have really use case, you may use but otherwise its still not recommended to spend your valuable monthly spends on this card.
wallet load / many transactions where other cards exclude, scb ult gives points.. it is the best backup card to any premium card in my view.. where the main card is not usable.. SCB ULT comes in.. it has benefitted me a lot.. eg..saves trouble of carrying many many cards and deciding everytime on which card to use.. NPS / Utilities / Wallet load are some examples.. Anyways like i said each to his own.. Your views are from your perspective and need to be respected.. thxx

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
wallet load / many transactions where other cards exclude, scb ult gives points.. it is the best backup card to any premium card in my view.. where the main card is not usable.. SCB ULT comes in.. it has benefitted me a lot.. eg..saves trouble of carrying many many cards and deciding everytime on which card to use.. NPS / Utilities / Wallet load are some examples.. Anyways like i said each to his own.. Your views are from your perspective and need to be respected.. thxx
I partly agree and have been using the card now for last 1 yr. However the reduction in the options of utilizing the pts is really coming to hurt now. Uber also is not there. There is no GV for lets sayd a grocery shopping or any good lifestyle purchase that middle class looks at. The redemptions should be practical. The card has best usage applicability with almost no restrictions in any way anywhere but soon devolving into one of the poorest redemptions for a super premium card. Sad state

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I partly agree and have been using the card now for last 1 yr. However the reduction in the options of utilizing the pts is really coming to hurt now. Uber also is not there. There is no GV for lets sayd a grocery shopping or any good lifestyle purchase that middle class looks at. The redemptions should be practical. The card has best usage applicability with almost no restrictions in any way anywhere but soon devolving into one of the poorest redemptions for a super premium card. Sad state
will improve for sure... i am holding on to points..

its_karan

TF Ace
Last update: 01-02-24
  • BOB Eterna: 0.375% ✅
  • AMEX Gold Charge: 1 MR / 50 + Milestone benefits ✅
  • AU Zenith: 1.25% + Milestone benefits ✅
  • SC Ultimate: 2% (Govt. transaction)
Note: Mostly other cards from same bank works with varied reward rate.

For NPS payments MCC: 9399

Note: Above are for TIER 1, TIER 2 disabled credit card payments (based on latest available options).

If in doubt, alway try test transaction and confirm with support. Things may chage any time, proceed with caution.
9399: This MCC is also for Delhi Metro.

However, they add a 1% MDR on Apay ICICI Card when I pay through it, post 2 days after the transaction.

I don't suppose that's the case with NPS

But to be sure, Has anybody recently paid through Apay ICICI and can share screenshot of statement hiding the private details or share
for a 50k transaction
  • the exact amount paid and
  • rewards as per the statement
  • any MDR added post transaction
thanks

Last edited:

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
9399: This MCC is also for Delhi Metro.

However, they add a 1% MDR on Apay ICICI Card when I pay through it, post 2 days after the transaction.

I don't suppose that's the case with NPS

But to be sure, Has anybody recently paid through Apay ICICI and can share screenshot of statement hiding the private details or share
for a 50k transaction
  • the exact amount paid and
  • rewards as per the statement
  • any MDR added post transaction
thanks
How do you recharge metro card? I dont remember there is any charge on using for government transaction. Its maybe the platform that charges.
Secondly, there is no need to do 50k transaction, you can test yourself with 1k.

its_karan

TF Ace
ICICI APay: 1% ✅
there is no need to do 50k transaction, you can test yourself with 1k.

Update for using APay ICICI Card on KfinTech's website

I was shown total Rs561.54 charges for a Rs50,000 investment using the Card
That's 1.122%

The merchant name is XBCMFNPSK

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-23 at 09.38.58_81b9ac77.jpg
1708661765040.png
1708661707065.png

I thought of doing a test transaction of 1k.
Then I will have to pay 2.5% as charges
(KFintechs are very costly mode of Investment into NPS)

Has anybody recently paid through Apay ICICI and can share screenshot of statement hiding the private details or share
for a 50k transaction?

Would be very helpful

Last edited:

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

That's 1.122%

1708661765040.png
1708661707065.png

Has anybody recently paid through Apay ICICI and can share screenshot of statement hiding the private details or share
for a 50k transaction?

Would be very helpful
Kfintech charges are higher than nsdl. Within nsdl also there is some difference between different bank pg. Canara was lower if i remember correctly. Dont use the ones which show no charges, they will appear later (hdfc).

HumorSimpson

TF Legend
Kfintech charges are higher than nsdl. Within nsdl also there is some difference between different bank pg. Canara was lower if i remember correctly. Dont use the ones which show no charges, they will appear later (hdfc).
You are right. Canara was once the lowest. Now Kotak and some other are lowest at 0.8%.

HDFC is 0.75 for their ccs and none of their ccs reward tax payments. So, this does not count.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

That's 1.122%

1708661765040.png
1708661707065.png

for a 50k transaction?

Would be very helpful
2 questions
1) why 2.5% on 1k? Do they have minimum slab?
2)which platform for metro recharge did you use?

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.