• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best credit card for income tax payment

Ltcg of around 3l
Sold in August
Do i need to pay 3l full before sep 15th? Or before 31st march?
Any CA can comment pls reg this advance tax
Advance tax upto sept 15 to be paid is upto 45% of total tax liability (total tax less TDS) so you don't need to pay full tax on 3L LTCG before sept 15.

Subtract 1L from your total 24-25 LTCG and calculate 10% (not assuming the budget changes right now) and pay 45% of that 10%. So say 3L - 1L exempt so 2L*10% is 20k and 45% so pay 9k by sept15

Last edited:
Check again sometimes it gets refunded on settlement if they deduct convenience fees twice

Used Yes Reserv (3x subscription) to get 2.5% rewards and additional 1% HDFC platinum DC payment rewards
In net 3.5% - 0.9% (HDFC gateway charge) = 2.6% gain

Advance tax upto sept 15 to be paid is upto 45% of total tax liability (total tax less TDS) so you don't need to pay full tax on 3L LTCG before sept 15.

Subtract 1L from your total 24-25 LTCG and calculate 10% (not assuming the budget changes right now) and pay 45% of that 10%. So say 3L - 1L exempt so 2L*10% is 20k and 45% so okay ok by sept15
Thanks for the working dude👍
So that 12.5% what sita ji said is not applicable this year?

Link to the thread? Unable to search

I remember seeing it. For government taxes, effectively 0.25% and hence I passed it.

I remember seeing it. For government taxes, effectively 0.25% and hence I passed it.
Largely , what we should aim for payment of govt taxes using CC is:

1) Attain a small % profit.
2) Attain Fee waiver for that year for that card
3) Attain any milestone benefit(s)..

If the above three are met, then we can say operation suceess and patient is also doing fine..

Byproduct of this exercise is: Better limit enhancement offers in future from the Bank and thereby card upgrade offers as well..!! What else you want??

Enjoy..

NOTE: Cant expect huge profits for paying taxes..

Back