• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Climbing the Credit Card Ladder: From Diners Privilege to Infinia Metal in 8 Months

yogesh_kumar

TF Buzz
Hi Folks,

I wanted to share my journey from the Diners Privilege to the Infinia Metal credit card FYF.

Until 2023, I wasn't into credit cards, but the discounts during Big Billion Days and Amazon Prime sales got me interested. I explored the benefits of credit cards, including lounge access, and decided to dive in.

November'23 : As an NIT Kurukshetra graduate, I applied for an Sapphiro LTF offer from ICICI Bank and was approved. While the card was decent for BOGO offers, I wanted something more rewarding, so I aimed for the Diners Black Metal card. HDFC Area Manager declined my request as I'm not meeting salary requirement (Last ITR : 23 Lakh) and suggested the Diners Privilege instead, which I got with a 3 lakh limit.

May'24 : Over time, I realized the Diners Privilege wasn’t offering much in terms of rewards. I requested an upgrade to Diners Black, which I was eligible for based on card usage as confirmed by BM of HDFC. Despite filling out the upgrade form, I didn't hear anything back.

July'24 : During a visit to my home branch, I connected with the Relationship Manager, who assured me that an upgrade was possible with BBH approval due to a deviation, given my expenses exceeded 6 lakhs in last six months. Expenses was 6.5+ Lacs in last six months. After a month without a response from BBH for approval, I was advised to email the MD Desk. Surprisingly, within a day, I received approval from BBH.

However, when I checked my HDFC app, I saw the card had been upgraded to Diners Black due to form I sent for Black Upgrade in May'24. After discussing it with the RM, I was told that another upgrade would only be possible after six months. But after reaching out to MD Desk again, to my surprise, the Infinia Metal card appeared in my account the next day. Infinia Card offered is FYF basis.

I started with the Diners Privilege in November 2023 and finally reached Infinia in July 2024.

I would like to thank the TF family members for the knowledge shared on this forum. It was really helpful in reaching the Infinia Metal.

P.S : Apologies in advance as I won't be able to share email as it's personal e-mail of C&MD. For that you can approach your RM/BM through available channels. Thanks for understanding.

Attachments

• 1000353400.webp
    1000353400.webp
    79.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hi Folks,

I wanted to share my journey from the Diners Privilege to the Infinia Metal credit card.

Until 2023, I wasn't into credit cards, but the discounts during Big Billion Days and Amazon Prime sales got me interested. I explored the benefits of credit cards, including lounge access, and decided to dive in.

November'23 : As an NIT Kurukshetra graduate, I applied for an LTF offer from ICICI Bank and was approved. While the card was decent for BOGO offers, I wanted something more rewarding, so I aimed for the Diners Black Metal card. HDFC Area Manager declined my request as I'm not meeting salary requirement (Last ITR : 23 Lakh) and suggested the Diners Privilege instead, which I got with a 3 lakh limit.

May'24 : Over time, I realized the Diners Privilege wasn’t offering much in terms of rewards. I requested an upgrade to Diners Black, which I was eligible for based on card usage as confirmed by BM of HDFC. Despite filling out the upgrade form, I didn't hear anything back.

July'24 : During a visit to my home branch in Himachal, I connected with the Relationship Manager, who assured me that an upgrade was possible with BBH approval due to a deviation, given my expenses exceeded 6 lakhs in last six months. Expenses was 6.5+ Lacs in last six months. After a month without a response from BBH for approval, I was advised to email the CMD directly. Surprisingly, within a day, I received approval from BBH.

However, when I checked my HDFC app, I saw the card had been upgraded to Diners Black due to form I sent for Black Upgrade in May'24. After discussing it with the RM, I was told that another upgrade would only be possible after six months. But after reaching out to CMD again, to my surprise, the Infinia Metal card appeared in my account the next day.

I started with the Diners Privilege in November 2023 and finally reached Infinia in July 2024.

I would like to thank the TF family members for the knowledge shared on this forum. It was really helpful in reaching the Infinia Metal.
You got Diners Black and Infinia both?

Congratulations on getting this big upgrade I was also offered a paid Diners Privilege card but after looking at the fees and rewards it provides for a paid card I didn't go for it. Your BM and RM seem good.
I just wanted to know a few pieces of information if you don't mind sharing:
  1. Have you got the approval based on the spend criteria only or are you also meeting other criteria like salary, ITR, and existing card limit greater than 8 lakh, etc?
  2. If it is not just spent then please give a rough idea of other criteria that you are fulfilling
  3. I currently have millennia with a 6.4 lakh limit, and I am looking forward to getting an upgrade, should I take the Diners Privilege card ? or should I try to upgrade directly as I think I am already meeting the spending criteria?

Congratulations on getting this big upgrade I was also offered a paid Diners Privilege card but after looking at the fees and rewards it provides for a paid card I didn't go for it. Your BM and RM seem good.
I just wanted to know a few pieces of information if you don't mind sharing:
  1. Have you got the approval based on the spend criteria only or are you also meeting other criteria like salary, ITR, and existing card limit greater than 8 lakh, etc?
  2. If it is not just spent then please give a rough idea of other criteria that you are fulfilling
  3. I currently have millennia with a 6.4 lakh limit, and I am looking forward to getting an upgrade, should I take the Diners Privilege card ? or should I try to upgrade directly as I think I am already meeting the spending criteria?
1. My CL on Diner Privilege was 3L. I'm also not meeting salary criteria like they were asking for 36 Lacs ITR but I have only 23 Lacs in preceding FY.
2. I have met the spend criteria which 6+ lacs as per RM
3. Diner Privileges not much lucrative if you are high spender due to RP Monthly limit. You can approach for upgrade and can leverage alert existing banking relationship. Like my family have more than 20+ Lakhs FDs in my home branch.

