• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Way to pay Credit Card Bill

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Guys I am redacting this post as I have been asked by the bank for non disclosure as mentioned in TnCs else my account would be suspended. They had asked me to remove this as this violates the TnC related to not getting reward points for CC payments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure. Do you have any other scripts running?

If not --->Starting Point
I got that up and running but it is for Axis and I don't have Magnus etc.

Anywhere I can copy your modifications for Indus Debit Cards?

Thinking to open savings account with indus. I can maintain up to 75K AMB. Which variant should I open and can I get same benefits? with that account debit card.

Thinking to open savings account with indus. I can maintain up to 75K AMB. Which variant should I open and can I get same benefits? with that account debit card.
Go for Select account and don't open it online, better to open it with your nearest branch. You will get almost similar benefits like Exclusive account.

You will only get points for MC cards on mobikwik or cheq
Indeed, I used your script to cross-check and see that for Visa Infinite Card used on Mobikwik - no points credited.

But is that basis some exclusion anywhere? Worth taking it up with Customer Care over email?
MasterCard doesn't work on Paytm.

MC and Visa both works on Mobikwik
For me, with Visa on Mobikwik - no points credited.

Recently paid a bill of 74k for the Magnus via HDFC billpay and it settled in 2 days. Did they improve the settlement time or something? 😍

Indeed, I used your script to cross-check and see that for Visa Infinite Card used on Mobikwik - no points credited.

But is that basis some exclusion anywhere? Worth taking it up with Customer Care over email?

Points you see on the sheet is based on the eligibility flag in rewards sheet. If it is Y it will count, if it N it wont.
There is no way to know actual individual points. I check them towards the month end to cross check based on total spend vs total points credited.
FYI I only have cc bill payments with my indus cards

Script also wont track atm withdrawals

Points you see on the sheet is based on the eligibility flag in rewards sheet. If it is Y it will count, if it N it wont.
There is no way to know actual individual points. I check them towards the month end to cross check based on total spend vs total points credited.

I don't have any "rewards sheet". I just used the custom function to calculate on cumulative spends.

Yes - my use case is also CC Bill payment for these cards.

Other usage is via UPI transactions.

I think it's better to do small transaction first. And I also got the same information from this forum only that others have got points using their Visa card. After I receive my debit card will confirm the same.

Best is to check monthly Statement received on E-Mail.

Monthly Statement reflects how much points you earned for last month txns Card wise.

Last edited:
Back