• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Charged Fee on LTF Emeralde

VikasBhindwar

TF Premier
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
From this post, I want to bring attention of experts.

First of all, I am holding LTF Sapphiro Dual card which I got in June recently via upgrade.

Recently on 11th Aug, I checked my iMobile & there I saw LTF Emeralde which was earlier showing as charged. Then I checked Netbanking as well, there it was showing as charged Emeralde. I took screenshot & mailed to customer care regarding LTF status.

They said that if it's showing LTF then its LTF as they are unable to confirm without card.

After that I applied and asked again for LTF status. But strangely now they said that its chargeable card. I have attached screenshot as well, but they are denying the same.

After that, I raised the issue on X to which they are still investigating, they will reply me by tomorrow.

In mean time I have raised the complaint on RBI as well.

They have charged the annual fee of 14160, which is not beneficial in anyway as I am already holding LTF Sapphiro which already confirmed by customer care.

My concern is how they have said that if it's showing LTF, then they charged for the card.

I am thinking to negotiate on 3 points:-
1. Make current Emeralde LTF & Reverse Annual Charge, or
2. Upgrade to chargeable Emeralde Private Metal, or
3. Reverse the Annual Fee & Close the card.

Please suggest how to proceed further, as Annual Fee is already charged, which I don't want to pay for this card or How to make it LTF or get upgrade to Emeralde Private?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-12-17-37-42-772_com.csam.icici.bank.imobile.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-12-17-37-42-772_com.csam.icici.bank.imobile.jpg
    682.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20240819_143344.jpg
    IMG_20240819_143344.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20240819_143556.jpg
    IMG_20240819_143556.jpg
    704.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20240819_145933.jpg
    IMG_20240819_145933.jpg
    702.9 KB · Views: 160
I think momentarily you were lucky enough to be eligible for LTF Emerald, bit then it was withdrawn (either because they chaged it for you specifically or they had a target for some particular number of LTF Emerald to be issued and that quota got finished)

1. You can try to convert your existing Emerald to LTF, but in my experience it requires very high TRV/Corporate Tie up

2. It's even more difficult to get Emerald Private Metal, as customer care are totally clueless and it can only be done through either branch or if you're pre approved on app

3. If you haven't activated the card till now, i think you can cancel it without paying annual fee, this would be your best bet i suppose

I think momentarily yo were lucky enough to ve eligible for LTF Emerald, bit then it was withdrawn (eithet because they chaged it for you specifically or they had a target for some particular number of LTF Emerald to be issued and thay quota got finished)

1. You can try to convert your existing Emerald to LTF, but in my experience it requires very high TRV/Corporate Tie up

2. It's even more difficult to get Emerald Private Metal, as customer care are totally clueless and it can only be done through either branch or if you're pre approved on app

3. If you haven't activated the card till now, i think you can cancel it without paying annual fee, this would be your best bet i suppose
Mistakenly activated the card, knowing that it's lifetime free. Later got to know that its chargeable because their reply mail came late.

Do you have screen recording of your iMbile app (via some ither phone) ? If you had screen recording where it would show your user id and then clicking on offer and seeing LTF offer, then you could even go to Consumer Court

but, SS won't help as you can take/forge it from someone else.

Fight tooth and nail to get the card cancelled as soon as possible before bill for joining fee get generated,
Otherwise you'll get stuck with paying that or your credit score will get screwed
Waiting till tomorrow, social media team said they will reply by tomorrow. Else will fight to get Annual Fee reversed along with card cancellation.

I
Do you have screen recording of your iMbile app (via some ither phone) ? If you had screen recording where it would show your user id and then clicking on offer and seeing LTF offer, then you could even go to Consumer Court

If I should have known that this will happen, then definitely have taken recording.😌

I

If I should have known that this will happen, then definitely have taken recording.😌
It doesn't matter as even if you had a genuine screenshot or video of LTF offer, when you took the card it was a paid card, so that's what you got

Unlike HDFC where most of the upgrades are on email and pen/paper with your branch employees having a lot of power and influence, ICICI is quite the opposite where it's mostly all app based automated system with branch employees being most clueless about credit cards and directing you to check the app yourself

Your card is LTF and will be converted to the same by the Bank.

