• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cibil Transunion Membership, Worth it?

arjun

TF Select
I am thinking of buying the cibil premium subscription for 1200rs for 1 year. Anyone here have it, if yes can you share your review? I have tried other external apps but the problem is every other app is showing a different cibil. Paisebazar, Onescore, etc. And they update the score also on different dates. Anyone have any suggestion?

I bought it last year at 50% discount @550 for one year. At that price, personally feel it's worth it for a CIBIL conscious person like me.
But yes, 1200 would be a bit steep price and I'll have to reconsider in that price.

I am thinking of buying the cibil premium subscription for 1200rs for 1 year. Anyone here have it, if yes can you share your review? I have tried other external apps but the problem is every other app is showing a different cibil. Paisebazar, Onescore, etc. And they update the score also on different dates. Anyone have any suggestion?
Check your cibil by weekly different providers freely.

I felt it was worth it. I was apprehensive for taking multiple cards. One day, I tried the simulator for taking a new credit card, and they was no change in score, so applied for newer cards.
I was able to understand on what date a certain bank posts to CIBIL and how the credit utilisation is getting calculated.
HDFC doesn't report Credit limit, only high usage. Whenever there's a new High usage on HDFC CC, I can see my score getting reduced temporarily.
I got to know DPD for determining the score is a 36 month window.

To understand the above things, technically CIBIL subscription isn't required, but I bothered to look and understand those things only after taking subscription and checking score and report quite often.

Days Past Due.
SBI home loan guys created a seperate loan account for just for the home loan insurance and they didn't tell me about any Debits that's gonna happen on that, because of that I got 2 transactions that are >30 Days Past Due. I have realised these very late when I was applying for another loan. Previously DPD window used to be 24 months, CIBIL have increased it to 36 months now.

Back