• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Can I get my Diners Black active

wiizzard

TF Select
I had a Diners Black which I upgraded to Infinia in 2022 , on upgrading Diners card was de-activated and the points transferred to Infinia. However, the MyCards portal still shows the de-activated Diners Card and also shows an option to re-issue the same
So can I re-activate the Diners Card and hold both Infinia and Diners ?
Anyone with a similar experience?

I had a Diners Black which I upgraded to Infinia in 2022 , on upgrading Diners card was de-activated and the points transferred to Infinia. However, the MyCards portal still shows the de-activated Diners Card and also shows an option to re-issue the same
So can I re-activate the Diners Card and hold both Infinia and Diners ?
Anyone with a similar experience?
Please do the honours and let us know the outcome.

Can you explain a bit. The card won't be activated or infinia is under threat?
If a card has been upgraded then the basic assumption is only one shall remain active (the new one in this case). If you reactivate the old one chances are it gets treated as a new card and your existing card (Infinia) gets deactivated. It’s just like debit cards where old ones though deactivated are still visible but only the latest one is active and linked for transactions. Before proceeding ahead with this make sure you have some sort of confirmation preferably on mail from bank pertaining to the same so that is anything goes south, you can use the same to get back to status quo.

If a card has been upgraded then the basic assumption is only one shall remain active (the new one in this case). If you reactivate the old one chances are it gets treated as a new card and your existing card (Infinia) gets deactivated. It’s just like debit cards where old ones though deactivated are still visible but only the latest one is active and linked for transactions. Before proceeding ahead with this make sure you have some sort of confirmation preferably on mail from bank pertaining to the same so that is anything goes south, you can use the same to get back to status quo.
I assumed a similar risk. Thanks for validating

I once tried to reactivate my deactivated Regalia Gold card from the My Cards app, but it would not let me proceed, stating that I had already reissued the card. I hope this clears your doubts.

FYI: I had upgraded to DCBM from Gold before trying the above.

I had a similar concern and hence the question :)

I once tried to reactivate my deactivated Regalia Gold card from the My Cards app, but it would not let me proceed, stating that I had already reissued the card. I hope this clears your doubts.

FYI: I had upgraded to DCBM from Gold before trying the above.
Thanks, so essentially the re-issue request won't proceed

Back