• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cashback SBI Card MCC issue with Flipkart

iM23

TF Premier
Recently I ordered a smartphone from Flipkart and paid using my Cashback SBI Card. So, I should have received 5% cashback but I didn't. So, I emailed the Nodal Officer of SBI Card explaining everything and also attached the necessary documents and screenshots. Today, I got a reply from the team and came to know that the MCC for the transaction was reported as 5942 which is categorized under "School & Educational Services".
As per the terms and conditions effective from 1 May 2023, transactions under this MCC would not get cashback. So, I haven't received it. Now, I came to know from this community that there's nothing to do from the SBI Card's end as Flipkart has reported the MCC to the SBI Card. But what should I do now? Is there any way to lodge a complaint and correct the reported MCC so that I can get that cashback?

Recently I ordered a smartphone from Flipkart and paid using my Cashback SBI Card. So, I should have received 5% cashback but I didn't. So, I emailed the Nodal Officer of SBI Card explaining everything and also attached the necessary documents and screenshots. Today, I got a reply from the team and came to know that the MCC for the transaction was reported as 5942 which is categorized under "School & Educational Services". As per the terms and conditions effective from 1 May 2023, transactions under this MCC would not get cashback. So, I haven't received it. Now, I came to know from this community that there's nothing to do from the SBI Card's end as Flipkart has reported the MCC to the SBI Card. But what should I do now? Is there any way to lodge a complaint and correct the reported MCC so that I can get that cashback?
You put your effort enough in this matter. Its is very well known issue of sbi cashbck card with regard to flipkart.

Jo hona tha ho gaya

Flipkart is culprit here SBI is crime and you are victim

You put your effort enough in this matter. Its is very well known issue of sbi cashbck card with regard to flipkart.

Jo hona tha ho gaya

Flipkart is culprit here SBI is crime and you are victim
Yeah, because 5% of a smartphone's price is not a small amount, you can understand. Whatever, so, nothing to do in this case?

Recently I ordered a smartphone from Flipkart and paid using my Cashback SBI Card. So, I should have received 5% cashback but I didn't. So, I emailed the Nodal Officer of SBI Card explaining everything and also attached the necessary documents and screenshots. Today, I got a reply from the team and came to know that the MCC for the transaction was reported as 5942 which is categorized under "School & Educational Services".
As per the terms and conditions effective from 1 May 2023, transactions under this MCC would not get cashback. So, I haven't received it. Now, I came to know from this community that there's nothing to do from the SBI Card's end as Flipkart has reported the MCC to the SBI Card. But what should I do now? Is there any way to lodge a complaint and correct the reported MCC so that I can get that cashback?
what was the merchant name on the payment page? I also have one transaction pending for settlement. In my case merchant name is Flipkart Internet PVT LTD.

This doesn't apply to just FK, there are so many businesses quoting the wrong MCC.. which @VISHESH_BANSAL maharaj knows better... ;) ;)
Loopholes are different things🤭😁

But for the shady business Flopkart comes at top...

Secured Packaging fee
Sale fee
Offer handling fee
Falana dimkana fee fee ....🤣
Is there any fee left.....😜

what was the merchant name on the payment page? I also have one transaction pending for settlement. In my case merchant name is Flipkart Internet PVT LTD.
The merchant name in my case is "Flipkart Internet Priv Bangalore IN". Even in some cases, I have noticed a slight change in name before and after the settlement of the same transaction.:ROFLMAO:

Back