• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Way to pay Credit Card Bill

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Guys I am redacting this post as I have been asked by the bank for non disclosure as mentioned in TnCs else my account would be suspended. They had asked me to remove this as this violates the TnC related to not getting reward points for CC payments.

Last edited by a moderator:
@AlphaCAT got his sig+ dc on 5th dec, and has done 1lac transaction, but has not received 5k voucher yet.
More than 2 lacs !! Still when I check the GYFTR link , it says not eligible for promotion !!

On website, they just mention any POS/Ecom txn but I guess POS only matters for welcome benefit.

Same issue which i am facing currently has already been faced by many members of this forum in past 6 months !!

@AlphaCAT got his sig+ dc on 5th dec, and has done 1lac transaction, but has not received 5k voucher yet.
We don't know the reason for him not getting his joining voucher, and he should probably contact customer support by now if he hasn't done so. Including me and others who hold this card can confirm it's not necessary to do a POS transaction initially. Even I was under the impression that you had to do at least one POS, but that's not the case. I got this card as recently as 13th December, did only one online transaction, and got the joining voucher; now waiting for 1k CB.

We don't know the reason for him not getting his joining voucher, and he should probably contact customer support by now if he hasn't done so. Including me and others who hold this card can confirm it's not necessary to do a POS transaction initially. Even I was under the impression that you had to do at least one POS, but that's not the case. I got this card as recently as 13th December, did only one online transaction, and got the joining voucher; now waiting for 1k CB.
I too confirm that I have received joining and monthly vouchers without any PoS transactions. In fact, I am yet to do any PoS.

You must have swiped the sig+ dc at any pos, right? Because then only you will receive the joining voucher worth 5k. In my case I received the voucher on 6th day after swiping at pos machine.
Oh.. i just did online transction only. Thnks for telling me this. Will do pos transaction today or take out money from atm

Will talk to customer care first as others have suggested too

Thanks for the info. I have to pay a bill using 3 cards, tomorrow, and was hoping they were still giving points. From your info it looks like they still are and that the delayed credit is due to the usual monthly HDFC glitches. If my memory serves me right, there has been at least one instance in the last 2 years where the points were credited after 5 days
Pay and let us know if you got points or not ??

Back