• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Way to pay Credit Card Bill

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Guys I am redacting this post as I have been asked by the bank for non disclosure as mentioned in TnCs else my account would be suspended. They had asked me to remove this as this violates the TnC related to not getting reward points for CC payments.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the thread I understand that we can use HDFC platinum card either on HDFC Bank app bill pay or on mobikwik or on payzapp to get the cashback...
Please let me know if my understanding is correct...

Thanks
Right.

Through Payzapp you can't pay the bill directly, first load wallet(either by DC or CC, people usually use CC) and then you pay the bill that too only for Kotak and BOB CC.

Mobikwik is the most versatile one. You can go ahead just with one problem of 20k cap per transaction.

HDFC Bill Pay is also pretty good with one problem that you have to add the biller and wait for some time and another problem is you can't pay IDFC and HDFC CC Bill and may be some other banks as well.

My suggestion would be to start from HDFC Bill Pay then go to Mobikwik and then you can try Payzapp as last option.

Right.

Through Payzapp you can't pay the bill directly, first load wallet(either by DC or CC, people usually use CC) and then you pay the bill that too only for Kotak and BOB CC.

Mobikwik is the most versatile one. You can go ahead just with one problem of 20k cap per transaction.

HDFC Bill Pay is also pretty good with one problem that you have to add the biller and wait for some time and another problem is you can't pay IDFC and HDFC CC Bill and may be some other banks as well.

My suggestion would be to start from HDFC Bill Pay then go to Mobikwik and then you can try Payzapp as last option.
Thanks 👍

HDFC:
Most of us know that the best way to pay Bills for the Credit Card is the HDFC Bill Pay Portal, it allows us 1% reward rate for max 750 per month.
A person has to use the HDFC Bill pay portal via Netbanking/Mobile Banking for the same. (Using Easyshop Platinum Debit Card)

IndusInd:
The second best way is premium Indusind Debit Cards, i.e., Select/Exclusive Debit Card, it offers upto 0.93% reward rate and could be beneficial for those who frequently exhaust the HDFC limit,
Note: Paytm does not accept the mastercard variant of these cards, so in my experience Mobikwik does and gives the reward. For Visa Variant, paytm would work.
Unlike HDFC, Indusind offers incremental rewards for Credit Card payment, the rewards you get are (Brackets for total monthly spend):

Spend 5k - 0.35% - Rs 17
Spend 10k - 0.43% - Rs 43
Spend 20k - 0.56% - Rs 112
Spend 30k - 0.67% - Rs 201
Spend 40k - 0.72% - Rs 288
Spend 50k - 0.78% - Rs 390
Spend 60k - 0.83% - Rs 500
Spend 80k - 0.88% - Rs 704
Spend 100k - 0.92% - Rs 920
Spend 112.5k (Max) - 0.93% - Rs 1050
Here the max limit for Cashback is Rs 1050 a month as a person can get max 3000 reward points (1 RP= Rs 0.35)
And what is the best option for hdfc credit card? Mobikwik or paytm?

I tried paying CC bills using HDFC plat DC through both Paytm and PayZapp bill pay portal but didn't get any cash back it's been over 15 days..
Is this still method still working for getting cashback.?

Mobikwik via plat dc is not fetching any points , 5 days have already gone

Usually start of the week points would be credited
I paid the CC bill using Mobikwik via plat dc on 9th july and received the cashback today i.e. 11th July as usual.. which card bill did you pay through DC?

i am trying to pay cc bill on paytm using indusind visa signature but getting error that card in not supported , i already paid bill using same card last month.

I have a Visa Signature card, and recently applied for MC World DC from branch. But the branch folks were saying I can only have one active DC. Anyone faced the same and any workaround? I have not yet activated the MC card.

I have a Visa Signature card, and recently applied for MC World DC from branch. But the branch folks were saying I can only have one active DC. Anyone faced the same and any workaround? I have not yet activated the MC card.
As usual they have zero knowledge, just ignore them and activate your 2nd card.

Contact customer care instead. Branch people neither have updated information nor they try to understand what customer has to say.
I have got the Visa Signature DC when opened an account, later applied for MC World & Visa Platinum DC's through customer care and received both.

Contact customer care instead. Branch people neither have updated information nor they try to understand what customer has to say.
I have got the Visa Signature DC when opened an account, later applied for MC World & Visa Platinum DC's through customer care and received both.
I did approach customer care first and they said the same thing (only 1 debit card per account), hence I reached out to the branch in the first place. I guess my question is more around what is the experience of others wrt this, because I already have both cards. I just want to make sure that my Visa card doesn't get closed once I start using the MC card.

I did approach customer care first and they said the same thing (only 1 debit card per account), hence I reached out to the branch in the first place. I guess my question is more around what is the experience of others wrt this, because I already have both cards. I just want to make sure that my Visa card doesn't get closed once I start using the MC card.
Neither of cards gets closed. Many of us holding all 4 dc(s).

Back