• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card advice needed: details in post

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

Hope you guys are doing good.
I recently got a job with a net salary of ~2.8L per month. Needed advice for the card that I should have in portfolio.
Currently, I have the following active credit cards:
1. Icici Coral
2. Icici Rubyx
3. Amazon Pay Icici

Amazon Pay Icici is my primary card due to 1% cashback on all transactions.
In the past, I had applied for BOB Eterna, but they gave BOB PremierMiles instead, even though I met all the criteria. Cancelled/Closed the card without activation.
I have already applied for Zomato Edition card, since it's LTF.
I am thinking of HDFC Infinia. One of my friends talked to the relationship manager of HDFC bank and got to know that eligibility of Infinia is having a salary account with HDFC and a net salary of at least 2.75L per month.
Not really a fan of Axis Magnus since it will be useful only if you spend more than 1L in one month(tough call for me).

Please let me know
1. Which cards should I have in my possession with this salary?
2. Do I need to apply for SBI cashback card if I have Infinia?

P.S: My first post in this forum. Glad I discovered this. Thanks :)

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Try SCB ultimate too, along with SBI cashback
The SBI cashback card gives flat 5% cash back on all online spends. So I can concur. However, a bit shy because a) it's not LTF b) If devaluation happens, the card will be a waste
If I have Infinia, do I need SCB ultimate too? Both have a 3.3% reward point as base.

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Even without the 1L bonus milestone points, you get a 4.8% reward rate on all regular transactions.
The regular reward rate is 1.2% only I think. With travel edge, we have accelerated rewards, but the options are limited. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Infinia regular reward rate is 3.3%. So I am being shy of Axis Magnus when I might have Infinia.

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
First you should approach the bank where you have your salary account for their best CC that too LTF. If it's a sarkari bank then my comment is not applicable. In that case try opening some good account like ICICI Wealth/ AXIS Burgundy / HDFC Imperia and they will automatically offer you their best cards LFT. Most of the Super Premium cards have pretty high charges so better get it through your savings account relationship.

Some good cards to have (personal usage experience)
1) HDFC Infinia (Priority Pass for both primary and add on with unlimited lounge access, you can use your rewards points as 1 rupee to buy apple products)
2) SBI Elite (500 bucks movie ticket every month so 6000 received for 5000 CC Fees paid, apart from this you will also get other offers on Amazon, FK)
3) ICICI Amazon and AXIS FK (Both and FTF and flat 5% cash back on all transactions made on respective platforms)
4) Indusind EazyDiner Card (Eazydiner has got decent network and amazing discounts. One plus one movie ticket every month, its a LTF card)
5) Axis Bank Myzone card (LTF with 120 Rs off 4 time per month on Swiggy other offers as well)

Last edited: