• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for Gold Jewellery purchases on different outlets.

Raghav2006

TF Select
Hello everyone,
As the gold price has fallen this week, my family is thinking of buying some gold jewelry from either Tanishq or PCJ. The total purchases might go north of 2lacs.
I already know about Tata Neu card and have that and wanted to know if any other good credit card is there to get for this purchase (not Amex), direct cashback or amazon/flipkart/tanishq/pcj GV is preferred, which I can acquire in tier 2/3 as well.
The credit might be used to buy gold from Local gold merchants in NCR region as well.
Also, if it's in anyone's knowledge, which one out of PCJ and Tanishq charges less making on gold jewelry, and are negotiations done?
Please do let me know, thanks.

Last edited:
Just one point about tanishq - making charges for plain gold chains (at least for some chains for men) is not that bad. Recently someone I know bought a gold chain with only 12.5% making charges. Even I was surprised to know that. They do have higher base rate for gold (7040 vs 6940 for kalyan & malabar). I compared some products (gold chains for men) online and - overall net rate per gram (including making charges & gst):
tanishq = 8267
malabar = 8309
reliance = 8322
candere by kalyan = 8353
Of course, offline prices may vary

Edit - I checked more chains online from tanishq for men as well as women and they seem to be having high making charges (22-25%) - so it's possible low making charges is either one off thing or restricted for specific and limited products.
Yup, you might be right, but the thing is in their offline stores, neither the gold price is correct nor the making charges.
They're too high compared to online, whereas in reliance and malabar is exactly same as online websites.

Yup, you might be right, but the thing is in their offline stores, neither the gold price is correct nor the making charges.
They're too high compared to online, whereas in reliance and malabar is exactly same as online websites.
last month when I bought somethings from Tanishq. the price was the same as their online website.

I paid 14% in charges for a gold chain.

last month when I bought somethings from Tanishq. the price was the same as their online website.

Then I guess it depends on store to store.
On 22nd of last month, I visited to purchase necklace, the price of 22k at store was more than 24k online, and the making was 35%.
As I visited them late I couldn't visit other store the same day, but the next day visited reliance for the same purchase and price was correct and making charges were very less.
Sibling purchased a ring from malabar delhi yesterday, will ask about her experience and charges of making once I get to know, and share them here as well.

Or maybe, as I didn't buy gold chain so I am not sure, but the making and price might be correct for chains.
I only know about necklace, earrings, and rings.

Or maybe, as I didn't buy gold chain so I am not sure, but the making and price might be correct for chains.
I only know about necklace, earrings, and rings.
I had purchased a mangalsutra with a making charges of 24%. and that too was in the same bill and the rate was same for all. Don't think prices differ with items. It differs by purity 24, 22, 18 or 14 karat.

I had purchased a mangalsutra with a making charges of 24%. and that too was in the same bill and the rate was same for all. Don't think prices differ with items. It differs by purity 24, 22, 18 or 14 karat.
Got it.
I am already aware about the purity and I am talking about different prices for the same purity.

Back