• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I have Infinia and DCB both?

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I currently hold HDFC Infinia. Today I emailed them asking about DCB LTF under alumni program. I explicitly told them that I don’t want to close my Infinia and would only take DCB if offered as a second and LTF card. I see that made a Cibil enquiry and now asked me fill up a form.

My question is: does anyone hold both Infinia and DCB? If so, what happens to the reward points? Are they earned and redeemed separately? Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks

I did not see much value in holding DCB and Infinia both. I asked them to instead change Infinia to LTF, which they respectfully rejected. Then I asked them to purge Cibil enquiry, which they agreed to do.

To be honest, given Infinia’s 1:1 transfer to Accor, I would rather pay 12.5k and get the points 🙂
For maldives, accor is good or Marriott, can you tell how much value of each point in comparison, i know accor gives 1.8

I am holding Infinia Metal with Tata Neu Infinity combined limit 15L. Both FYF.

Shot an email on 28th June to upgrade Tata Neu Infinity to Diners Black LTF based on alumni criterion(attached degree and form 16), without mentioning anything about Infinia.

A service request was created on 28th itself. A formal email reply was requested by HDFC to provide concent & accept LTF Upgrade, Rewards points conversion on 3rd July, which I immediately replied. Yesterday(6th July) evening received sms and email that service request has been successfully closed, and asked for feedback.

Fingers crossed for now.

Update: Received an email on 07.07.23: stating that provisional degree is not acceptable. They have asked to send the Degree certificate, which I never took in last 24 years (I could not attend the convocation and provisional has served all the practical purposes). Anyway, will get it and try again.

Last edited:
I am holding Infinia Metal with Tata Neu Infinity combined limit 15L. Both FYF.

Shot an email on 28th June to upgrade Tata Neu Infinity to Diners Black LTF based on alumni criterion(attached degree and form 16), without mentioning anything about Infinia.

A service request was created on 28th itself. A formal email reply was requested by HDFC to provide concent & accept LTF Upgrade, Rewards points conversion on 3rd July, which I immediately replied. Yesterday(6th July) evening received sms and email that service request has been successfully closed, and asked for feedback.

Fingers crossed for now.

Update: Received an email on 07.07.23: stating that provisional degree is not acceptable. They have asked to send the Degree certificate, which I never took in last 24 years (I could not attend the convocation and provisional has served all the practical purposes). Anyway, will get it and try again.
Update: Spent 8.1K for the Degree Certificate from Alma Mater. Sent the same to HDFC, in continuation to previous communications. AND......

My Tata Neu Infinity Card has been upgraded to LTF Diners Club Black card. It is visible in HDFC Mobile App as transfer in today. INFINIA Card has not been touched, and in fact I did not mention anything about my Infinia, during entire email communications.

Now I have LTF DCB, FYF VISA INFINIA METAL, LTF MASTERCARD INFINIA PLASTIC(add on) .

Attachments

• Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 170
  • thumbnail_IMG_2967.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2967.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Update: Spent 8.1K for the Degree Certificate from Alma Mater. Sent the same to HDFC, in continuation to previous communications. AND......

My Tata Neu Infinity Card has been upgraded to LTF Diners Club Black card. It is visible in HDFC Mobile App as transfer in today. INFINIA Card has not been touched, and in fact I did not mention anything about my Infinia, during entire email communications.

Very Very Happy, I have now LTF DCB and INFINIA METAL FYF. दो दो..... :)
This is amazing. Congratulations man!

HDFC may not accept new applications for DCB LTF, while one has Infinia . But, they may upgrade to DCB LTF , if you have any other card

I had DCB LTF+Regalia LTF +Tata Nue FYF cards, and got DCB LTF upgraded to Inifinia FYF, then my portfolio became Inifinia+Regalia LTF+ Tata Nue

Later, I had requested for upgrading regalia LTF to DCB LTF (under Alumini program) - now my HDFC portfolio is Inifinia FYF+DCB LTF+Tata Nue FYF

HDFC may not accept new applications for DCB LTF, while one has Infinia . But, they may upgrade to DCB LTF , if you have any other card

I had DCB LTF+Regalia LTF +Tata Nue FYF cards, and got DCB LTF upgraded to Inifinia FYF, then my portfolio became Inifinia+Regalia LTF+ Tata Nue

Later, I had requested for upgrading regalia LTF to DCB LTF (under Alumini program) - now my HDFC portfolio is Inifinia FYF+DCB LTF+Tata Nue FYF
Amazing!

How long did you wait after closing the Infinia upgrade before requesting for DCB LTF from Regalia?

Also, which email id did you send your requests to?

Amazing!

How long did you wait after closing the Infinia upgrade before requesting for DCB LTF from Regalia?

Also, which email id did you send your requests to?
I remember submitting the request within one month (after the Infinia upgrade) . The request was sent to grievance redressal email

what was the time span during the two upgrades?

DCB -> Infinia
and Regalia -> DCB

How did you have both DCB LTF and Regalia LTF?
Doesnt hdfc enforce 1 credit card limit (regular cards), per customer??
Any tricks or suggestions to get this?

Back