• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Way to pay Credit Card Bill

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Guys I am redacting this post as I have been asked by the bank for non disclosure as mentioned in TnCs else my account would be suspended. They had asked me to remove this as this violates the TnC related to not getting reward points for CC payments.

Last edited by a moderator:
So from what I have read in this thread,
1. Paying CC bill using the master world DC gives the cashback on mobikwik but didn't work on paytm. Can anyone list all the working combos of variant and apps?
2. Only use the Select DC to pay CC bills when they are over 1.12L to get max 0.93 rate. And paying less amounts like 40k gives lower reward rate like 0.5. Pls confirm

So from what I have read in this thread,
1. Paying CC bill using the master world DC gives the cashback on mobikwik but didn't work on paytm. Can anyone list all the working combos of variant and apps?
2. Only use the Select DC to pay CC bills when they are over 1.12L to get max 0.93 rate. And paying less amounts like 40k gives lower reward rate like 0.5. Pls confirm

Working Combos:

For-Indus EXCLUSIVE/SELECT VISA
Use Paytm or Mobikwik or Cred only.

For Indus EXCLUSIVE/SELECT MC
use Cheq or Mobikwik only.

Check this post and it will be clearer for you:

Thread 'Best Way to pay Credit Card Bill 0.93%- 1% reward (IndusInd- 0.93% and HDFC- 1%) Debit Card' https://www.technofino.in/community...ard-indusind-0-93-and-hdfc-1-debit-card.4373/

Working Combos:

For-Indus EXCLUSIVE/SELECT VISA
Use Paytm or Mobikwik or Cred only.

For Indus EXCLUSIVE/SELECT MC
use Cheq or Mobikwik only.

Check this post and it will be clearer for you:

Thread 'Best Way to pay Credit Card Bill 0.93%- 1% reward (IndusInd- 0.93% and HDFC- 1%) Debit Card' https://www.technofino.in/community...ard-indusind-0-93-and-hdfc-1-debit-card.4373/
Got it. Thanks
Will use mobikwik for both DC as anyway I am using it to pay CC bills using my HDFC Plat DC

I paid axis card bill on 21 using platinum dc via hdfc bill pay but cashback is not credited till now
Earlier it take 1 or 2 days

I have read few pages of this thread and my confusion and curiosity keeps growing 😅

I have a legend cc, I tried opening an account online but keep getting an error to visit the branch.

I am in a tier 2 city currently with 1 Indus branch.

Should I go to them or any trick to get the account online itself.

Also what do u guys suggest I should follow as I already have legend and I may face that account linkage issue.

Also Lastly what will be the initial funding for select account and any account freeze period ?

I have read few pages of this thread and my confusion and curiosity keeps growing 😅

I have a legend cc, I tried opening an account online but keep getting an error to visit the branch.

I am in a tier 2 city currently with 1 Indus branch.

Should I go to them or any trick to get the account online itself.

Also what do u guys suggest I should follow as I already have legend and I may face that account linkage issue.

Also Lastly what will be the initial funding for select account and any account freeze period ?
It's advisable not to open a Select or higher variant account online. It's better to visit a branch in person as the employees there will be more willing to assist you in case any issues arise. Additionally, since you already have an existing relationship with them, that might be why you are encountering the error to visit the branch. Make sure to inform them about this error; otherwise, they might complicate matters by opening a new CIF for you.

The initial funding amount depends on the branch's location, typically ranging from 50k to 100k. The duration of the debit freeze will depend on how efficient your RM is in handling such matters. Hopefully, there won't be any complications when your account is opened. In my case, it took a little over 4 weeks and I am not saying it will take the same time for you, but if everything is in order typically it should take 3-4 days, but again it may vary depending on your issues. I hope this addresses all your questions.

It's advisable not to open a Select or higher variant account online. It's better to visit a branch in person as the employees there will be more willing to assist you in case any issues arise. Additionally, since you already have an existing relationship with them, that might be why you are encountering the error to visit the branch. Make sure to inform them about this error; otherwise, they might complicate matters by opening a new CIF for you.

The initial funding amount depends on the branch's location, typically ranging from 50k to 100k. The duration of the debit freeze will depend on how efficient your RM is in handling such matters. Hopefully, there won't be any complications when your account is opened. In my case, it took a little over 4 weeks and I am not saying it will take the same time for you, but if everything is in order typically it should take 3-4 days, but again it may vary depending on your issues. I hope this addresses all your questions.
Thanks a lot, yes answers all my questions and all doubts cleared.

Back