Last edited:
Congratulations!

After a month without a response from BBH for approval, I was advised to email the CMD directly. Surprisingly, within a day, I received approval from BBH.
Question related to this, you discussed with your RM/BM and they told you to mail CMD regarding upgrade ?

Or did they took approval internally by mail themselves and then to show that customer is asking upgrade, asked you to mail as well ?

Hi Folks,

I wanted to share my journey from the Diners Privilege to the Infinia Metal credit card FYF.

November'23 : As an NIT Kurukshetra graduate, I applied for an Sapphiro LTF offer from ICICI Bank and was approved. While the card was decent for BOGO offers, I wanted something more rewarding, so I aimed for the Diners Black Metal card. HDFC Area Manager declined my request as I'm not meeting salary requirement (Last ITR : 23 Lakh) and suggested the Diners Privilege instead, which I got with a 3 lakh limit.

July'24 : During a visit to my home branch in Himachal, I connected with the Relationship Manager, who assured me that an upgrade was possible with BBH approval due to a deviation, given my expenses exceeded 6 lakhs in last six months. Expenses was 6.5+ Lacs in last six months. After a month without a response from BBH for approval, I was advised to email the CMD directly. Surprisingly, within a day, I received approval from BBH.

However, when I checked my HDFC app, I saw the card had been upgraded to Diners Black due to form I sent for Black Upgrade in May'24. After discussing it with the RM, I was told that another upgrade would only be possible after six months. But after reaching out to CMD again, to my surprise, the Infinia Metal card appeared in my account the next day. Infinia Card offered is FYF basis.

bhai CMD ka mail id share kar do. Ab limit kitni hai infinia ki apke pas ? 3 lac se badhai ya nahi ?

Congratulations!

Question related to this, you discussed with your RM/BM and they told you to mail CMD regarding upgrade ?

Or did they took approval internally by mail themselves and then to show that customer is asking upgrade, asked you to mail as well ?
Firstly my RM tried to took approval from BBH internally but there were resistance from Higher ups authority then my RM suggested to escalate the matter to C&MD Help Desk that only now then can help you in this matter as he already tried his best. After that I have mailed my detailed justification for Infinia to C&MD Desk. Case was registered and mail triggered to BBH and BM. Same day BBH gave approval to BM which was pending from 1 months to close this complaint. Priority given to C&MD Desk over general grievance readdresal complaints.

Fresh limit is 8 Lacs.
When did you submit the upgrade form?
Was it physical form submitted to branch or via email?
And when did you get notification that your card is approved?
I am trying to understand the timelines, that how many days does it take for the overall process after the upgrade form is sent (physical/email).

When did you submit the upgrade form?
Was it physical form submitted to branch or via email?
And when did you get notification that your card is approved?
I am trying to understand the timelines, that how many days does it take for the overall process after the upgrade form is sent (physical/email).
For Diner Black

It took around 2 Weeks time. Form was filled in hardcopy at branch and sent to Chennai Office.

RM shared airbill number with them once documents reached there for early processing.

For Infinia

In this case I have filled the form but they never sent it to Channai office. After my complaint next day I received email from BM that deviation approval are in place and next day card started showing in App.

What kind of spends u did in cc
Rentals Payment ( 1.5 Lacs) , Zomato/Swiggy/Blinkit ( Approx 25k PM) Hotel Bookings, Online Purchase, Fuel (Approx 10 K PM), Gold (Approx 75k), Offline Shopping , Utilities Bills, Term Insurance premium etc.

Month Wise Expenses

*current outstanding as on day of mail for upgrade

1000353402.webp

Last edited:
For Diner Black

It took around 2 Weeks time. Form was filled in hardcopy at branch and sent to Chennai Office.

RM shared airbill number with them once documents reached there for early processing.

For Infinia

In this case I have filled the form but they never sent it to Channai office. After my complaint next day I received email from BM that deviation approval are in place and next day card started showing in App.
okay, thanks. And did you get any cibil hit notification?

Thanks for sharing your journey with all the details. Was very informative.

I just got a DCP LTF. Now targetting Infinia.

The most impirtant thing for an Infinia upgrade is always 'Spends in last 6 months'
This has once again been proved !!!

Thanks for sharing your journey with all the details. Was very informative.

I just got a DCP LTF. Now targetting Infinia.

The most impirtant thing for an Infinia upgrade is always 'Spends in last 6 months'
This has once again been proved !!!
Yes I also agree with you that's the most important thing for Infinia upgrade. Without any spend it is really difficult for even RM to ask up competent authority for deviation approval. Along with that as my family banking in same Branch so I also leveraged that things. I clear stated to move family FD of more than 20 Lacs to ICICI. However they said they can't relate this to my personal account as they are separate units but you still get edge over it.

Last edited:
Back