There's no need to worry. Just continue following the escalation process. Once, due to a miscommunication over the phone regarding the charges for the Emeralde card, ICICI had to compensate me with a ₹5,000 fine.
Escalation is okay. Already raised to ICICI as well as RBI but my statement date is 2nd of month. I don't want to pay 14k for this card.

Your card is LTF and will be converted to the same by the Bank.

There's no need to worry. Just continue following the escalation process. Once, due to a miscommunication over the phone regarding the charges for the Emeralde card, ICICI had to compensate me with a ₹5,000 fine.
Absolutely +1

The fact that the screenshot shows it as LTF is all that you need. I see no need to be scared of paying the annual fee if you have to, provided that you are willing to go the distance to get the card as LTF, coz the bank will try to fight, of course, but it's their mistake and so they will have to bear the consequences.

Regarding your 3 points, IMO:
1. Make current Emeralde LTF & Reverse Annual Charge - Virtually guaranteed
2. Upgrade to chargeable Emeralde Private Metal - A matter of negotiation but certainly possible
3. Reverse the Annual Fee & Close the card - Worst option

However, one thing that does weaken your case is that you sent them a mail asking for clarification before even getting the card. So they can always say that you knew that there was a chance that the card was paid and you went ahead with it anyway, which means that you were OK with getting a paid card if that were the case.

Your move, mate.

Absolutely +1

The fact that the screenshot shows it as LTF is all that you need. I see no need to be scared of paying the annual fee if you have to, provided that you are willing to go the distance to get the card as LTF, coz the bank will try to fight, of course, but it's their mistake and so they will have to bear the consequences.

Regarding your 3 points, IMO:
1. Make current Emeralde LTF & Reverse Annual Charge - Virtually guaranteed
2. Upgrade to chargeable Emeralde Private Metal - A matter of negotiation but certainly possible
3. Reverse the Annual Fee & Close the card - Worst option

However, one thing that does weaken your case is that you sent them a mail asking for clarification before even getting the card. So they can always say that you knew that there was a chance that the card was paid and you went ahead with it anyway, which means that you were OK with getting a paid card if that were the case.

Your move, mate.
Little bit I am changing my mind to fight. I can pay the fees as in long run, I can pour the benefits from BOGO itself when it became LTF. Waiting for their reply which I will get by tomorrow.

Bro, the same thing happened to me. I also got a chargeable card and the first statement was generated for the same amount, 14160. I requested a card closure. I found out that if you close the card within 30 days of its generation, they'll reverse the card fee and the card will be closed. After 30 days, there might be some issues. And believe me, you won't be able to upgrade to the metal edition no matter how much you try. I tried a lot. I still get the upgrade option every month in the paid version.

Try to get the card closed and the fee reversed. That's all they'll do. Don't expect more. You can complain to the RBI, maybe you'll get some help from there, but the rest depends on luck.

Bro, the same thing happened to me. I also got a chargeable card and the first statement was generated for the same amount, 14160. I requested a card closure. I found out that if you close the card within 30 days of its generation, they'll reverse the card fee and the card will be closed. After 30 days, there might be some issues. And believe me, you won't be able to upgrade to the metal edition no matter how much you try. I tried a lot. I still get the upgrade option every month in the paid version.

Try to get the card closed and the fee reversed. That's all they'll do. Don't expect more. You can complain to the RBI, maybe you'll get some help from there, but the rest depends on luck.
You paid the amount of it was refunded back? Because as far as I know, refund doesn't count as payment.

Little bit I am changing my mind to fight. I can pay the fees as in long run, I can pour the benefits from BOGO itself when it became LTF. Waiting for their reply which I will get by tomorrow.
My suggestion is fight for Emeralde Pvt Metal card instead of compensation and if they are okay with it.

** Ofcourse first of all you should be okay with it.

Back