• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for Gold Jewellery purchases on different outlets.

Raghav2006

TF Select
Hello everyone,
As the gold price has fallen this week, my family is thinking of buying some gold jewelry from either Tanishq or PCJ. The total purchases might go north of 2lacs.
I already know about Tata Neu card and have that and wanted to know if any other good credit card is there to get for this purchase (not Amex), direct cashback or amazon/flipkart/tanishq/pcj GV is preferred, which I can acquire in tier 2/3 as well.
The credit might be used to buy gold from Local gold merchants in NCR region as well.
Also, if it's in anyone's knowledge, which one out of PCJ and Tanishq charges less making on gold jewelry, and are negotiations done?
Please do let me know, thanks.

Last edited:
Ok, so right now for purchases I should first grab the paid one.
But what to do about limit. It's only 2lacs, will need atleast 3lacs even if I use 100% of it for once
That's a tough one. You can use it for a maximum of 2L only and can't pay it before bill generation since HDFC not allowing advance payments after BBPS integration

What other credit cards do you have?

Guys a question.. Ignoring the loss at the time of sale etc etc.. Wanted to know if tanishk is a good place to buy jewellery or local jeweller's are better? How much making charges do tanisk charge? I have infinia so can buy vouchers via gyftr.

This is for jewellery which we are planning to purchase.. Approx 10 to 15 grams.

Guys a question.. Ignoring the loss at the time of sale etc etc.. Wanted to know if tanishk is a good place to buy jewellery or local jeweller's are better? How much making charges do tanisk charge? I have infinia so can buy vouchers via gyftr.

This is for jewellery which we are planning to purchase.. Approx 10 to 15 grams.
Making charges depends on the designs.
They can range between 3 to 30% or even higher.
Visit the places, checkout the designs, ask for discounts and compare.

From the experience with Kalyan stores - they won't give additional discounts on making charges if we use GV.
But for cash or card payments they do give better rates for making.

Local stores may even quote a smaĺler making charges if you do cash payments.

Tip: Bargain making rates and final rate before saying you will be using cc/gv

I couldn't find the T&C pdf for Apay ICICI, so I checked TechnoFino card review page and I found Silver, Gold, etc are excluded..
As per T&C they dont give but while I bought gold jewellery from their showroom it gave 1% and this was from their main branch in Thrissur not some small branches in other towns

That's a tough one. You can use it for a maximum of 2L only and can't pay it before bill generation since HDFC not allowing advance payments after BBPS integration

What other credit cards do you have?
Apay.
Will use HDFC till 1.9L and over and above 1 pay or use GV bought from Amazon with this card

Purchased some small items of 10-12gms each from Local Known shop (not a showroom or local brand) and tanishq too.
If you've been visiting a reputed local shop for jewellery purchases for a long time, then tanishq doesn't make sense.

Purchased gold chain from both of them and was charged Rs.6670 plus 10% making from local store and Rs.6650 plus 20% from tanishq.

Purchased some small items of 10-12gms each from Local Known shop (not a showroom or local brand) and tanishq too.
If you've been visiting a reputed local shop for jewellery purchases for a long time, then tanishq doesn't make sense.

Purchased gold chain from both of them and was charged Rs.6670 plus 10% making from local store and Rs.6650 plus 20% from tanishq.
Was charged GST on Tanishq purchase and could use Credit card.
But In the local store GST was optional if we pay through majority cash and some UPI, but necessary for whole non cash payment.

Thinking of purchasing necklace set upcoming week and was told by tanishq that making charges are 20-30% but 20% one's are too basic to consider so the average is 25%.
Whereas in local store the making was 10% and 15% in case of rose gold and extremely heavy designs, and designs at both the sellers were good, but tanishq was available for purchase right away and local store wanted 3-4days.

Overall even after 5% Value back using HDFC cc on Tanishq, couldn't find a good reason to purchase from them, hence would go to local store

If you have a statement in between, you can consider purchasing tanishq Voucher from tata neu itself using tata neu infinity.
Won't visit tanishq most probably, but if I do then GV would be purchased on spot for the required amount.

Thanks

Back