• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Canara Rupay Select credit card

nitinmits

TF Select
Finally Canara Rupay Select credit card approved with wellness benefits. Card is LTF. Tried to apply online but no pre approved offers available so rejected. Then applied via branch. CIBIL hit done on 30.3.24 and card approved today with 1.50L limit. Delay in approval due to March ending and holidays.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240420_130155_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240420_130155_Gmail.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 353
  • Screenshot_20240420_130648_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240420_130648_Chrome.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 353
  • Screenshot_20240420_130816_WPS Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20240420_130816_WPS Office.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 353
I got Canara RuPay Platinum approved with 50K limit only 🙁 I submitted my ITR. They asked why I had 20+ credit cards and why then did I want Canara Bank, and I told them "for the offers". (I guess from CIBIL enquiry they can tell how many cards we have?) Then they asked if I knew the benefits of all the cards I held and whether I used them and that's when I thought they were going to decline it.

I told them yes I do use them as per applicable offer, and I was ok with RuPay Classic also. Then they said ok and got RuPay Platinum (but not RuPay Select). On the plus side, spend requirements of Canara RuPay Platinum CC are just 50K in a year, easier to achieve than RuPay Select's 1L for me. Also I don't need the wellness, spa and OTT benefits, for that I've RuPay Select Debit cards also.

Last edited:
I got Canara RuPay Platinum approved with 50K limit only 🙁 I submitted my ITR. They asked why I had 20+ credit cards and why then did I want Canara Bank, and I told them "for the offers". (I guess from CIBIL enquiry they can tell how many cards we have?) Then they asked if I knew the benefits of all the cards I held and whether I used them and that's when I thought they were going to decline it.

I told them yes I do use them as per applicable offer, and I was ok with RuPay Classic also. Then they said ok and got RuPay Platinum (but not RuPay Select). On the plus side, spend requirements of Canara RuPay Platinum CC are just 50K in a year, easier to achieve than 1L for me. Also I don't need the wellness, spa and OTT benefits, for that I've RuPay Select Debit cards
The limit should be 30% of your gross income and for rupay select your gross income should be more than 10 lakh

This is the official rule
For 50K limit (which you say is 30% of gross annual income), one's income would have to be just 1.7L to get 50K limit LOL. Mine is under 10L but close to 10L. So there is no such rule being followed by the bank in every case. Even other PSUs like BOB and PNB are known to give very low limits. BOB once gave 32.5K limit to one of my friends having 13L on HDFC Regalia and 10L on StanC cards

Wrong bro branch has the authority to approve credit card upto 1 lakh limit. You see when you apply for the card they asked from you what limit do you want to request and if you choose above 1 lakh then branch cannot approve it.
I didn't ask for any specific limit, just the card

And yes branch does have authority to approve upto 1 lakh(although i overheard my branch manager has power to approve upto 3 lakhs, mine is the biggest branch in vizag though)
In fact this is the first bank where credit card issuing much more localised as opposed to centralized process of other banks

All I'm saying is they won't give the card to just anyone and they'll vet you before giving you a card,
The first time i applied, after getting my cibil report they literally asked about why i have so many cards and credit enquiries, told me to not apply for so many cards in short period as it makes me look "credit hungry"

I told them yes I do use them as per applicable offer, and I was ok with RuPay Classic also. Then they said ok and got RuPay Platinum (but not RuPay Select). On the plus side, spend requirements of Canara RuPay Platinum CC are just 50K in a year, easier to achieve than 1L for me. Also I don't need the wellness, spa and OTT benefits, for that I've RuPay Select Debit cards also.
See i was also grilled about number of cards and credit enquiries

So the ease with which they give you card also depends on the person and their mood (because of localised naturevof issuing)

Last edited:
My family has good relationship with canara bank and got approved my mother's canara rupay select below 10 lakh income. Everything is possible
Is this a hard rule and only for RuPay Select, not other variants?
My last year's ITR was just 6.5L(i was doing PG with a stipend of 56k/mo.)

Yet i got approved with a limit of 1L(Current Salary in 1.2L/mo. gross though)

I actually wanted Mastercard World Card, but they told me they'll give it to me on my next yrs ITR (Which would be above 10L) and they said they'll give higher limit

Last edited:
For 50K limit (which you say is 30% of gross annual income), one's income would have to be just 1.7L to get 50K limit LOL. Mine is under 10L but close to 10L. So there is no such rule being followed by the bank in every case. Even other PSUs like BOB and PNB are known to give very low limits. BOB once gave 32.5K limit to one of my friends having 13L on HDFC Regalia and 10L on StanC cards
Yeah PSUs are stingy with unsecured credits

I didn't ask for any specific limit, just the card

And yes branch does have authority to approve upto 1 lakh(although i overheard my branch manager has power to approve upto 3 lakhs, mine is the biggest branch in vizag though)
In fact this is the first bank where credit card issuing much more localised as opposed to centralized process of other banks

All I'm saying is they won't give the card to just anyone and they'll vet you before giving you a card,
The first time i applied, after getting my cibil report they literally asked about why i have so many cards and credit enquiries, told me to not apply for so many cards in short period as it makes me look "credit hungry"
Check your credit card application pdf it's written limit requested by customer and if you have studied it's criteria and confront them they would have have given you higher credit limit. The can give credit card to anyone. My brother who is a student got approved for rupay platinum with 50k limit without income documents.So yeah everything is possible. One insider tips for you guys add on cards for the family is shown in their own cibil.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-09-23-10-59-12-41_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.webp
    Screenshot_2024-09-23-10-59-12-41_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 6
Check your credit card application pdf it's written limit requested by customer and if you have studied it's criteria and confront them they would have have given you higher credit limit. The can give credit card to anyone. My brother who is a student got approved for rupay platinum with 50k limit without income documents.So yeah everything is possible. One insider tips for you guys add on cards for the family is shown in their own cibil.
Just this morning i finally received my application scanned copy(i was getting worried about not getting it till now)
And it's completely empty, except for my demographic data (name, Address, account number, account type) and signatures

Honestly at this point i think canara works in mysterious ways

1000192309.webp

But you're right that anything is possible in banking world as long as you've got enough pull...

Hey how do you get add on card on canara, can we get it online, through app, visit branch or is it something that has to asked during application only(i see add on card section on my form)

Last edited:
Finally Canara Rupay Select credit card approved with wellness benefits. Card is LTF. Tried to apply online but no pre approved offers available so rejected. Then applied via branch. CIBIL hit done on 30.3.24 and card approved today with 1.50L limit. Delay in approval due to March ending and holidays.
I also received my rupay select card and it's been more than 4 months and I did not got croma 500 voucher . Did you got it?,

I told them yes I do use them as per applicable offer, and I was ok with RuPay Classic also. Then they said ok and got RuPay Platinum (but not RuPay Select). On the plus side, spend requirements of Canara RuPay Platinum CC are just 50K in a year, easier to achieve than 1L for me. Also I don't need the wellness, spa and OTT benefits, for that I've RuPay Select Debit cards also.
My respect for Canara Bank went up manifold after reading your message. They asked you questions that they ideally should. In general, bank agents / managers are always enthusiastic, if not aggressive, about selling you a credit card.

My respect for Canara Bank went up manifold after reading your message. They asked you questions that they ideally should. In general, bank agents / managers are always enthusiastic, if not aggressive, about selling you a credit card.
Yeah but the questions were to determine limit and variant. They had already done promotional call back in 2022 asking to apply for Canara Bank CC. But there used to be no offers then on Canara cards like there are now on ClearTrip, MakeMyTrip and there was no RuPay UPI linking then, so there was no point in getting one then.

Back