• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card CIBIL Reporting Date

@SSV Do you know if this is true? Does the impact on score and it's recalculation doesn't happen instantly as soon as the bank reporting is done and updated within CIBIL? If not instant, does it take ~7 days per your experience?

PS:- I had my overall O/S reduced from 21% to 12% today but the score hasn't changed, hence wondering.
It impacts immediately or maximum in one day..

Your score has not changed because, as I mentioned already:
1) It works in range bound blocks.. ( we don't know the exact ranges)
2) not only your overal utilisation but also yourindivual utilization matters ie. overall utilasation might have reduce to 12%, but even if you have one account with more than 20% utilisation, it wont impact the score in your case..

YOu may check the compete details in my thread on CIBIL - A practical guide.. here

@SSV Do you know if this is true? Does the impact on score and it's recalculation doesn't happen instantly as soon as the bank reporting is done and updated within CIBIL? If not instant, does it take ~7 days per your experience?

PS:- I had my overall O/S reduced from 21% to 12% today but the score hasn't changed, hence wondering.

follow same for another 2 months and let us know the status.

Atleast I can 100% confirm it's not instant. I have been tracking data from last 2 months, couple more month's should give me accuracy in data.
Every bank has its own reflection date. While maximum banks give 31st data to CIBIL, it's not either given immediately on 31st or CIBIL takes it own sweet time to update. I believe it's bank's delayed data sharing. This creates a good amount of lag between the data & it's publishing on CIBIL.

It impacts immediately or maximum in one day..

Your score has not changed because, as I mentioned already:
1) It works in range bound blocks.. ( we don't know the exact ranges)
2) not only your overal utilisation but also yourindivual utilization matters ie. overall utilasation might have reduce to 12%, but even if you have one account with more than 20% utilisation, it wont impact the score in your case..

YOu may check the compete details in my thread on CIBIL - A practical guide.. here

@SSV Can you check my DM when you get a chance? Thanks!

Reactions: SSV
@TechnoFino @SSV @helloworld - Just refreshed the CIBIL. This is my 1st Yes Bank CC and I can see in CIBIL they have reported on statement generation date instead of Month end. Is this only for 1st month or something has changed in reporting from Month End to Statement Generation date?

Reactions: SSV
@TechnoFino @SSV @helloworld - Just refreshed the CIBIL. This is my 1st Yes Bank CC and I can see in CIBIL they have reported on statement generation date instead of Month end. Is this only for 1st month or something has changed in reporting from Month End to Statement Generation date?
observe it for a few months as banks may change reporting any time or may induce added reporting such as Bill Day + Month End etc.

tbh, you can ignore it. focus on moderate utilizing and pay on time. that is more than enough to get score. Now a days, >750 above is very good to get good interest rates on loans, so avoid worrying much.

----

regarding your query, yes some banks report on statement date and some banks month end. anycase, it might take a month or quarter to reflect in CIBIL. so, no need to keep track every month.

tbh, you can ignore it. focus on moderate utilizing and pay on time. that is more than enough to get score. Now a days, >750 above is very good to get good interest rates on loans, so avoid worrying much.

----

regarding your query, yes some banks report on statement date and some banks month end. anycase, it might take a month or quarter to reflect in CIBIL. so, no need to keep track every month.
Yeah except Amex Charge cards I pay all dues right after statement generation. My cibil is >780

any reason for not paying Amex card dues immediately after statement generation? Or do you pay before generation?
@lightwaves Charge cards doesn’t have a limit reported in CIBIL so utilisation won’t come under report for CIBIL.(There are people who said they have their virtual limit reported under their amex Charge card with CIBIL) Also I’m paying in monthly once these huge amount (>2 lakhs) to see if I stand a chance to get an invite for Centurion over next 3-4 years.

@lightwaves Charge cards doesn’t have a limit reported in CIBIL so utilisation won’t come under report for CIBIL.(There are people who said they have their virtual limit reported under their amex Charge card with CIBIL) Also I’m paying in monthly once these huge amount (>2 lakhs) to see if I stand a chance to get an invite for Centurion over next 3-4 years.
Great! Thanks.

This was new for me. TIL.

Great! Thanks.

This was new for me. TIL.
When I initially took the charge card in June the virtual limit was 8 lakhs and I called up CC to ask for limit enhancement telling for a card with 41k charge how is this limit justified. They said its upto internal spend patterns and limit gets auto set based on the pattern. It’s been 3 bill cycles now I can see my spend limit is 20 lakhs.

@lightwaves Charge cards doesn’t have a limit reported in CIBIL so utilisation won’t come under report for CIBIL.(There are people who said they have their virtual limit reported under their amex Charge card with CIBIL)

yes, charge cards not included in utilization and same mentioned in cibil and experian report home page.

all the best for centurion!

Back