• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Way to pay Credit Card Bill

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Guys I am redacting this post as I have been asked by the bank for non disclosure as mentioned in TnCs else my account would be suspended. They had asked me to remove this as this violates the TnC related to not getting reward points for CC payments.

Last edited by a moderator:
so HDFC millenia DC is more rewarding (2.5 % CB) then Easy shop platinum DC (1% CB) on HDFC cc billpay ? is this right or am i missing something
As told before millennia dc gives max ₹400 cashback per month @2.5%
So it's only useful if your monthly bill is less than 16k. (2.5% of 16k is 400).
And for that ₹400 you have to wait 90 days (obviously if you pay 16k every month you will start receiving ₹400 cashback every month from the 4th month)

On the other hand visa platinum gives 1% upto ₹750 and cashback is credited within 2-5 days.

Can someone share steps and website to use hdfc billpay . Never tried it before
Check BillPay option in netbanking/Mobile app. There you need to add New biller as credit card. Once biller is added, then pay CC bill after 24 hours as there is some cooldown period for newly added biller. Use debit card as payment method and pay through HDFC Platinum/Millennia debit card to get CB.

Check BillPay option in netbanking/Mobile app. There you need to add New biller as credit card. Once biller is added, then pay CC bill after 24 hours as there is some cooldown period for newly added biller. Use debit card as payment method and pay through HDFC Platinum/Millennia debit card to get CB.
@VISHESH_BANSAL @D₹V Hi guys, Can't see debit card option in hdfc bill pay portal. Where to get 2.5% cb now?
Is paytm still giving?

Update: Reinstated

Last edited:
Yes, load paytm wallet using Millenia which gives 1% and then pay CC bill using money in wallet.
Can’t we directly pay cc bill via debit card in Paytm and get millennia reward? Or is it mandatory to load wallet first? Also, will RBI restrictions from march 1 cause any issues? Thanks. cc: @S S V

Can’t we directly pay cc bill via debit card in Paytm and get millennia reward?
I don't know. Haven't tried that. The thing with Millenia is that the cashback is received after 3 months, any experiment that you do, you have to wait for 3 months to see if it's working (unless someone here has done and confirms). So I play safe and load around 40k a month in wallet and use from there.
I won't be able to do this after paytm stops accepting money in wallet. I'm shifting to billpay for payments then. Only thing is, it can't be used to pay HDFC CC bill.

I don't know. Haven't tried that. The thing with Millenia is that the cashback is received after 3 months, any experiment that you do, you have to wait for 3 months to see if it's working (unless someone here has done and confirms). So I play safe and load around 40k a month in wallet and use from there.
I won't be able to do this after paytm stops accepting money in wallet. I'm shifting to billpay for payments then. Only thing is, it can't be used to pay HDFC CC bill.
Yes, that’s my issue as well. Need to pay HDFC cc bill. For others there’s always HDFC bill pay

Yes, that’s my issue as well. Need to pay HDFC cc bill. For others there’s always HDFC bill pay
So, I've come to know that HDFC Billpay gives 2.5% cashback on CC payment using Millenia DC and the maximum you get in a month is Rs 400 which means a bill of 16000 is enough. You can cover that by paying for another CC. For HDFC CC just pay directly.

So, I've come to know that HDFC Billpay gives 2.5% cashback on CC payment using Millenia DC and the maximum you get in a month is Rs 400 which means a bill of 16000 is enough. You can cover that by paying for another CC. For HDFC CC just pay directly.
Directly means, with millennia dc on Paytm?

Can’t we directly pay cc bill via debit card in Paytm and get millennia reward? Or is it mandatory to load wallet first? Also, will RBI restrictions from march 1 cause any issues? Thanks. cc: @S S V
Although I never owned millennia DC, I don’t see any issue directly paying cc bill via paytm.. L you don’t need to load the wallet first../
Let me see t&cs of milllenia dc. @varun__goel_ the rising star …?

Any debit card that gives points for paying cc bill through phonepe? I have around 30k onecard bill. Paytm is not supporting this month for some unknown reason.

Does paytm provide facility to pay all credit card bills together? Like if two cards have bills of 20k and 10k each. Then I can pay 30k at once and it will settle bills for both cards.

Back