• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Best strategy for Infinia+BizBlack+Amex Plat Travel

Separate means ?
If you are asking whether Infinia and Biz Black both have separate limits, the answer is yes!
But at the first place, why there is a doubt about it ?
Sorry my question was unclear. I wanted ask if Infinia has separate 10K limit on APAY vouchers for primary and Add-on Card holders

If phone number is same but I have both Infinia and Biz Black. Will I have separate limits on two cars?

If phone number is same but I have both Infinia and Biz Black. Will I have separate limits on two cars?
Thats what I have as well and in my opinion, it should have a separate limit but as I got the Biz Black last month only, the first statement is yet to be generated to confirm it.

HDFC usually splits the limits when giving another core card. If your existing card limit is still the same, then most likely new card has seperate limit

If phone number is same, Gyftr will give error while adding more than 10K Apay vouchers in the cart. Using the different card in checkout is the next step

It is better to use another phone number on Gyftr for separate limits of Infinia and Biz Black

Edit: Biz black will be 3X only... so it is better to use Infinia add on with different card no and different mobile no. for 5x instead of Biz Black

Thats what I have as well and in my opinion, it should have a separate limit but as I got the Biz Black last month only, the first statement is yet to be generated to confirm it.
I faced this problem in last month. I wanted to buy a mobile phone for my daughter on Amazon. I purchased 10K APAY vouchers using Infinia and another 10K Amazon Shopping vouchers. Both could not be used together then I went gytr to purcha APAY vouchers using Amex Plat, it showed limit exhausted. I didn't understand the common connection between Infinia limit and Amex Plat limit. The connection could be same mobile number. That time I did not know that add on cards have additional limits on Gyftr APAY vouchers.

Thanks for sharing valuable information

Is my understanding correct that Infinia allows reward points (RP) for direct payments on a school's website for education, but Biz Black does not?

@sourpai,

Smartbuy won't have any issue with same number and two different card - Infinia and BizBlack?
See below post...

If phone number is same, Gyftr will give error while adding more than 10K Apay vouchers in the cart. Using the different card in checkout is the next step

It is better to use another phone number on Gyftr for separate limits of Infinia and Biz Black

Edit: Biz black will be 3X only... so it is better to use Infinia add on with different card no and different mobile no. for 5x instead of Biz Black

Is my understanding correct that Infinia allows reward points (RP) for direct payments on a school's website for education, but Biz Black does not?
Old business cards from HDFC, such as business regalia etc. are excluded for earning reward points on education payments. Not sure about these new business cards. Someone needs to test this out to verify

T
HDFC account is not needed for applying add on. Go to the branch and fill the form and they will issue add on.

With HDFC account, process is online, without account process is offline
Thank you for the response . What all documents are needed in the branch if I want to get add on issued for my brother or my father ?

Ok, so for HDFC cards, here is what I have decided:

1. HDFC Infinia (both for primary and secondary cards): Purchase Amex Pay Vouchers for 20k and another 20k for either flipkart or Amazon shopping voucher, as per the requirement. Additionally, using the card for hotel or flight bookings. Total will be around 50-70k per month, depending on requirement.
Also, insurance payments, which are not available through Amazon, to be paid from this card, to get 3.33% returns.

2. HDFC Biz Black: For my Company, generally the monthly tax payments are around 3-4 Lacs but I will use this card only for tax payment for maximum of around 50K for getting 5x benefit and also to ensure that I do not overspend on CC which might attract IT notice!

3. Amex Plat Travel: This will be used alongwith HDFC Infinia for all other spends.

Let me know how it sounds to you !
Any comment on this ?
We are going off-topic a lot !!!

Can anyone confirm, how many addons one can get with Infinia / BizBlack? As far as I understand, its possible to get 3 with Infinia and 4 with BizBlack.

Also, provided each card no. (including addons) + mobile no. combination being different, does separate SmartBuy limits apply for each (both for Infinia and BizBlack?

Lastly, for BizBlack the 5X RP for tax, business spends, etc., that I understand has 7500 cap including all of its addons. Comment if otherwise.
While we are discussing, if someone can also confirm these 3 points as well.

While we are discussing, if someone can also confirm these 3 points as well.
Combined smartbuy limit for Infinia + Add ons is 15K points per month
Combined smartbuy limit for Biz Black + Add ons is 10K points per month (this is in addition to Infinia limit of 15K)

Smartbuy limit is always including all add ons for all accelerated rewards. Same is the case with Tax/GST accelerated points. Add ons do not get separate smartbuy limits

Last edited:
Back