• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Health Insurance Practically

krishc

TF Ace
Found this Manipal Cigna Lifetime health policy through an online aggregator - offering really competitive premium rates for my parents. (min coverage 50 lakh though)
Couldn't find any obvious red flag at first glance - but attaching the docs for community's view and in case of gross oversight on my part !!

Attachments

• lifetime_brochure_global.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 41
  • lifetime-health-tnc-india-plan.pdf
    540.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: SSV

j_s

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Found this Manipal Cigna Lifetime health policy through an online aggregator - offering really competitive premium rates for my parents.
Couldn't find any obvious red flag at first glance - but attaching the docs for community's view and in case of gross oversight on my part !!
This has been quite a favourite among our clients.

Reactions: SSV

vine

TF Premier
Found this Manipal Cigna Lifetime health policy through an online aggregator - offering really competitive premium rates for my parents.
My biggest concern with smaller insurance companies is hospital network and possibility of cashless (instead of reimbursement).

amitagl27

TF Buzz
I wanted to buy a new Health Insurance for me and my parents and didn't buy yet because of confusion and over research. And now one more player "Acko" came with it's Unlimited plan and everything on the table to raise the confusion to another level.
So I though let's discuss with our experts.
Just give me 1 name(if possible) and cover amount so that I can take that without having a second thought. I know it might depend on various factors but still.
Insurance Companies are way harder to judge than credit cards.

I'll share my experience so far for parents' health insurance policies.
I've the insurance since 2015 and below is the premium paid until now:

1716230699360.png

Below is my experience with claims of Star
  1. Cashless is easy if you've planned surgery
  2. Re-imbursement is tough. You've to submit physical documents to their office.
  3. Don't go with Star
Few suggestions:
  1. Buy insurance as soon as possible since after 8 years mortarium gets activated, which is a good thing. https://www.livemint.com/money/pers...eriod-in-health-insurance-11713941940251.html
  2. Take parents insurance separate and yours separate
  3. I've checked with around 5 hospital insurance desk in Hyderabad and all of them agree on below
    1. Corporate Insurance is the easiest to get pre-approval
    2. HDFC Ergo comes second for all cashless settlements. They don't even deduct un-necessarily and mostly pay the full bill (if you've taken consumables etc riders)
    3. Niva Bupa was good until 2022 but the cashless settlements are difficult in last 2 years for Niva Bupa
    4. Star is the worst for any type of settlement.
  4. Talk to @ditto guys and explain them your requirements. They are the best. They suggested me to not switch in 2023 when I had issues with Star and I was planning to port. They told me mortarium will be activated next year and they cannot deny any claim. If you port now it will activate some un-necessary clause and your claims might get rejected (my mother got a heart condition since last 3 years).

**HDFC ergo premium is a bit on a higher side, but I would suggest to go for it since claims settlement and cashless approvals are smooth.

krishc

TF Ace
I'll share my experience so far for parents' health insurance policies.
I've the insurance since 2015 and below is the premium paid until now:

1716230699360.png

Below is my experience with claims of Star
  1. Cashless is easy if you've planned surgery
  2. Re-imbursement is tough. You've to submit physical documents to their office.
  3. Don't go with Star
Few suggestions:
  1. Buy insurance as soon as possible since after 8 years mortarium gets activated, which is a good thing. https://www.livemint.com/money/pers...eriod-in-health-insurance-11713941940251.html
  2. Take parents insurance separate and yours separate
  3. I've checked with around 5 hospital insurance desk in Hyderabad and all of them agree on below
    1. Corporate Insurance is the easiest to get pre-approval
    2. HDFC Ergo comes second for all cashless settlements. They don't even deduct un-necessarily and mostly pay the full bill (if you've taken consumables etc riders)
    3. Niva Bupa was good until 2022 but the cashless settlements are difficult in last 2 years for Niva Bupa
    4. Star is the worst for any type of settlement.
  4. Talk to @ditto guys and explain them your requirements. They are the best. They suggested me to not switch in 2023 when I had issues with Star and I was planning to port. They told me mortarium will be activated next year and they cannot deny any claim. If you port now it will activate some un-necessary clause and your claims might get rejected (my mother got a heart condition since last 3 years).

**HDFC ergo premium is a bit on a higher side, but I would suggest to go for it since claims settlement and cashless approvals are smooth.
If I register a callback request from @ditto, do they spam like other online aggregators ?

palen

TF Premier
I have Niva Bupa/ReAssure Direct 2.0 for my parents with base cover of 10L and renewed it recently. However, I did not know about topups/super topups while purchasing. Is it possible to buy it next year (while renewing)?

amitagl27

TF Buzz
If I register a callback request from @ditto, do they spam like other online aggregators ?
they never spammed me until now. I didn't buy policy through them. Just one call for 20-30 mins and then I never heard back since we concluded I shouldn't buy/port/switch my parents health insurance.

shivamk

TF Ace
I have Niva Bupa/ReAssure Direct 2.0 for my parents with base cover of 10L and renewed it recently. However, I did not know about topups/super topups while purchasing. Is it possible to buy it next year (while renewing)?
You can purchase supper top-up anytime I think and need not wait for policy renewal

vine

TF Premier
They won't.
I have used their services 2-3 times just to make sure m onthe right track.
They will recommend 2-3 products to everyone. mostly Hdfc ergo optima secure and Niva Bupa and Care , I think.